*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270285-HONESTY-The-Best-Policy
Rated: E · Short Story · Personal · #1270285
A short story on honesty which involves a man called Richards
HONESTY: THE BEST POLICY

Dear readers, I believe we are all familiar with the word and attitude of honesty, this is a word formed from the word honest. Also you will all like to be in a relationship with some one that his honest. The saying goes thus that “honesty is the best policy” this can become a reality not by proclamation but by action. To buttress this here is a short story.
In a particular place in California, there lives a professional driver whose name is Joshua Richard, he was blessed with a beautiful wife, whose name was Esther Richard. The property which he most cherishes is his old rickety Toyota Corolla which he uses for his taxi business in transporting passengers. Considering the nature of his works and is financial status, it seems for him to exhibit an act of dishonesty. In the sense that some careless passengers live there items in his vehicle, which there is every opportunity for him to convert such items for his own personal use. But Mr. Richard will return these items to the station and hand over the items to the officials there. What an act of honesty despite is poor financial status.
In making matters worse, his wife doesn’t give him any moral support on his attitude instead she referred to him as a fool, after her husband relates what he did to the item left in his vehicle. In support with the wife is also his good friend, Mr. Samuel Jefferson, a driver like himself who said there is nothing wrong with him keeping the goods left in his vehicle for his own personal use. You can now see this man is in a serious DILEMMA.
Readers let’s pause here, considering Mr. Richard’s present condition and attitude of people that suppose to support and encourage him. Put yourself in his shoes and imagine what your action will be.
Furthermore, we have seen his part of honesty, now we are going to consider how he became wealthy and popular as a result of honesty. This happened on a Saturday morning, when two rich businessmen MR. Emmanuel Johnson from England and his colleague DR. Cha Ming from China left a suitcase containing a huge sum of money which worth a million dollar in his vehicle. This money was to be used for the contract awarded to them by an American building company. Immediately MR Richard returned the suitcase to the park. In which it was announced on the media any one in search of a suitcase should come for it with full evidence, this include full identification of suitcase.
Moreover, on their effort in retrieving the suitcase they took two mobile policemen along to trace the driver. On getting to the station the saw the driver and their suitcase was handed over to them. MR. Richard was compensated with a sum of 100,000 USD, his photograph was taken and he was given an international preference. Later, he resigned from driving profession and runs his own company, rides an exotic car and resides in a magnificent mansion. From these we can see that HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY.

© Copyright 2007 samogtemog (temog at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270285-HONESTY-The-Best-Policy