*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272625-I-Saw-Satan
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Experience · #1272625
This is a really short story about the (first) night I saw the devil. (TRUE STORY)
                                                                                                                6-5-07



 





One night, I saw the devil, Satan, Lucifer himself. He and his fallen, corrupted angels hid themselves in the leaves of the bushes and trees around my home and waited for me to come outside.
  And when I went out my back door, I felt a creepy, unholy presence, and it was overpowering. And when I walked down the back steps and looked around me, I saw little green pairs of eyes staring at me. They were everywhere-in the bushes, in the trees, on the concrete, in the pine needles on the ground. But there was one set of eyes that was different than the rest. They were bigger, and set farther apart. Then I saw the head of Satan right in front of me, and my blood ran cold.
  I didn't know it at the time, but they were there for me.I thought they were there for my mother, who had already been saved. I thought they had come to torment her, and I had simply happened to see them. But, no! They were there for me!!! They knew, even though I didn't, that I would be saved in just a few short days.
  I stared into Satan's eyes, with confused thoughts swirling around in my head. I wanted to look away from those horrible green eyes, but I couldn't. It was as if he were hypnotizing me. I thought, "What the %#$@ is goin on here?!" as I felt his evil, repulsive gaze upon my face.
  Then, finally, I turned around, and as I walked away, with chills running up and down my spine and crawling over my scalp, and the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end, I told him in my mind (somehow, I knew he could hear me), "I don't know why you're here, but if you're here for Mom, you better leave her the %$#@ alone!!! She has God now! You don't have any business with her!!! You leave her alone!! You don't have her anymore, but you've still got me!!!! If you wanna mess with somebody, then you come mess with me, but you leave her alone!!!!"
 

But I shouldn't have told him that, because ever since that night, he has tormented me in countless different ways, especially after I was saved (on May 7th, 2006)-appearing in the flames of oil lamps (we didn't have electricity when this happened), feeling me up (he ran his hands up between my legs once-can you believe that?! The nerve!!!!), breaking the globe of an oil lamp I had in my room one night (for some reason, he really likes oil lamps-freakin idiot!), to cussing me out, to trying to possess me the night of my 18th birthday!!! (He really had a hold on me, too-I had to pray and repent, pray and repent, pray and repent, for at least 20 minutes before he let me go!!! Some birthday present, huh?)
  Even now, as I sit here typing this (it's about 9:54 pm, central time, June 5th, '07), I can smell a strong, sulfurous odor in the air. My grandma keeps sayin she has no idea what it could be, but I already know. I can't tell her, though-she doesn't believe in such things.
  The lesson that can be learned here is this-NEVER challenge the devil, because as cowardly as he is most of the time, if you tell him, "Bring it on!!!", he will accept that challenge!!!! So be careful!!!!!






"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour..." 1 Peter 5:8 (KJV)
© Copyright 2007 Bible Thumper (shayechristian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272625-I-Saw-Satan