*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272700-Rantings-of-an-Angry-Emilia
Rated: E · Monologue · Writing · #1272700
Warning: the following piece of writing contains complaints that are potentially boring.
Group projects and I simply don’t see face to face. Whenever such projects arise, two things always happen to me: 1) rejection and 2) exploitation. This story, as the title suggests, is an opportunity for me to complain. Therefore, those who detest reading such things can immediately put them aside – I won’t blame you if you do so. However, if you have decided to continue on out of curiosity or otherwise, let’s just say that you were warned beforehand of the potential boringness embedded within.

         The incident I’m telling occurred on March 10th, the day we started working on our Social Studies posters. The moment our teacher Mr. Carlson spoke of the assignment, everyone I knew that could be counted as an associate started to talk amongst themselves. For the umpteenth time, I was literally boiling with pent-up feelings of anger, all thanks to the aforementioned items.

         At that point one might say, “It’s no big deal; I’ll just look for someone else!” But try and place yourself in my viewpoint of things; imagine if this has happened to you as long as you could remember. No problem? Next, what if all your friends (I mean the ones with whom you talk to the most often) have paired or grouped up already and they can’t accept another? By some miracle, their groups have all reached the maximum and you’re the leftover person. In addition to that, anyone else that you are familiar with have grouped up too, leaving you with no choice but to join the group of ‘procrastinators’ as you refuse to work with miscreants.

         One might feel grateful upon finding acceptance into a group. This isn’t so in my case; it’s painful to be so pessimistic but things do get worse. I’m sure all of you have at least one experience in which you are working on a project in a group and someone doesn’t contribute his/her share of the job. Well, what if all of your group members are like that? It is absolutely agonizing, being the sole foundation upon which others rely. The sad part is that I can’t really do anything to ameliorate the situation – this was the last available group in the first place.

         My tale ends here. I hope I haven’t bored you by all that raving (was it really that dull, anyways?). Many thanks to those who had endured this literary torture. Please comment on my writing if you can – you can, in turn, criticize on it all you want as long as your arguments are rationale as well. To not be continued……
© Copyright 2007 Clandestine (ignesen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272700-Rantings-of-an-Angry-Emilia