*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274217-Youre-Sure-Then
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1274217
Perils of infidelity. "I'ma be down with just one girl." Let this be your anthem fellas.
“You’re sure then?”

"Yes.  I did a home test and my GYN confirmed its results just yesterday.  I am pregnant."

“You shouldn’t have that drink then.  Let me get you...“

“I’ll keep what I’ve got, Tom.  After all, drinking may bring about the end Ed's dreaming of.”

“Shannon!  Don’t be foolish.  Ed, tell her, you would never wish harm...”

“Well, that is what drew her to me, isn’t it Shan?  My disregard for consequences caused by misguided choices, let alone an overall disregard for life itself.”

“Don’t criticize me.”

“One good turn deserves another babe.  Drink up!  Shall I refill your glass?”

“Get serious Ed!  What’re we going to do?”

"We?"

“Are you still intimate with Jerry?”

“Not for a month now Tom.  And yes we!”

“He won’t suspect anything then.”

“What...what about you Ed?  Will you just walk away?  Never knowing your own flesh and blood?"

“You know the answer to that.  Neither Ellie nor I ever wanted children.  And if she found out about this ... well...”

“But, somehow I...I thought with the reality of it, you would feel...differently now.”

“You meant to trap me then.”

“You bastard!  You have to know I wouldn’t do that.”

“This is what I know Shan, I love Ellie, my wife, despite my actions.  And I’ll do anything to keep my marriage.”

"Then go to hell, Ed!  You are not the man I thought you were."

"Oh but I am Shan, if you had just kept your eyes open and your head out of the clouds.  All would be clear to you now."

"Ed!  Shannon, he doesn't mean this.  He'll cool down, come to grips with it and support you.  And nothing will keep him from this child.  His child."

"That's where you're wrong Erin.  I will make sure they never set eyes on one another."

"I'll champion that course as well and with us both working at it, how ever can we fail darling?"

"You sicken me!"

"Touche."
© Copyright 2007 GoForTheGold (jesusloves at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274217-Youre-Sure-Then