*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274311-Jamal
Rated: E · Chapter · Children's · #1274311
anohter pathetic starter 2 a.m. piece
CHAPTER ONE: The Baby Elephant



         Jamal first attempted to diet at age nine when he didn’t tell his parents about there being two frozen pizzas in the freezer instead of just the one he brought to them. This resulted in him being grounded for a crime categorized as ‘lying’, but what his esteemed parents didn’t know that his only crime was love and too much bullying about being the size of a baby elephant.
         You see Jamal could be bullied for many reasons and among those were him being black, fat and quiet (to put it bluntly). But as soon as Jamal met Maddie everything changed.
         Maddie was considered by all parents, teachers, and passing strangers to be the sweetest girl they’d ever met. She looked like a brown-haired angel with her dimples that appeared when she smiled and her bright green eyes that always looked filled with emotion- usually happiness. When people asked her what she wanted to do when she grew ups he was the kind of person who replied “I don’t want to grow up but if I have to I want to help people.”
         What these adults and poor, innocent Maddie didn’t know was that she might have gotten good grades in school and been an avid  reader who used her imagination to have adventures just like all parents want there nine year old girls to do, but on the inside she was growing up fast and soon not even she could predict what was coming, neither could Jamal.

© Copyright 2007 evelyn018 (cowzrule018 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274311-Jamal