*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274997-Picking-a-Foundation-for-Your-Type
Rated: E · Article · Women's · #1274997
You need to consider your skin type, and the color of your complexion for new foundation.
         There are so many brands and so many different types of foundation cosmetics, it's difficult to decide which one to select. By considering if your skin is oily, dry, combination, or "normal" you can narrow your choices. Foundation products are formulated for specific skin types because the ingredients are different for each. Prestige brands of cosmetics, available at specialty departments and boutique salons, offer the most options for type of skin, as well as an abundance of shade choices. There's usually a cosmetics lady to personally assist you in selecting the best foundation for you.

         Try a few foundation on skin that's clean of makeup. You should test several shades on either your upper neck or the hollow of your cheek. The back of you hand is a different color than your face. With several shades applied, step outside in the daylight with a mirror to judge which color becomes invisible. If you can't find an exact match with one color, you might want to purchase the nearest two to your complexion tones, and mix them. If two shades seem right, select the lighter one. Using a color of foundation cosmetics that melts invisibly to your skin is the most important detail in achieving a natural looking cosmetic enhancement.
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274997-Picking-a-Foundation-for-Your-Type