*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1275227-Using-Eyeliner-Cosmetics-for-Drama
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Women's · #1275227
Eyeliner adds drama and sophistication to your look.


         To add definition and a look of sophistication, eyeliner cosmetics are essential. After applying foundation and shadow on eyelids, try lining your upper lashes with a liquid liner, dark colored eye pencil, or eye crayon, very close to the upper lash line. You can use short strokes, and fill in the spaces in between lashes for a more stunning look.

         Lower lashes can be lined for super definition, and lining the outer halves really creates an intriguing look. Rather than using eyeliner every day, you might want to save it for evenings out, and special occasions because the look adds so much eye emphasis. Application of a tin and steady line becomes easier with experience, and requires a steady elbow, and steady hand. Plant your elbow on the vanity, or another stable surface, and draw a line with one sweep from inner eye across the lid for another means of application. Hold the eyelid taut without pulling it out of shape, or you'll end up with a distorted result.

         Eyeliner cosmetics add so much enhancement to eyes, that it's best to skip liner if your eyes look tired or have allergy symptoms. Tired eyes should also avoid pink shadows and colors with red undertones. Don't draw extra attention to your eyes unless they're in tiptop shape. Visine always brightens the whites of my eyes, and I often begin my eye makeup application with it.

         Practice makes perfect, so have fun experimenting with different eyeliner applications--from the smoky smudge of a cotton swab technique, to emphatic definition. Discover a variety of striking looks waiting to come forth from your eye pencil artistry.
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1275227-Using-Eyeliner-Cosmetics-for-Drama