*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1275230-When-to-Use-Hypoallergenic-Makeup
Rated: E · Article · Arts · #1275230
Using hypoallergenic makeup may save your skin somer serious breakouts.


         Many cosmetic products are now labeled with terms like hypoallergenic makeup and non-comedogenic (doesn't block pores). If you have skin that breaks out in white heads, black heads, and blotches of red, using hypoallergenic cosmetics may improve your skin. Almay's entire line of cosmetics is dermatologist tested and safe for sensitive skin. Irritating ingredients are left out of their cosmetic formulas, and have been for decades.

         As a teen who suffered from "tragic face”, I consulted a dermatologist for help. In the good old days, the doctor would give you a horrible smelling sulfur lotion, and light treatments. My doctor understood about teenage girls and the importance of wearing makeup, and he wrote me a prescription for Almay Cosmetics. You don't need a written prescription, but it was that important to me back then. I imagine some girls with frequent blemishes should know that hypoallergenic cosmetics can really cut down on break outs. Check the labels of your favorite brands to see if they are indeed hypoallergenic, because many brands now are. All these years later, I still use some Almay products, and I avoid cosmetics that have made my face develop problems. With a clean face, and the right kind of makeup, you can live through acne--and look pretty good in the process.

         If you're ever confronted with one annoying zit in the middle of your face, grab your dark brown eye pencil--and turn it in to a beauty spot! Sometimes subterfuge woks as well as camouflage. In addition, keep smiling.
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1275230-When-to-Use-Hypoallergenic-Makeup