*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/127638-FILM
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Entertainment · #127638
A short historical or non-historical account of a theater or non-theater.
This was to be another exciting Friday night at the newly-reopened One Twin Theater. Several weeks ago, Joseph Verity had been standing under a bright light when an idea popped into his head. The movie theater in Terraville had been closed for many years and the building had sat unused and decaying for all that time. Obviously, there was no way it could be economically feasible to operate the building as a movie theater at the present time.

So Mr. Verity had decided to reopen the theater for the purpose of not showing movies. He opened the theater only on Friday nights, advertising well ahead of time each week what movie he would not be showing.

Tonight it was to be Rio Bravo, an old John Wayne movie, so he expected a very good crowd. The patrons would begin arriving as much as an hour before the movie was scheduled to not begin, purchase their refreshments from the concession stand and take their seats.

At curtain time, Mr. Verity would take the stage to say a few words about the movie that would not be shown that night, then announce what movie he would not be showing the next Friday night. The crowds had been growing every week, as Mr. Verity continued to improve the quality of the movies he was not showing. He had begun to consider other possible business ventures, but for now felt he owed it to the community and himself to remain committed to the silver screen and the cultural enrichment of his community.
© Copyright 2001 Astrotex (danjmcdonald at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/127638-FILM