*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279219-On-chasing-dreams-and-realizing
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #1279219
We chase the dream but what are we chasing really?
We chase the dream but what are we chasing really? Aren't we confined in the structures of our own molded dream and it is somehow hard to accept not to realize that dream?
As our daily grind begins to unfold, we always find it hard to part our bodies with our beds. Oftentimes we wished we could just laze down the whole day, get up when we want to and perhaps just end the day in the four corners of our bedroom. But doing these may also mean reading nonsense and watching crap, and that's not really how to go about the day, does it? So we go out, we challenge the world, we make something worthwhile with our moments, Why? Because that is called living and that is what we are living for - moments.

Once I told myself that I needed to reconcile with something that I always wanted to find out. So there I went with all my confidence and bruised ego chasing that unknown only to realize that in the long run maybe it's not really worth the chase after all.

Sometimes I am losing my balance in lieu of all these things that revolves around me. Something is no longer fitting in. As I exist in the new milieu where I am bounded with all the lackluster flavor, I feel like I am slowly getting buried into something that I may not be able to get out of if i let it be. It is a confined suffocation. So I asked myself, why am I here? I can’t seem to fathom it for I cannot really find for now the answer to this quests of mine. Full many glorious years we have tried to follow a path that may lead us to become successful, but then what is success really?
Success to some is the position in the company or the number of figures in our paychecks.
But I say, success is doing what you love. But are we doing what we really love? Does the spacious office desks, fat paychecks, liquid assets, corner window offices and allocated parking spaces can be considered as part of what they call existential success?

Let me share this with you.

"To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. "


We live a life thinking we are far greater than the lot of them. But somehow in the eyes of a person who is really happy in what he/she is doing, even if it is as mundane as tilling the earth or watching the tomato crops grow, we are not the winners.
The irony of it all, indeed.
© Copyright 2007 Romulus Rueda (wormulus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279219-On-chasing-dreams-and-realizing