*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279495-My-first-game
Rated: E · Short Story · Hobby/Craft · #1279495
My first softball game.
I can feel the rythem of my heart rapidly progressing with every step I take. The inning counts on me in only my first game. My thoughts are racing at the track for the bed of roses to be placed upon me. I reach for the long silver bat, grabbing it from it's intangled spot on the duggout fence. I grab the helment on the wall, slidding it on my head, a blur of cheers around from the surrounding games. I roll my sholdiers and walk out of the duggout to the mound. This is it, my chance to have a spot on the team as a player and not the newbie. I place my bat on the mound, the thud echoing through my ears and position myself, one hand to the catcher to alert I wasn't quite yet ready. I bring my bat into position and take a deep breathe, everything becoming a stressful silent. The pitcher throws the ball and I step towards her and swing the bat with all my might. The bat contacting with the ball right at the stitches. The ball flew through the air with a loud crack past second. I dropped the bat and sprinted to the first base, seeing the center feilder nab the ball off the ground and throw to first. I increased my speed, and ran as fast I could, the play so tight you'ld never know, but the umpire said safe. I was safe! I actually did it.
© Copyright 2007 writes-a-lot777 (canon-shot777 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279495-My-first-game