*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279631-We-Declare-That
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Cultural · #1279631
A declaration written for a school assignment.
    There comes a time in every society when changes must be made. When the people have evolved to a point where what their parents and those before them believed is no longer immediately accepted, it is time for a declaration.
    So we, as the youth of society, are declaring a change. We are declaring our independence from our ancestors religions and ceremonies.
    We bring upon ourselves the right to maintain the god(s) of our heritage and the laws of these gods. Also, to maintain the basic beliefs with which we were raised, whatever they may be.
    However, with time comes the need for change. Our generation has not only the right, but the duty to bring about and enforce this change. The future is ours to create and embrace as we please.
    We declare our freedom to throw out and discard of the aspects of our parents religions which no longer fit into society. It is our right to combine the religions we were all taught because it is known to us that no one group of people is all knowing. However, we also understand many aspects of different religions and scattered beliefs make perfect sense.
    We are independent and it is our right to piece together many beliefs to create our own. We may individually design our own set of beliefs according to what makes sense in our own minds. We declare that we are independent from the structures that have caused the separation of many different religions. We are going to discard words like "Muslim", "Jew", and "Christian". Words that have separated the world for so long and caused so much inequality.
    We have the right to believe what we choose and let go of the chains that hold certain beliefs to each other. We can believe one thing without feeling obligated to believe something else.
    In short, this is our generations declaration that we are set free. Free of the beliefs that have oppressed us for so long. We are free to be independent.
© Copyright 2007 Silhouette (contradiction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279631-We-Declare-That