*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1280110-The-Golden-Wand-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1280110
A story of the struggle between good and evil. With Jasiah an up and coming wizard.
Chapter 1
Magical Relationships

A ten year old boy stood in his yard, leaning over a copper cauldron examining a bubbling crimson liquid.  His teacher, Wizard Mal, was also leaning over young Jasiah Morton IV’s potion.  The sun of a summer of 1454 F.D was setting.  “Well, young Jasiah your wellness solution is a complete success!”

The other apprentices groaned.  Jasiah’s magic projects were always a success.  Wizard Mal rounded to the school’s richest boy, Levo, he frowned at Levo’s frothing electric blue substance.  “Levo, your wellness solution however, greatly disappoints me.  Your father was a straight A student.  You could be a perfect student if you took a leaf out of Jasiah’s book.  If Jasiah’s brain was made of gold, he’d be three times richer than you.”
Levo’s steely green eyes glared angrily.  “You treat Jasiah like your own son” he sneered rudely.

“Detention Levo and I’m not his dad.  I’m his uncle.”  The other apprentices gasped in unison.  Levo was in huge trouble!  This is the school of Lorn City University for Young Wizards and Enchantresses.  The Head Wizard, Mal, was the one who lived here, raising Jasiah and his brother, Morko, after their parents’ magic spells went complete out of their control physically and magically.  The spells eventually killed them.

Later that night at the feast marking the end of late summer term, Jasiah couldn’t help staring wildly at his crush, May Laura Bell.

“ey, mate, checkin’ out May Laura Bell again?”

Jasiah jumped out of his seat.  He saw the speaker was his best friend Maximus Lorn, the Mayor’s son.  “Yeah, Max” he admitted sheepishly. 
“Why don’t you ask her out to the University Prom?” He asked thoughtfully.
“I can’t Max.  It’s too overwhelming.  I can’t think straight my heart races.  I can’t breathe.  I get stiff.  I can’t do it Max.”
“Jasiah, buddy, you got to…” began Max.
“I know what you’re thinking but I did try.  I fainted!  I get embarrassed whenever I think about it,” replied Jasiah timidly. 
“Jasiah, have you been able to zoom in on May Laura’s thoughts lately?”
“No, why?”
“May Laura has a crush on you too!  She loves you!  She’s been gossiping with the other enchantresses. Look.”  Max pulled out of his sack a scroll. It said:

May Laura Bell:  “Did you see the force of Jasiah’s wand when he cast that Strength Drop spell?  The wand was about to spit fire!  I knew that Jasiah was good, but that was unbelievable.  That Jasiah is both wise and strong. 

Rachel: (Shaking her gorgeous black hair) “No way! You should go for Levo!

May Laura Bell:  “And have Andrea the Annoyer for a sister in law?  Oh no!  Even so I don’t want a boy with more gold then sense! ---“


‘She’s got a point,” joked Jasiah quietly.  The two wizard companions snickered and continued reading…

“---and anyhow, Levo is soooo lame!  Jasiah is the boy I’d pick!”

Emily:  “I’d go for that kid of magic and muscle Maximus!”
May Laura Bell:  “Max is nice, but really, Jasiah the Dragon Slayer any day.”
“Dragon Slayer!” cried Jasiah.
“Boys are you learning what girls think?”  Wizard Mal was also reading the scroll.
“Sure Wiz”
“Please, you may call me Uncle Mal.”
“Uncle Mal,” corrected Jasiah quickly finishing his lie.
© Copyright 2007 Jasiah Morton (redkid7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1280110-The-Golden-Wand-Chapter-1