*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1280546-Sam-and-Pete
by IdaLin
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Comedy · #1280546
Sam and Pete meet in the morning before work. (Dialogue 500 entry)
“Morning, Sam.”

“Hey, Pete, how’s it hanging?”

“Not too bad, today. It’s kind of sore, though.”

“What have you been doing?”

“I was just playing in the pool. I think I rubbed it on the side and now it has a rash.”

“You haven’t been putting it into anything you shouldn’t have you?”

“No way, not anymore. Especially since that incident with the beehive.”

“Yeah, that was a bad one.”

I hope it gets better soon, I have a date with Susie tonight and I don’t want her to see it all red like this.”

“I heard grass could be good for that kind of thing. I can get you some.”

“I don’t really like grass. I prefer weed.”

“Suit yourself.”

“Have you seen Mary?”

“Nope, not since they dragged her out the other day. I heard ‘em say something about Ralph being upset or something by her. They said she had bad breeding or something, maybe she’s a mutant?”

“I thought she was looking pretty hot. Wonder where they took her? Maybe they moved her to another location.”

“I wouldn’t know about that. I’m going to do some poop-slinging today, I’m really in the mood for a good party.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. If I wasn’t so sore, I’d probably be shooting a lot of wet stuff with the girls today. It’s getting hotter and I feel frisky when it gets hot.”

‘Yeah. I’ll probably be swinging from the ceiling by the end of the day.”

“You’re always swinging from the ceiling. What would make today any different?”

“Ha ha. Normally I just jump around, ceiling swinging is special.”

“OK, whatever. Want me to grab you some extra peanuts, today? There should be extra, since it’s Saturday.”

“Yeah, I like peanuts. I’ll save up some bananas for you if you want.”

“Great. I’ll meet you back here at quitting time.”

“Don’t forget to say ‘Hi’ to Lucinda for me. She never would go out with me, she said I wasn’t even in her species, but I still think she’s great.”

“I will, and I never forget. I’ll see you after work. Oops, better get back quick. The gates are opening.”

“Okay, time to perform my monkey act.”

“It’s not an act when you are one…”

“I’m not a monkey. I’m a chimpanzee!”

“Oh, sure, whatever you say. Heh heh. See you tonight.”

“Have a fun day. I hope your trunk feels better. It’s not as much fun when you can’t spray the zoo people from the pool.”

"Yeah, it's a bummer. Later, Sam."

"See'ya, Pete."

Word Count: 425
© Copyright 2007 IdaLin (conniefs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1280546-Sam-and-Pete