*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282004-Absolute-Horror-Welcome-Letter
Rated: 18+ · Letter/Memo · Community · #1282004
Letter to say hi to new members of my group.
Greetings and salutations,

Welcome to the ABSOLUTE HORROR group. I hope that you will find it an enjoyable and useful experience. As with most things, the more you put into it the more you will get out.

The main reason for creating this group is that I’m lazy. I have to say that while I’ve been on this site, I’ve found some very good writers and some VERY good tall tales. However, with holding down a fulltime job and trying to fit in my writing to the small amount of free time I have, I find I’m missing reading some very good stories from this site – the main idea was to bring the mountain to Mohammad.

However, the upside is if you also read the stories posted on this site – in the request a review forum or the competition page – your writing may just become a little better. I have found it a great help to review stories and let the Author know how I feel about their story (I know that I love the insight as to what other writers, in the field, think about my work – I may not always agree with them, but I do respect them and their opinions). I hope that the suggestions I give are useful – in some ways, when I read a story I see what I would change and how I would write it (and that is always a good thing). The review then helps me as well as the Author. I don’t think there is anything worse than having a story posted that just isn’t getting rated and reviewed, or viewed as much as others. I do ask myself, at these times, what’s wrong with the story?

That is the reason I’m pushing for the members of the group to actively participate with the contest and hopefully, with the story of the week forum.

It would be fantastic if, every time, a story got read the reader would leave a message and a rating. Imagine how you would feel. I know I’m delighted with every review – even the less than positive ones. All feedback is good. Just let the writer know why you liked or disliked the story – they may even agree with you.

Therefore, I hope that you take part and have your say – I look forward to all you have to say on my stories and other works, as I hope you and other writers will do.

Your Host.

PENNYWISE,

Come join me – We ALL float down here.
© Copyright 2007 Pennywise (pennywise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282004-Absolute-Horror-Welcome-Letter