*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1283613-The-end-of-the-tunnel
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Drama · #1283613
The conflict of a girl who thinks she was too sheltered in her childhood.
Danni:  How can I see the light at the end of the tunnel when the tunnel is collapsing on me?  People tell me to be strong, to have faith...but I lost my faith a long time ago.  I lost my faith with my innocence and unknowing.  Now all I have is darkness, sweet darkness caressing my every curve.  I'm running, but from what?  From life itself?  Why am I here?  Because I attempted suicide if you want to get technical.  But I think it's because I'm not who my parents want me to be.  I'm not their perfect daughter anymore, and they don't like that idea.  First hard-core drinking, then attempted suicide, they think, "What happened to our poor little girl?"  I'll tell you what happened.  I grew up.  My parents sheltered me too much in my childhood and when I got into the world I just...collapsed.  I entered that tunnel and I can't get out.  It's suffocating me, drowning me.  Really.  How can I see the light at the end of the tunnel when the tunnel is collapsing on me?
© Copyright 2007 Tearfire (amiliyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1283613-The-end-of-the-tunnel