*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1284539-Super-Bowl-XL-Review
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Sports · #1284539
A short review of Super Bowl XL from the eyes of a Seahawks fan, calls and mistakes.
          Here are some of the things that a friend of mine, who is a huge Steelers fan, and I noticed in Super Bowl XL.
     
(These are all things that my friend and I both agreed on).

#1: Stevens didn't have his best game.
      The 6 foot 7 inch tall Tight End couldn't hold on to what was thrown at him.  Usually one of the most reliable of the Seahawks, he had many crucial dropped passes.  His TD catch was a well run route, but it didn't push his overall performance into the positives.

#2: Willie Parker made a better Super Bowl MVP.
    His record breaking 75 yard TD run early in the third quarter was a huge momentum changer.  He also finished the game with 93 yards rushing on 10 attempts.  An average of 9.3 yards per rush, against one of the NFL's best rush defenses.  With this outcome I would choose him as my Super Bowl MVP. 
              Ok. Here is the section that my Steeler friend and I compiled of all of the things that went wrong in this game.  (allot of the people that I know are Steeler fans, and wanted the Steelers to win, but actually wanted to watch a fair game, in which I agree).

Bad call #1: Ben Roethlisberger's "TD" run.
    Yeah umm, HELLO?!?!  The ball clearly doesn’t break the plain of the goal line, and Big Ben moves it up after he's clearly down like a little kid trying to steal a lollypop from a store.  It was so obvious, and so many Steelers fans told me that they watched the replay and were sad because they knew it was going to be called back because it didn't cross.  But when it wasn't they simply thought "well ok we'll take it".
Bad call #2: Darrel Jackson’s "pass interference"
  Not only does DJ pivot off of his left leg and his arms kind of flail from the sudden movement instead of pushing off, but when you look it, the Steeler player doesn’t even move.  When you look at his arms it kind of looks like pushing off, but when you look down, he moves off of his leg and therefore didn't effect the defensive play of the Steeler.  Bad call, bad call.
Bad call #3: Matt Hasselbeck’s penalty.
  I think this one made my friend and I the most angry of all of the officiating.  During the play QB Matt Hasselbeck threw a horrible pass that was intercepted by Ike Taylor.  Ok this is the bad part.  While Taylor was making a beautiful 24 yard return, Matt Hasselbeck makes a TD saving tackle on him, ending the play.  But Hasselbeck is flagged for as the referee said "an illegal chop block".  I don't know if he noticed it but, HE WAS TACKLING HIM.  IKE TAYLOR HAD THE BALL AND HASSELBECK TACKLED HIM.  The flag pushed Pittsburgh a whole 15 yards closer to the end zone, making the TD on the drive for the Steelers so easy and undeserved.  So do you get he picture?  It wasn't a block at all!  IT was a tackle!  How could the ref's miss that and how come nobody's talking about it?.  I don't even know.
Bad call #4: A Stevens fumble.
  On a third down during the 2nd quarter, Jeremy Stevens dropped a perfect pass from Matt Hasselbeck.  The ref's ruled it an in-complete pass.  But when you look at the replay, you can easily see that Stevens has the ball and fumbles it.  He had it cradled under himself.  should have been a fumble.
   
    So pretty much I think that the Seahawks should have won, there were to many bad calls against them and they lead in almost every category.  The only person in the media who has acknowledged these bad calls was Steve Young last night during half time.  He said quote "Darrel Jackson did get a touchdown and Roethilsberger didn't get one".
               
© Copyright 2007 Mason Santos (levi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1284539-Super-Bowl-XL-Review