*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1284645-The-Darkest-Twilight
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1284645
Ameria is forced into a world of magic.
Ameria -The Light Goddess,
strong willed 18 years old who sets out to save her world from
evil forces
Kashema-The Dislin: Magical
creature out to help Ameria
Tye-Warlock: Ex Dark Night is confused about
whether or not he's good or evil
The Dark Prince -The Dark Lords son
a spitting image of his father,
is in love with Ameria
Prince Alcroft -also in love with Ameria
helps her defeat the lord
hates Tye
King-nice
foolish
wandering eye
The dark lord- evil twin brother bent on taking over Utica because of a folly many years ago
: in love with Galina
Galina-Ameria’s mom raving beauty
Lords ex lover
Ilea-lords wife
Kari-Ameria’s sister
Delania - Ameria’s sister
Si-Kari’s son





1
Would you like to dance "Asked the attractive blonde boy, The Prince.
Ameria studied him for a moment, he certainly was handsome enough but dancing
with him might give her mother the wrong idea .Her mother was obsessed with finding her a husband .Recently she had given up thoughts of her youngest daughter marrying.
Not that Ameria couldn't marry .Any man in Utica would die to marry her but she didn't want to .Her heart had been broken not to long ago, and wasn't looking for more pain. But who was she to refuse the Prince.
"Of course “She replied much too sweetly.
He led her out to the dance floor.
"Have you ever been to a Twilight Ball’ He asked.
Ameria was highly uncomfortable under the princes stare but she still smiled and replied "About 5”
He looked puzzled’ Why haven't I ever seen you?" He pulled her across the room gracefully.
"I was a child .A girl at that. I wouldn't have been introduced to you"
She didn't want to say the truth .
She didn't want to say that although her family had been better off than most, she wasn't rich enough to meet the Prince.
''I must have noticed your beauty though’ He grinned
She blushed.”Oh, as I pointed out we were just children you mightn't have noticed"
He smiled.
"Nonsense, I’ve always been looking out for lovely ladies such as your self”
Ameria couldn't look at him .Her gaze wandered around the extravagant ball room noticing that most people were looking at her and The Prince. She blushed even more.
A great bell rang, TING TONG TING.
The Prince smiled mischievously
"Ah, the bells, it's time for the Twilight .Have you ever seen the Twilight from the palace?"
Ameria shook her head no.
"Then you’re in for a treat especially this particular year “
He stated "Come you may sit in my box with the royalty today."
She was flabbergasted.’ I simply couldn’t...it...it wouldn't be proper .And furthermore..."
"Shush "He put his finger to her lips "You’re as beautiful and polite as the king himself, if anyone belongs there you do. Besides you have no choice I command you”
More blushing .Oh I do believe I like him very much, she was thinking.
"Why do you blush so much? I’ve never seen such red cheeks. Do I embarrass you?”He questioned as they walked up to the kings viewing box, passing lovely adorned hallways.
She smiled for real this time "To be honest I’m not used to such praise from a ...well a Prince .Its all too flattering and I do not deserve it .
I may have a bit of money but my family isn't so productive that a Prince such as your self would ask me to dance much less call me beautiful .I am a bit embarrassed at your attentions."She said honestly, her green eyes searching his blue ones. Her black lace dress ruffled as she stepped into the veranda to view the Twilight sky.
He looked at her then let out such a great laugh that everyone turned to look at them .One of them being Ameria’s mother.
"Why wouldn't I ask you to dance or call you beautiful? I like to dance but I love to dance
with a beautiful woman. No need for this embarrassment, rejoice for you have caught my eye
to where I’ve neglected my other guests to the point of being rude.”He answered. She was all smiles.
"What did you mean that I was in for a treat?"She inquired
He smiled, almost evilly, “You’ll see"
And goodness did she.


2~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mostly at Twilight, the sky turns blazing red then black then a spirit flows through the sky .Its
Indescribable .But this year the sky turned pink then red and black. America gasped as the spirit dived towards her. She fainted promptly.
“Ah, me baby “Yelled her mother.
The prince attempted to wake her .When she came to her eyes were black and she yelled in a voice not her own “The end is and a great warrior shall come forth
and save these lands .The dark lord has returned” She fell to her knees and begin crying .By this time her mother had pushed through the crowds “Me baby, What done happened to her?” The woman’s red hair flew about.
The king said “The sprit has come to warn us that evil is upon us “
He looked at Ameria’s wet face “He used your daughter to do it Galina”
“Ye know me name?” Ameria’s mother sputtered
The king shrugged.
"What gonna happen yer majesty “
The woman asked cradling her Childs head .She watched as her other married daughters approached.
"Ameria!"Said the eldest “Are you alright?"
"Aye as much as can be expected"
"What’s gonna happen yer majesty!"Asked Galina impatiently
"Were going to find that warrior"Anounced Ameria with a new look in her eye .She turned to the crowd ,the entire kingdom “Is any one out there gallant enough to save these lands from eternal darkness? The spirit said one but we need many!”
3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A week after the twilight Ameria was looking through her closet for an outfit to wear to the palace .Even though she was more serious about life now she was still a stylish girl .In Ameria’s country you could show off as much skin as you wanted if you were unmarried .
Ameria’s friends sought after her for fashion advice often.
Galina watched her child struggle through her clothes,
Unsatisfied with all the choices.
Everyone in the kingdom thought that her daughter was the legendary Light Goddess and Galina couldn’t disagree.
She attempted to speak properly to her daughter but failed, she was from north Utica and her accent was strong.
“I were...I mean was very surprised when da...The Prince asked us to dinner.”
She bellowed “He seems quite taken with ya “Ameria turned to look at her mother .Lady Galina wore lovely long black gown and could pass as Ameria’s elder sister. Her lively red hair was up as custom for widows.
“And “ continued Galina “yer sissies were sorter jealous don’t cha think .I mean all they got was merchants but soon yer have a prince .Fancy that the daughter lest likely to marry done caught the attention of er prince” .Galina chuckled .
“Mother!”Ameria glared at her “Tis hardly the time to go husband searching you know as well as I that the prince wants to speak about that incident .Have thought of your country, you embarrass me!” Ameria turned to hide the growing redness of her cheeks and saw the top she’d been looking for .
Galina chuckled again “Tsk Tsk, is never the wrong time ta go lookin for a prince ter marry, me child “
Meanwhile
The Prince Alcroft looked in the mirror, satisfied with his appearance.
“What do you mean the dark lord was your identical brother?”
He yelled in his fathers direction .The news that he was related to The Dark People was upsetting to him the day he was going to speak with Ameria.
“I didn’t think it was important once he was defeated perhaps I was wrong “The king replied.
“Perhaps “Alcroft grumbled.
“I notice you like the beautiful Light Goddess, Ameria, very much. When this blows over she will be your wife “The king said.
“She isn’t the Light Goddess Father; the sprit just liked her form.”Alcroft said “Plus this might not blow over, who is this great warrior?”
The king gaped at his son “Haven’t you realized? It’s Ameria obviously .
Tonight I shall inform her she will start learning to fight and the ways of battle once we find where my brother is she ,Accompanied by a great male warrior ,will attack and kill him.”
The prince looked at his father “It would make sense ,She looks like how
The goddess is described , flaming red hair and eyes of jade…,I suppose ,but will she be willing to learn ?”
“That remains to be seen my son but we will find out soon enough “
The dinner
“This food is delicious!” Kari exclaimed
Ameria gasped at her sister’s unladylike behavior in front of the royalty “Kari you have eaten today you don’t have to attack that suckled pig like a beggar on the street “
Kari looked ashamed and glanced at the prince who was laughing .Then she wiped her hands on a cloth, sat up straight, and ate like a lady.”I’m eatin’ fa two ya know sis “She patted her belly fondly “Ya niece or nephew is hungry to “
“Speak like the lady you are Kari.” She flashed a look at her mother who thought it funny and laughed.
“Ya’d think you was olda then me the way ya embarrassin ‘me in front of tha King and Prince “Kari said with venom “Leave me be Ameria!”
Ameria opened her mouth to reply but the Prince intervened
“Ladies stop bickering “
Alcroft shot a look at his father “Its time to tell her “
The king sighed “Aye it is “He looked at Ameria “You are the Light Goddess we hired an old witch to come and see for sure next week .Once we are sure you will begin training in battle .I’d like to say you have a choice but you don’t. “
Everyone silently looked at Ameria .Kari’s mouth was gaped open and pig fell out. Ameria didn’t know what to say .She swallowed hard “I accept this for Utica .I think I always knew I was different.”
The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.
To lighten up the mood Galina said “Won’t chu an the Prince walkabout in the garden?”
Ameria had no choice for as soon as it was mentioned The Prince ushered her to the back door.
Meanwhile at The Dark Palace
4~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ilea tapped her husbands shoulder “My lord the spy says The Goddess has been found and its…”Ilea took a breath “Its Galina’s daughter”
The lord stood and swore under his breath “I knew that woman would be the death of me “
Ilea sighed .She was just a farmers daughter when the lord had swept her off her dainty feet .They ran away and she loved him so much she didn’t mind that he was evil .She begot him a son .She didn’t mind that he was in love with a woman that never gave him any thought .
He loved her but he was in love with Galina.
Galina had been his lover during her betrothal to another man. Galina promised to runaway with him on the wedding day but decided to get married instead. She broke the lord’s heart.
“We must start with the plan immediately wife, call Aldor here we leave for the wizard cave in the morning “He told her.
“Yes milord “She turned but not soon enough to miss her husband’s tears at the memory of Galina. It outraged her that some wrench could provoke so much emotion from him.”If I ever get the chance I will make that twit pay “She vowed as she traveled to her son’s chamber
Three days later at the palace of Utica
“Me child lives in a palace now! Me baby is gonna save the world” Sang Galina.
Ameria sighed she was used to her mothers bad grammar but it had become ridiculous she couldn’t take it any more.
“Mother tomorrow you are going to ask the king if you could take
lessons in grammar and speech. If you say ‘is gonna ‘one more time I will cut out your tongue and feed it to the dogs!”
Galina gasped .Kari chuckled. Ameria and her other sister Delania never lived in North Utica and spoke proper. Kari and her mother spoke terribly.
“Aye we live in a palace now we cant speak like street urchins .And we don’t want me babe to speak so bad do we now?”Kari reasoned.”Now lets get dressed for dinner, Ameria has had a long day of learnin an fightin she’s hungry an so am I”
Ameria thought about the past two weeks, after they just announced to her that she was The Light Goddess. She was officially proclaimed Ameria Averie Dio Syt Goddess Of Light after meeting an old witch .Then begin her studies. Then her lessons in fighting .Then trying to come up with something to say to Alcroft .And there was that thing about finding where a maniacal evil lived before he ruined her life as she knew it ,but you know no sweat .
She was a Syt ,she told herself ,I can handle anything .She tied her bodice and looked satisfied.
Upon entering the dining hall she stopped and looked at the table. Her mother sat next to the king speaking loud and improper. Her mother was so beautiful .She touched her own fiery red hair as she watched her mothers .Her sisters hair was black like her fathers but she had her mothers eyes .Ameria had her fathers eyes .Her sister sat across from Alcroft .She thought of Delania .She was pregnant but her husband demanded she not stay in the palace .Kari’s husband was across the sea on business during his wife’s pregnancy.
She finally entered the dining room.
“Hello everyone “She greeted.
The prince looked at her and she felt warm.
”I wondered why you took so long now I know .You look lovely.” He complemented .With a nod of her head she accepted.
“Ahh, venison stew .I love your cooks food” She Said happily
For some reason they ate in silence .Upon finishing her meal she told the prince she needed to talk to him .Minutes later he came up with one excuse or another and excused them.
They retreated to the garden.
“We must hurry The Spirit came to me in my dream he said an impending doom is coming. “ She gushed
He looked thoughtful “Hmmm”
She was outraged “A wretched spirit comes to me and all you say is hmmm? What the ell is wrong with you?”
He laughed
“Relax the great celebration is coming and people from all sections of Utica are coming
It shall be in your honor this year.”
Suddenly Ameria fainted.
When she awakened she saw a very pregnant Kari and her mother .The prince was asleep on a chair by the window .The way the light hits his hair….she shook off the thought.
“My Meri! She is not dead!”Yelled her mother waking the prince.
Ameria rolled her eyes “You’re loud ma “
She looked towards the prince.
“What’s wrong?” he asked.
“I was tired” She lied .She wasn’t tired she was stressed. All the things expected of her wore her out.
She knew what she was going to do: Run away.

to be continued
© Copyright 2007 lovledevine (timeless1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1284645-The-Darkest-Twilight