*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285743-Will-You-Miss-Me
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Gothic · #1285743
This was my first short story ever, written when I was 12.
Will you miss me? Of course not. No one will, but why should they? I’m just another sad face. Another sob story. Another teen with no hopes, no dreams, and definately no future.

You can’t see me, but I can see you. Right now. With him. His arm wrapped around your waist. Your lips pressed against his. To think, I once thought that you loved me. How I was ever so stupid I can't imagine.

But, that’s all just in my mind. A fabrication of my imagination coming back just to taunt me. To torture me and watch me suffer. Its amazing how much your own mind can be against you.

I remember it all so well. Did you think I could possibly forget? I wish I could, but I haven’t, and never will. Do you seriously think I could forget something like that? Forget how you played me? How you used me? How you cheated? Never.

You were all that I had left. The only person who was ever there for me, the only person who ever wanted me around. And now I don’t even have you. I have nothing. Pathetic, isn't it?

A strong breeze blows, almost forcing me from my perch. A few cars drift by. Do they see me? Maybe. Would they care if they did see me? Probably not.

So why can’t I just do this? Everyone will be better off when I’m gone, right? Nobody cares, do they? I thought my mind was already made up about this... I guess not. But I don’t want to turn back now. I can’t stay here. Not anymore. There’s nothing left for me in this world. I won’t ever be loved I again, I know it.

I can do this. I know it. It’s so easy. All I have to do is jump, and it will all be over. It seemed so simple before.I just wish it was that simple now.

But, I'm able to do it. It may have only been seconds, but it seemed like forever. I see everything fly before my eyes as I plummet to the earth. It's an extraordinary feeling to be falling like that. And for the first time since I last saw your face, I'm happy. Truly happy. Maybe I am insane, maybe I should have been locked up in a padded room years ago. But those last wonderful moments, right before the impact, were the best I had ever had.
© Copyright 2007 Morbid Macabre (morbidmacabre at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285743-Will-You-Miss-Me