*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286590-Friendship
by Draggy
Rated: E · Essay · Friendship · #1286590
Friends are everything, and no amount of words will ever even scratch the surface.
         One word with a million meanings but is it just a word or is it more?  Most say they have friends or are friends of another, but what does that imply?  Is it trust, loyalty, faith, understanding? What makes a friend a friend?  Is it love?  We like all of our friends but do we love them?  If you think about it, when you hurt, you don’t run to the ones you say you love.  You run to friends.  They’re the ones that help you, heal you.  You must have love to have friendship.  Friendship calls you to put your heart in another’s hands, and hold theirs in yours, as well, but you must be careful, for if you grasp it too tightly, the heart breaks, yet grasp it too lightly and it slips away.  You can make or break them, you hold their heart, you hold them.  Ever wonder why their words hurt so much more then anyone else’s?  Other people speak to your ears, but friends speak to your heart and no matter what you tell yourself you can’t change that, nor do you want to.  Yeah, it hurts but you’d give it all away just to be with them.  As friends we hold each other, their hearts, their lives, everything.  So next time you look at someone you call a friend remember you’re holding their heart, so don’t break it and don’t let it fall, because if you’re a real friend then you’ll feel it pumping between your fingers, hear it beating in your mind, so hold it close and let them hold yours and you’ll always feel that special love, that only friends can have.
© Copyright 2007 Draggy (burnedinwater at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286590-Friendship