*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286616-Jungle-Fever
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #1286616
A fable that teaches not to procrastinate.
Once in a jungle not so far from your own, lived a young spider monkey named Monica. Monica loved to party, I guess that's where the term "party animal" comes from. Monica does NOT like school in the least bit. She does her best to stay awake during Mr.Church, the chimpanzee's, class. Our story begins in the tree tops of Banana Bunch Middle School, somewhere around lunchtime

Monica was enjoying a banana along with some good gossip. Acting rather nonchalant about everything. Monica tells her friends about a party she wants to go to that night."This is going to be the biggest party of the year!",said Monica.

"No, it's not. You're lyin'!",said Tonya, the tiger.

"What eva' Tonya you're just mad cause you weren't invited!", Monica said, as she got up to throw her banana peel away. On her way back who should stop her, but Mr.Church himself. Monica looks at him and in a sacastic tone asks, "Can I help you?!"

Mr.Church without blinking replies, " How can you help me when you can't even help yourself?"

" I help myself just fine, thanks!!", Monica said, quickly defending herself.

"Then why are your grades slipping?", he asked in an almost caring way. "Monica, we are taking a test tomorrow that will count 80% of your grade. If you do well you will pass the 8th grade."

Monica said she would study and returned to her friends. At 3:20pm the bell rang. Monica swung from tree to tree like there was no tomorrow. When she arrived at her home, in Shady Tree Grove, she ran straight to her room and began to get ready for the BIG party. She was just about ready when her Mom burst through her door."Don't forget to study Monica!", she said.

"Mom, chill I will after the party", said Monica. As her mom walked out she added,
" And would it kill you to knock every once in a while?!" With all of that said, she caught the next vine out.
                 
Swinging tree vine after tree vine, Monica finaly made it to her friend Tilly Tucan's house. Wouldn't you believe the first thing out of Tilly's mouth was, " Hey!  Ain't you supposed to be study'n?"

"Uh duh, party first study later!!", came the oh so intellgent reply from Monica. So, together they went,off through a waterfall of magnifecent green.
                   
Finaly arriving at the party, Monica was the talk of the town. Monica is very popular with everyone. She was sure to turn heads,'cause she was dressed to kill at what was said to be the best party of the year.She is always well dressed in the latest fashions. She was primped out from her head all the way to the diamond studded bow at the end of her long curly tail.
                   
When 10:00pm rolled around, Monica was on the dance floor with all of her friends. Around 11:00 evryone but Monica and Tilly was tired.They became bored and left one tree party for another. All night and morning till somewhere around 4:00pm they hit one party after another. Tilly told her mom she was staying at Monica's, so together they headed home.
                     
Monica and Tilly tried to sneak in, but it was no use Mrs.Spidermonkey was up waiting for them. "Where have you been? Do you know what time it is? Hello Tilly! How are you? Didn't you have to study for something?" After spitting out one question after another, Mrs. Spidermonkey finaly ran out of steam. Monica and Tilly answered all of her questions and went to bed.
                     
The next morning in math class, Monica was trying her best to study for the test. As Mr.Church passed out the test he anounced, "Put away everthing but a pencil!". 

Monica cluelessly started her test. In a few minutes she was done with her test and turned it in. She returned to her desk and sat there thinking to herself, "I shoud have studied!"

After class, Mr.Church asked to talk to Monica."I graded your test first.You didn't study last night did you?", he asked.

"Well, no I went to a party and I didn't get home till late. I didn't have time",said Monica

Mr.Church said "You got a 68 on your test. You have the choice to retake it.Who knows, if you study and don't procrastinate you might pass."
© Copyright 2007 charlie101 (charlie101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286616-Jungle-Fever