*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286618-Kandrinar
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ceuvin
Rated: E · Preface · Fantasy · #1286618
In the beginning...
Ahmen created the world. From His eyes, he formed the great sun to shine and reign upon all that it touched – as vital as a burning soul. From His body, sprang the very earth, as solid and broad as the strength of God, but lush and forgiving in grace. From His mouth poured forth the waters which flowed and spoke His wisdom and constantly caressed His name into the land. And from His mind rushed out the winds – all knowledge and purpose so that those who would breathe it in would have filled lungs with Ahmen. And at the heart of all this, at the core of every wonder Ahmen could make would dwell Love.
         Thus was His gift made. But not His only gift. For on this world did He place Kandrin. And for the Kandrin did He bestow the Soul – the Saluca. And out of the Saluca was forged a holy power, Delsurash, and it combined all parts of Ahmen, all parts of His eyes, His body, His mouth, and His mind so that to wield Delsurash was to wield Ahmen Himself. Delsurash would be everywhere at once to heal, to nurture, and to protect Kandrin.
         To the Kandrin, Ahmen gave two younger brothers and two younger sisters. The brothers were Faerdrin and Teredrin; they would encompass the might of ca, the fire, and asht, the earth. The sisters were Chelestrin and Unedrin; they would hold sway over di, the winds, and ash, the waves. Still more, to them all He gave the smallest child; a child so innocent and fair so as to be called Nevedrin, lord of nothing, but peaceful and lovely in itself. These six people He meant to cultivate this world, create their own worlds within worlds – to love and spread and render Delsurash, the most precious demonstration of Ahmen’s power.
         All this was given out of Love for His creations. But one thing that Ahmen did not give out of Love, one thing He had to give out of Necessity, was Dahmen - the un-embodied confluence of Jealousy, Pain, Anger, Greed, Grief, Lust, Hatred, and Indifference. It was a force as strong as Him and it could not be held back from the Kandrinar. They must know it as they knew Ahmen’s Love and its decent counterparts.
© Copyright 2007 Ceuvin (avigon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286618-Kandrinar