*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286662-WE-PLUS-HER-A-Collaborative-Effort
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #1286662
The nightmare of my writing experience. The reason I can't be a serious author. Insanity!
                                                  WE PLUS HER
                                              A Collaborative Effort



(Me)
So many voices.  How to get them all heard?

I love writing.  Just did a much better job of it when I didn’t have all these voices, with varying opinions, demanding to be heard.  A desire only attainable through me.  But the voices, coming all at once, interfere with what I desire to accomplish.  To write.

(The voices)
Not all the time, one interjects.

(Me)
It’s rather uncanny, and used to be disturbing, how I’d get confused sometimes.  Thinking, that “sounded” like me.  Mirrored my way of thinking, you see, but not the sound of my thought-voice.  So, I knew it wasn’t me.  My thought-voice has a sound distinctive from each of theirs.  Can you grasp, at all, what I’m trying to convey?  I know that’s hard.  It’s even harder to try to write it.  The explanation.  It, no doubt, sounds as though I am rambling on and on.  But, I’m not.  I’m just trying to clearly present the problem.

They think I’m doing a poor job of it.  They’re interjecting.  All at once.  They mean well.  They want this to work so they can be heard, too...

(The voices)
It’s just, see, we know how to come together with one voice without her, but not with her.  We respect her; but, she’s a bit of a problem.  Of course, you’re thinking, we are the interlopers.  But, we really didn’t ask to come here, just as she believes she didn’t invite us.  And we will not point fingers.  We’ll just say that all of us, probably, had a part in ushering us (the voices) into being.

The trick is to find a happy medium.  Literally.  Simple enough.

We propose that medium be “We.”  Which, not purposefully, is us, the interlopers, a term which makes who We refers to clear.  "Her", the host if you will,  part is, foremost, to sustain our lives (We and Her).  We can’t be without Her.  Call Her our god if you wish.

(Me)
Not! 

(The voices)
Ok, anyway.  See, she sustains us.  Yet, at times, she requires encouragement.  So we become cheerleaders.

Now, she loves writing.  Great!  But, we can’t be silent like Her.  And our interjections bother Her.  Thus, the mental process of writing, organizing Her vast store of knowledge into coherent works, falls to us.  We.  Feeding on Her acquired knowledge and all our creative juices, We Plus Her produce coherent works. 

(Me)
Manuscripts.

(The voices)
Ah, there she is again.  Hi!  When we fail to extract the most suitable term or “bit” from Her vast store of knowledge, she’s there in a pinch.  A calm interjection does not throw us into a frenzy.  But, our individual interjections, coming all at once, understandably, makes Her mad.  And it would you, as well.  Oh yes.

So, recapping; our stumbled-upon solution, she (Her) acquires, stores, updates, and manages the vast store of knowledge, which includes our (We) collective creative ideas, and she records the manuscripts.  We compile the necessary information into coherent, creative, interesting, etc., (hopefully-cross Her fingers) entertaining manuscripts. 

I mean, it’s really a tearjerker beautiful arrangement.  Don't you agree?

(Me)
I think I'm insane.
© Copyright 2007 GoForTheGold (jesusloves at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286662-WE-PLUS-HER-A-Collaborative-Effort