*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1287985-The-Library
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1287985
The love of the library grows in the heart of a child.
The Library


The two boys stood side by side, their brown eyes wide with delight as they gazed upon the stacks of books in front of them on the small wooden table. Neither moved, as if afraid it would all disappear if they did.

"Are you gonna check it out?" Adam, the younger boy whispered.

Sam's eyes moved from the book on the top of the pile, down to the blue one on in the middle. He loved blue, anything he could get his hands on; bluebirds, cars, bicycles, the sky, blueberries and even books.

Sam nodded finally and took a step forward, his eyes glued to the binding of that blue book, a book he had never read, a book he knew would take him to a place he'd never been before. This was their Saturday ritual, and he loved getting a new story book and reading it to Adam.

His hands touched the cool cover, and he pulled it out of the pile smiling. He pulled his blue library card out of his pocket and took it to the counter, eager to get home and start reading. Once they left the library, his hands clung to the book, his eyes smiling at the red, white and black hat the silly looking animated character wore.

The boys rushed into the house and to their bedroom, turning the lights off, closing the curtains, and pulling the blanket off the bed. One corner was tied to the bed post, another tucked into the dresser. Adam grabbed the flashlight and sat down, his brother beside him smiling.

Adam turned the flashlight on, shining it down on the first page where two children sat in a house.

Sam began to read, his voice low. "The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play..."

Word count: 299
© Copyright 2007 Purple is House Florent (purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1287985-The-Library