*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1288515-Life
by dave
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #1288515
My thoughts on life
                  When I was little I thought about going to heaven, and wondered what it would be like. But as I got older I began to wonder if there even was a heaven. If there was no heaven then when you die your just...gone, and you don’t even know it because there is no you. You are gone, you don’t exist. And to know that would be my fate, as well as everyone else, it scared me. I lived to die.
          I used to fear death. I know people say your spirit lives on because the living still remember you, but in thousands of years from now people won’t know who I am. I am gone. My life was like it never existed, yet I don’t know and don’t care because there is no I or me or you anymore. We lived our life already.
          Then why  do we live? Is life a curse, no life is a blessing. Even though we only for a little while at least we got to live. At least we could experience many great things. Some experiences will be scary and sad, but at least we can still feel the rain run down our cheeks, the wind whip our hair, the warmth of a hearth fire, the rays of the sun dance across our skin, and the soft fur of a kitten. If we only live for a little before we go then live life as best it can be lived. There are no second choices. Do what you want to do because you may never get to do it again. Live in the moment, because if you always think ahead then life will pass you by. Don’t waste your time with pointless things. Time is precious, because every minute of it you are living, and living is precious. We don’t live to die. We live to live.
          I used to wish that I would never die, but that’s selfish. Death may be scary because no body knows what happens to you after you die, but life is a gift. We must share that gift with other people/ creatures. In order to share that gift we must die, so that others can live. It is the circle of life.
          At least before I go I will want to make a difference. Leave something behind so that I’ll “live on”. A difference could be having a child. One person in thousands of years from now would have helped bring about millions perhaps billions of other people.
         So when I die I know that it’ll be ok, because I lived my life. I made a difference. I am happy, and ready to share the gift of life with others.
© Copyright 2007 dave (davidk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1288515-Life