*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1289259-Grans--Accident
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Comedy · #1289259
A little note to Gran about the accident. Oh Dear!
Hello Darling Gran,  This is just a very short note to fill in a bit of time, because I have nothing better to do.

Doctor Martin has explained to us all about, 'phantom pain.'  He wanted us to be aware of the fact that sometimes you can feel pain in your legs, even though you haven't got any. So I was just wondering how the space is where your legs used to be? 

You know, Aunty Jean still blames me for your accident.  I get so upset about it, truly I do, because it wasn't my fault that you got run over.

I think about the accident rarely, but when I do,  I still don't understand why you were out in the driveway on that particular night?  Everything was ok when the bus picked all of us young Mums up to go to cousin Michelle's hen party, wasn't it?
You seemed quite happy ( in spite of the fact that you had a splitting migraine,) to stay at home and look after your Great Grand Children. I mean it's not as if you had to look after all of them!  What, with Sam, Jarrod, Jordan and Zac all being with their weekend carers that only left 18 and how hard can It be?, even if you did have an abscess on your tooth.

By the way, Charlene is still mad at you for being out in the drive  enjoying yourself while the twins were inside bawling their eyes out with teething problems. It's not easy for little babies getting teeth ,especially when they're only 9 months old and they just had their vaccination shots that day and their Mum has to leave them to go out to a very important Hen's party.
And Summer says she will never forgive you for letting her little Patrick and Amber watch TV with all the other kid's because now they ALL have the measles! I don't mean to make you feel bad, but you can see where I'm coming from, can't you? Or are your cataracts playing up?

And it's not my fault that we got kicked out of that fancy night club because Aunty Sheila took her top off when she was disco dancing. And I don't care what the Cop's say - It was bloody hot in there!

Anyway as you know, it was left to me to drive that big hunk of a bus home and it wasn't easy after 3 bottles, I mean 3 glasses of Bubbles. Having never driven a bus before I thought I was going fine until I turned into the drive and ... BANG!  There you were, yelling and screaming and waving your handbag around with your good arm, the one that isn't riddled with arthritis, and their I was, with my new leopard print dress covered in Bubbles!  Thank you very much!

I don't remember much after that. I did hear an ambulance siren and I know everyone was running around trying to help.  Beryl's next door neighbor, who is just marvelous in emergency situations did the best she could do with my dress. You can hardly even notice the stain now. Unlike the stain in the drive which just won't go away no matter how hard the children scrub.

One thing I'll never forget is seeing you laying there in the drive without any legs. I mean I was legless too but at least I wasn't sprawled on the ground with my dress over my head and my big cotton undies showing, at least not on that particular occasion.

I know when the ambulance came to get you that you were calling out for me but Gran you know  how Bubbles goes straight through me.  Then when the lady from Child Welfare showed up, I had to stay inside with the kids and pretend I was looking after them. You do understand don't you?  I mean a fractured skull doesn't affect your memory, does it?

Well, I've probably said too much, but I can't help it if I get angry. I mean it's fine for you. You get to lay in bed all day, every day and do absolutely bloody nothing. Do you ever stop to consider how we might feel?  You know, if you weren't so concerned about that damn respirator of yours cutting on and off, you might be able to find the time to worry about others less fortunate than yourself.  I mean, have you stopped to wonder who is going to look after the children now? Obviously Not!




© Copyright 2007 TocalGirl always running late. (mareerose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1289259-Grans--Accident