*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290340-Frankensteins-Monologue
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Fantasy · #1290340
I wrote this for my GCSEs


Frankenstein’s Monologue


This was based on the novel Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. If you have not read the book I shall explain the characters here:
Justine was hung for the death of Willy, Doctor Frankensteins brother. She did not kill him, it was in fact the monster which Frankenstein created. Elizabeth is Frankensteins lover and she is now in danger from the monster as he wants to kill any close to Frankensteins heart.
The task I was asked to do was to create a monologue of Frankenstein describing the relationships and thoughts connected with Justine, Elizabeth, the Monster and himself.

*Smile* read on...



  Ancient vines twisted like a serpent's physique, stumbling down a splitting mass of desiccated stones, whereupon I sat, engrossed in agony and torment that swept through the worst of me and demolished the best. Visions, apparitions faded past, taunting, as though no soul should lend me a hand. O, dear Justine, I beg, am I worth no more than that? Does the palm of guilt still constraint your heart? Without remorse the scythe has outwitted your axe. Emerald grasses shrivel; the earth and the living become parched.
  'Victor!’ you cry, 'Does your conscience not bear the fate of the hangman's noose?' More humble a man I could not be, dear one, as solicit must I, if I crave your reverent mercy. Should I forget of such a misery, I shall not, for this rosemary I crush in my sored fingers bear the scars of your corruption. Where the red rose once grew an eternal pink rose now emerges. While the vultures circle above and the creatures forage below, none will ever touch that rose, for I planted it, and I will maintain it, until my death, Justine, until my death.
  One has already been abolished from my existence, now I must banish another, and to no avail. You bear my heart with courage, Elizabeth, and faith that I cannot achieve, for I wished to shroud myself; reveal the monstrosities to innocent people.
  Conceal yourself or not only your heart will perish. As a bird migrates south, I too must journey, and if any should follow in my wake, they shall not, dear Elizabeth, should the Grim Reaper take his heart. ‘Monsters!! Monsters!!’ I hear you howl impotently, ‘ All who pour woe upon us. Can my mourning be replenished, for I could not have any more?’ O, that injustice you tolerated at no fault other than my own. Petals and feathers drift around me, sweet scented and pure, I cherish the glow of warmth. White dove feathers appear in the sky and forest enclosing me. They are you, to the bone. Let my love protect your fragile body, with the respect and sympathy you deserve. I will bring plague to our house, as rain brings floods, as parasites bring disease, as wind brings destruction. My passion rains on you and cannot cease! My desire burns a rich red fire! Can you not see this? Are my emotions boiling but not bubbling over the cauldrons lid? How can I contain them at such a time like this?
  Thunder beckons me on, my mind whirrs with a sense of satisfaction that I created such a thing of beauty. A monster with powers so magnificent, mightier than any other living thing, with a mind so cunning and so willing to absorb information. But why, O, why does he betray me? I am his creator, the master and father to the concept of life, yet he sees trickery in my work. Monster, I plead, have I caused anguish, for I repent, at the death of my dear Willy and Justine. Were they worth the pain you have caused to us? Will you forgive my imperfections? Anger and hatred drive me forth, monster, as I live in daily fear, for what crime shall I expect of you next?
  Shadows dimmed my view of the valleys below me, dark outlines swooped through the air as stars began to materialize from the skyward sea. Reflections stared back from the hostile waters; a malicious fiend of blackened heart. Fear strikes a chord in me, monster, and doubt seizes my mind when your presence nears me. How can I live with a conscience filled with horror, and lives that wilt at the softest touch of my fingers? I can’t live without condemning the one that has caused my family and friends such grief. Do you listen as they whimper into your lungs, and do your lungs fill with their tears, or do you empty them out to engulf those decrepit mortals? How can I put such malice into coherent speech? Be gone, beast, be gone.
  Into my view grew wretched mountains carpeting a dark spectacle of which a soothing song spoke from. The wind captured the chant, taunted it, tantalized it, and unveiled the hallowed tune to the tranquil land.
  Why does blood flow in my veins but not theirs? Have I reduced the living but by the soft brush of a finger on ones cheek? My heart bleeds to see the breath of life squeezed from them with such a crushing hand – which I have created! A fatal feud bodes ill in my foggy mind, until a wavering scream wills to flee my frail lips. Time is running out in the hourglass of life, and I am the only one to blame.
‘The murderer has escaped. He walks the world free.’ I hear Elizabeth’s words as though they were whispered into my own ears. How useless my actions are! All who have suffered at my hand, forgive my errors as I seek to right them, a rainbow will emerge as an offering of peace when I encounter our foe, to end him.
  How can I comprehend the scale of the catastrophe I have produced? And as the dominos start to fall I will liberate the men and women I have shackled to the wrath of the monster.
What an unjustifiable immorality have I caused? What an evil felony I must right? What a spiteful monster I must unearth!
  Creature, make ready!




© Copyright 2007 Elle - no longer a fresher... (ellliexxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290340-Frankensteins-Monologue