*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291538-The-Aftermath
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Finway
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1291538
The sequel to "The Doomed Commander."
The Senate Leader, Ilantus Lucian smiled as Valnade's leaders and there families were brought before him in Arovel's City Center.
"Pronounce judgement, my lord," the General Larcus, new leader of Arovel's forces after the heroic death of General Genthro.
"Kill the men and boys, save the woman and girls as slaves for myself and the senate," Lucian smiled, as did all of the senators.
This is wrong, General Larcus thought to himself as the women and children screamed as there fathers, brothers, and sons were stabbed mercilessly by Arovel's soldier's blades.
A young man, no older than thirteen, started crawling to Larcus, who was nearly at the point of tears. Behin him an Arovel soldier smashed his foot into the boy, and stabbed him in the back. The boys eyes remained open, even through death, starring at Larcus.
"General Larcus," Larcus turned around to face Ilantus, who was probably the most powerful man in the world. "When your enemy attacks you, you must retaliate and show no mercy. Im sure General Genthro would have wanted you to know that."
Larcus simply starred at the Senator with hate and fury in his eyes. Gentho would do the opposite, he was thinking. Gethro woud've never alowed this to happen...

Ilantus Lucian approached the speakers stand. "Let this be a message to all those who challenge the power and might of Arovel, you cannot triumph. The only way for anyone in this world to survive is to submit to the will, the power, and the glory of Arovel!"
The crowd was wild. This is madness, Larcus kept thinking.
"By the next full moon, we will set out with full force to attack and utterly defeat the Deimos Tribe!"
The crowd once again roared. They didn't know what mammoth powers the Deimos Tribe possessed. The tribe's king, Phobis, was a ninety year old warrior who was believed to be gifted by the war gods with extraordinary strength, will-power, and wisdom. Phobis' son was killed in a war, but Phobis' grandson and great-grandson were also incredibly strong, and, even though his great-grandson was fourteen, they were both ready to smite and threat that came near to them.

"Prepare the armies! By the dawn of the next year, the Temple of the Sword shall be ours!"
The Temple of the Sword, Larcus thought, this is madness... Phobis' warriors will unleash a fury unknown to us if we defile the temple's sacred grounds!

Larcus turned to his lieutenant. "Ilantus has made a mistake beyond any other he has before..."
© Copyright 2007 Finway (finway at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291538-The-Aftermath