*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291744-Doctors-Orders
by IdaLin
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1291744
Sometimes a person can only stand so much.
Written for "The Writer's Cramp" 7-16-2007 using prompt words miscalculation, stagnant, worms, bog, (and) possibility.

Word Count: 342

“Master, I believe we have a problem.” Igor said with a lisp as he and the Doctor stared hopelessly at the tracks leading into the stagnant water.

The Doctor sighed heavily and shook his head. He said, “It is not good for one to be lost in the bog. It is a place from which nothing ever returns. I remember when my wife was lost in one many years ago, I miss her so. I believe I have made a grave miscalculation.”

Igor looked askance at the Doctor (It was the only way he could since his head was perched upon his shoulder in a crookedly permanent slant.) and asked, ‘Do you think the monster will return?”

“Yes, there is a possibility, Igor, but it is highly unlikely if he went into the bog. It is much more feasible that the worms will get up and dance in the moonlight.”

“My that would be a treat, Doctor! May I remain here to watch?”

The Doctor looked disgustedly at his henchman. What a waste of irony. “Certainly, Igor, but I think you will get a better view from the other side of the water. Go ahead and wade through here, where you see the monster’s tracks.”

“Ooh, yes, Master! I will come back to the castle in the morning. Thank you, Good Master.” Said Igor as the drool dripped from his slack jaw.

“Good night, Igor.” The Doctor said as he walked back toward the castle shaking his head. As he entered the castle he looked back and saw Igor gleefully wading into the water, nearly over his head now.

“I’m really going to have to get better help. It’s no wonder all of my experiments fail.” He said to himself as he closed and barred the door. “Well, at least the worms will have a good snack, that is, if they’re not dancing, anyway.” He shrugged and went into his library to ponder his next project and wonder where he was going to find a henchman with at least half a brain.
© Copyright 2007 IdaLin (conniefs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291744-Doctors-Orders