*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292976-Depression
Rated: E · Article · Emotional · #1292976
depression emotions lonely
Worry disturbs you in the worst way. Just when you think that things may be getting better it rears its ugly head and like the demon it is destroys all your dreams one by one. It's like going in slow motion with an unknown terror all around you.

Sometimes you don't even know what you're worrying about. But it's not a very good feeling. And now in our quote enlightened society, we have found a myriad of other un-important things to worry about.

There's only one thing w should be worrying about and that's pleasing God.
Yet how many of us even know what that is? Or how to do it? Or what He does want? It's simple enough. We could ask Him. But I'm sure we'd be quite shocked, if we heard his honest reply! He told Moses and he was shocked. He told Noah first. They both did what he said but with some shame and embarrassment. Abraham showed the most courage. But if he had to really kill his son, would he have hated God?

All through the Bible, you can find courage and heroes. But some of the time they were pretty slow to get started. That's how we are when we're worried. Worry breeds fear and fear can paralyze us, even if we think we're stronger than that.

It may sound naive not to worry but the worrying implies that we don't have enough trust in God. Trust is a hard concept to grasp sometimes, when we live in such a material world and see a lot of bad things happen. Some people who don't really understand have said that you have to be crazy to be a Christian. And maybe that's true but we need to be crazy about God. Our world seems so real to us because we have to live in it, everyday. Heaven on the other hand, can seem merely like a promise. But we must remember that God does keep his promises.

Another problem we may have is anxiety. Anxiety is kin to worry. It's not quite so negative but it still makes us very uncomfortable.Worry and anxiety, plus the fear they create can make our life very unpleasant. And they don't accomplish anything except to draw in more negativity. It's a tool of the Devil. I believe he enjoys it when we feel that way. Why wouldn't he? Since he's a deceiver by nature. He can only be happy when someone else is unhappy. We need to look at negativity a little closer. It's like a leech that sucks out our spiritual blood and leaves us wounded. We can't be bleeding all the time.

Jesus spilled his blood for all of us and symbolically, we shouldn't have to be doing it now. Of course we all know that we have to follow his example and be willing to sacrifice when we have to but this is not the same as living in the shadow of Lucifer and being miserable all the time.

It is our responsibility to keep anything out of our lives that separates us from Jesus. And negativity definitely does that. We must have
faith in God and his wisdom and follow Jesus back home to God.


Written by Anita Thomas
Copyright 2004.



© Copyright 2007 anitathomas (anitathomas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292976-Depression