*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1293227-untitled
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1293227
This is the first book I started, back in highschool and this is as far as ive got
Cold steel shimmered in the dim light of the sun, sounds of thunder echoing through the air. The rage of each soul radiated through the field of battle, bringing forth a storm of hatred. Blood coated the emerald colored grass, the thick scent of copper floating into the atmosphere. The scarlet liquid trickled into the once crystal rivers and ponds, tainting their purity.

The screams of the wounded and dying stretched upwards, the wind carrying them for miles. The smell of death lingered in the once refreshing air, as the Worthshire commanders sent orders of retreat. "Sir, we have lost five thousand of our forces," intense eyes swept over the chaos, taking it all in with a grain of salt. "They have only lost two thousand of their own." Sir Jorgans voice was thick with an emotion he couldnt quite place at that particular moment. The second in command of Marich blood he now fights for the Worthshire army after his family was banished by King Ordipay for high treason.

"Very well you are dismissed," Ordered King Ethan. Being king of Worthshire. He is now fighting the Marich army whom is trying to take over his kingdom for its rich soil and plentiful forests. The rich foliage cried out as if in pain at the thought of being taken over by the cruel Marich

"RETREAT!" was yelled through the lines of the Worthshire solders. As many men fell back, they were slain by the opposing force that continued relentlessly. "Sir. The men are unable to retreat they are being slain when the run." Pronounced Sir. Jorgan.

"Very well. Send a rider to the kingdom of Beleth and ask for assistance. Let the King know he will be paid well for his assistance," ordered King Ethan.

When the rider retreated to his destination his horse is struck with an arrow and killed leaving him to run the rest of the way. With the bloodbath behind him, all that is ahead is green fields and tall trees. He crosses a small creek in the middle of a dark wooded area where there are animals drinking form its crystal water. Further ahead is an open field with houses and castle far in the background. He could not see it yet but he knew it was there.

Upon his arrival, he is welcome with a warm reception. As he walked to the Kings thrown room, he notices the detractions hanging on the wall. Greens and reds fill the wall, hanging from the ceiling were chains holding wooden chandlers the floor clanked beneath his heavy feet. He noticed that the man showing him to the King now was bowing and he did the same then proceed to tell the King why he was there. " Sir. I am here on behalf of King Ethan he is currently at war with the Mariches and is out numbered; he requests your assistance. He wishes me to inform you that you will be well paid for you assistance in the matter," Announces the noble rider. "Where is your king? Where is the battle young man?" asks king Von "Sir. The battle is in the west a 30-min ride from here. My king is there as well," announces the rider. "Very well go there and tell him I will send ten thousand of my finest men," ordered King Von

After the rider returned for Beleth he informed the commanding officer about what King Von had told him. As the commanding officer turned to leave, an arrow flew past his head. He spun to see whom it hit only to see the rider was speared through his heart with the arrow and fell dead. " My king the rider you sent has returned and said that the king of Beleth will send you ten thousand of his finest men." informed Jorgan. "Thank you Jorgan tell that fine rider that he will be reworded for his loyalty," Ordered Ethan. " My king he was killed by a stray arrow shortly after he told me this," Said Jorgan. "This is sad make sure his family is give a peace of land," Orders the king his eyes watching the chaos.

As the battle continues, king Von assembles his force and sends them to fight with King Ethan's solders. When they get there, they found the battle going in full force and many fallen solders. They then ran in to the storm of fury. The thunder of footsteps behind the Worthshire seemed like a gift form god. That wonderful sound gave them hope and energy to put behind their swords.

"My King the Marich are retreating should we go after them?" Asked Sir. Jorgan. "NO" the King responded as he turned to return the castle and prepare to pay King Von who helped so generously. Leaving the commander to gather the troops and return them to the barracks.

After many hours of pacing the castle, the king finds that he has forgotten to thank King Vons men and he Knew they were still in his company. As he made his way to the sleeping area, he had set up for the men he has sent to battle many times, he was stopped by one of his guards and informed that his daughter had been kidnapped in the night.

He frantically ran to the barracks and woke the troops to go on the hunt to find his daughter. "As reward for finding her you will be given her hand in marriage and a place by my side." Promised the King with fear on his face and in his voice. Few wish to go. Those who agree to go were given the best armor in the in the land and the best weapons.

After many days of searching, they ran upon a village with luscious fields of wheat and corn. Many houses scatter the side of a small hill were there is deep green grass and emerald ponds were there are small children fishing and swimming to cool off from the blistering heat. Many horses are in a field were a local farmer is trying to tame the wild ones. Having seen the farmer they stopped him and asked him if he had seen Princess Renee. "No, I have seen no princess pass this way." Explained the farmer who then went back to work on a beautiful black stallion with a white mane and tail. "Thank you, sir" Expressed Knight Dakoda with distress in his voice.

Further in to the village they came across a small peace of cloth on the ground. It is of one of the finest silks and appears to be a peace of the princesss nightgown. Knowing they are on the right track, they searched the village for more signs of the princess but to no avail.

On the outskirts of the village in a large field of grass and flowers that seem to glisten in the sun light they decide to split up and look for her in all the corners of the land. One went north, one went south, one went east, and lastly one went west in search of the young princess.

Dakoda made his journey to the west and discovered that someone or something was stalking him. As the sun set behind the mountains leaving a beautiful sky with a rainbow of colors, he stopped to rest and watch the sun set in all its beauty. Laying on the edge of a crystal blue lake, he found the perfect spot to rest. Tall grass cushioned the hard ground and a large rock provided a place to lean against for comfort. He was soon aware of a presence, which has gotten to close for comfort. He jumped to his feet and unsheathed his sword he confronted what had followed him only to find out it was a beautiful woman.


"Who are you?" He asked sheathing his sword in a long black leather case with an intricate design on the front. "My name is Druhannah I have been following you for some time now," She explained with a calm cool voice. "I am from the village you and your friends were asking about a princess," "Why have you been following me?" Seeing the anger and distrust in his eyes she explained that she know about the princess and who may have taken her.

Over a hill not far from them a group of rouges watched and waited for a perfect time to strike. They saw that they were deep in conversation. The time was right, they moved slowly down the hill, they made there way to them from behind. Dakoda heard heavy foot steeps and he unsheathed his sword once a gain. He spun to see who was there, he was now face to face with a rouge whom also had his sword in hand. Both the rouge and Dakoda backed away in preparation for a fight. The wind grew still and the light grew dim. The smell of anger filled the air as both swords clash making a loud thunder of medal on medal. Many more rouges joined the fight over whelming the two who were fighting for their life. Dakoda struck a blow to one of the rouges and managed to kill him but before he could spin around to strike another, he was knocked out.

Dreams of his child hood played repeatedly in his head. He started awake, Dakoda realized he is in a small cell in a camp, all around him was tall trees. In the middle of the small clearing was a few tints and a dozen men sitting by a fire where they are feasting on a fresh kill and drinking what looks to be ale.

Looking around him, he sees Druhannah in the corner still unconsience. "Druhannah wake up," He whispered softly as to not draw attention. Slowly she opened her eyes she sat up and rubbed her head. "Where are we?" She asked in a whisper still weak from the blow to the head. " You are in my camp," A voice from behind them explained. Both jumped and turned Dakoda reached for his weapon only to find it missing. "What you think I would let you keep that fine weapon," laughed a dark man in a brown cloak.
© Copyright 2007 vampauthor (vampauthor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1293227-untitled