*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1293988-Chapter-2-Jennifers-Rape
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Drama · #1293988
All things exist in balance. What happens when one responsible for balance disrupts it?
         Last installment:

         “You didn’t have to do that.”
         “Yes I did. Cute girls shouldn’t carry half their body weight in books.”

         “So what line did you use on her?”
         “Like he needed a line to get me Joules.”

         “I bet she would be freaky in bed, too.”
         “Why can’t you all just leave me alone?!”

         “I know she is in chorus, but they practice first period.”
         “Besides, didn’t Matt sign out the studio for his band to practice in today?”

         “Say, what ‘ya looking at?”
         “N-nothing you need to know about.”

         “This is just practice, right Matt?”
         “Yea, and don’t worry about us. We’ve memorized the music you gave us.”

         “Did you get it?”
         “As you wished, Father.”

         “You’ve done well Luke.”
         “Thank you, Father.”

         And now the continuation of Tale of a Fated Winter’s Day: Gisei


         Thursday, December 6, 2007 – 16:00 EST

         “Dominus rem homini animus. Lux et nox. Animus et exanimus. Dolorum et salus. Dominus sum nostre salvator. Nos oravi ad tuti. Amen.

         The congregation stood and sang the Latin phrase “Ora por eo” as Luke walked past the altar naked carrying a black metal scepter with a cross on it. The congregation crossed themselves and left their pews to approach the altar. A priestly figure stood behind the altar and beckoned, “My flock! The waning of the age is commencing! Soon we shall be enthralled in the bliss of Revelation! May we all be so lucky to see it through?” Each parishioner knelt in front of the altar and crossed themselves before rising. They touched Luke; some on the head others on his bare shoulder. The parishioners returned to their pews and chanted again. “Go now my loyal worshipers! Spread the truth that the time is at hand! Return here before the midnight hour so we can partake in the Ceremony!”

         The congregation gathered their belongings and left, some taking a second look at the unclothed boy. Luke himself went to gather his clothes before the priest spoke again, “Wait my son. I have a special task for you to set forth and accomplish before the Ceremony.”

         “Yes, Father,” Luke said complacently. He stopped searching for his clothes and walked over to the hooded priest-like figure. “What is your desire?”

         “My desire,” the priest said looking up in longing towards the stained glass window of Jesus on the cross, “My passion is to be set free of the bonds cruelly placed upon me. I wish to be whole. The Ceremony will help me attain my former glory. I need your help. I need you to invite several of your— acquaintances.”

         “Yes Father. Who shall I invite?”

         The cloaked man considered the question, hand to his chin. “Directly invite your slut. Make sure she attends. You will give a task to your sister. She is to come to the Ceremony and bring your enemies. She is sympathetic to them. Give her this message however you see fit. Take pride in it.”

         “Yes Father,” Luke said smirking. “Anything else?”

         “Yes, bring your sister’s pendant here, at any cost.”

         “Of course, Father.”

***


         16:09

         “When did you decide to write a song like that?” Julia asked as the quintet walked down the hallways towards the sophomore lockers.

         “I had help—”

         “You’re short changing yourself again, Naomi,” Matt said, his mousy brown hair getting into his eyes.

         Julia shot a sidelong glance to Matt before saying, “C’mon Naomi. You can tell us.”

         Naomi stayed silent for a few minutes before saying, “When I realized my true feelings.”

         “True feelings?” Dan asked, “Oww—!”

         Julia whistled as she lifted her foot to continue walking. Trying to steer the conversation back on track Julia asked, ‘You should so think about singing that song at Battle of the Bands. I think it would be unstoppable.”

         Naomi pondered this but then smiled, “I might. It’s the first song that I’ve felt comfortable with putting music to.”

         “First song?” Jen asked curiously, “You mean this was your first attempt?”

         Naomi shook her head and pulled slung her backpack off of her shoulders. As she did her crystal pendant came out from under her shirt and into plain view. Julia and Dan exchanged questioning glances but said nothing. Out from the overstuffed carrier Naomi drew a notebook. She flipped through it slowly and showed everyone else that most of the pages were filled with writing. “I’ve made several songs. Just none of them were any good.”

         “And I tell her that’s horseshit,” Matt said smiling, “If she didn’t leave her notebook in the studio one day I’m sure she wouldn’t have done anything with them.

         Julia started to page through the notebook before Naomi snatched it closed, “Hey!”

         “It’s not just my songs in there,” Naomi said blushing, “Please understand.”

         Julia’s indignant look softened, “Ok, but I would like to read it sometime.”

         Naomi stuffed the notebook back into her bag, “Maybe.”

         Dan looked at the time. He shrugged and stopped to open a locker. He pulled out his coat and smiled, “I believe that it’s time for us to go home. We’ll walk you home, Naomi.”

         “You don’t need to. I’ll just wait for Rick.”

         “Nope!” Matt said slinging his arm around the shocked girl, “Go get your jacket and we’ll take you home.”

         Naomi sighed before walking down the hall a little ways to her locker. Jen looked on before blushing and saying quickly, “I’ve got to go, bye!”

         Julia shook her head and watched as her ex-boyfriend’s sister ran down the halls. Naomi came back to the crowd wearing her open-faced winter jacket and scarf. Julia sighed and grabbed her own jacket out of her locker. “Aren’t you going to be cold?”

         Naomi shook her head, “As long as I wear my scarf I’m fine.”

         Matt and Dan shook their heads as Julia shifted her backpack. “Ok, onwards to the apartment building.”

***


         16:20

         The priestly figure sat behind his altar staring at the crystal in front of him. He reached out to examine it but then was jolted back by a form of green lightning. “Definitely one of the Seals,” he said smirking. “The game is on.”

         “Your ambition is great, Rathiel.”

         Rathiel stood and turned around to face the speaker behind him. Lowering his guard he smiled, “Lord Michael. We meet again after a thousand years.”

         “And I come with a message,” Michael said his face looking stern, “Cease your gathering of the Seals.”

         “There is nothing you can do about it,” Rathiel smirked, “Jaisa and Lucifer signed a pact that neither would directly influence the Mortal Plane. That bars you from doing so as well. I seem to be an exception.”

         “Oh? And how is that?”

         Rathiel laughed as he walked past the altar, “I work for neither! I am my own angel.”

         “You are a Fallen!” Michael said forcefully, “You are Lucifer’s kin.”

         “But I am also a child of God,” Rathiel said laughing. “God, who is guilty of the very sin She sent me to the Mortal Plane Herself! Once I regain my powers, I will do what I’ve set out to do. And she’ll have no say in it.”

         “She’ll find a way—”

         “Ahh but remember, She sent me here as a human! Even with my powers, I’m still human! She can’t directly interfere!” Rathiel walked back and sat in his regale throne, “Leave me War-Bringer. Tell the Holy Mother to prepare for war!”

         Michael disappeared in disgust, leaving on white feather floating to the floor.

***


         16:32

         “Oh, yea! That’s it Luke! Harder!”

         Luke complied, increasing the force of his thrusts while watching Stephanie underneath him writhe in pleasure. It came to an end quickly as he felt his world explode. Stephanie screamed as loud as she could. Experiencing the euphoria of release and alcohol evident by the five Labatt cans on the floor, Luke collapsed next to Stephanie. Stephanie smiled in her afterglow. Luke stroked his girlfriend’s hair. “You’re so sexy.”

         “Yea, yea.”

         “I mean it,” he said as he snuggled up to the naked girl next to him in bed. “I’m sure you’re heaven sent, just like my father.”

         Stephanie propped herself up in the bed and looked at her boyfriend with a curious look. “Luke, your father is—”

         “—back,” Luke said with all the conviction in the world. “He’s back and wants to meet you.”

         “Luke—”

         “Come to the old speakeasy on First Street at eleven. Father has converted it to his Church.”

         “His Church?”

         “We worship the Revelation,” Luke said, “He’d love you to attend.”

         Stephanie considered it and smiled, “Anything for you Luke.”

         “Good. I unfortunately must prepare for tonight,” Luke said getting up and finding his clothes. He looked around the girl’s bedroom and saw a crystal pendant on her vanity. He frowned momentarily before saying with conviction, “Wear the pendant.”

         “What?” Stephanie asked totally confused by the non-sequitur.

         “Wear the pendant on your vanity,” Luke said pointing to it smiling, “It will look nice.”

         “Ok.”

         Luke grabbed his pants and hoisted them on. “I’ll see you soon,” he said before bending over Stephanie and giving her a passionate kiss. Without speaking another word he grabbed his shirt and coat. He went into the kitchen by the apartment door, put on his boots, and left.

         Stephanie lied back in bed, her hand reaching between her legs. She hoped that after this midnight rendezvous she would be able to sneak Luke back for some more. She wasn’t completely satisfied.

***


         16:35

         “Brrr— it’s getting colder now!”

         “It’s called winter, Dan! Get used to it!” Julia said smacking her brother upside the head.

         Naomi shook her head as they walked down Mills Avenue towards their apartment building. Naomi turned to Matt, who seemed to be distracted by someone standing on the corner of Mills and First, and asked, “So how’d you get Margret to agree to play the electric viola part?”

         Matt snapped out of his stupor and said, “It was easy. She was in practice one day and I asked if she had an electric viola. She pulls me back to the instrument lockers and pulls out hers saying she always wanted to play in a rock band with it. When I told her about your song she was surprised at first but agreed to play it.”

         “I think we all were surprised at Naomi’s song,” Dan said.

         Naomi blushed again. “Stop it you’re embarrassing me.”

         A gust of cold wind off of Lake Erie came barreling down Lake Avenue as the foursome came up to the intersection. Naomi shivered a little before Dan stepped in front of the blast. Julia and Matt smirked a little before Matt quipped, “Let’s go Romeo, we’re almost there.”

         Dan chuckled and turned down Lake Avenue. After a block the avenue opened up to the lake on the west side. On the east side there were hotels, restaurants and apartments. One apartment building in particular was situated right next to a pretty swanky restaurant. Naomi and her friends turned to enter that building. A doorman opened the door and said, “Good afternoon Miss Johnson, Mister and Miss Andrews, and Mister Robinson.”

         Dan nodded to the doorman saying, “Good afternoon to you to Dave. Thank you.”

         “The pleasure is all mine Mister Andrews.” With that Dave bowed them into the building. A spacious lobby almost like a hotel enveloped the foursome in warmth and light. The teens went over to an elevator marked by a set of oak doors. Dan pushed the up button and smiled.

         “Going up?” Dan quipped causing the other three to chuckle. The doors opened and the teens walked into the elevator. Naomi pushed the third floor button and the doors closed. The doors opened to a large hallway and an apartment door directly across. Naomi walked across the hall and started to pull out her keys. The door, however, opened and the occupant of the doorjamb had to stop suddenly.

         “Who’s there!” a graying man in his mid-forties said as he was bewildered by the interruption. Looking down his face softened, “Awww, it’s just you Princess.”

         “Dad,” Naomi sighed, blushing profusely.

         “No time to chat today. Brad just called from the restaurant. We’re getting really busy and they want me to come in.”

         “Why are you hurrying? The restaurant is just next door.”

         “They called half-an-hour ago,” Naomi’s father said before kissing the top of Naomi’s head. Standing up and straightening his tie he asked, “How do I look?”

         “Like the proud culinary manager that you are,” Naomi said, “Go on! You’re already late!”

         Naomi’s dad looked at his watch before jetting into the closing elevator. He waved a small farewell as the doors closed.

         Naomi shook her head and then gestured to her friends to come on in. Julia walked in and sat at the dining room table. “Is he always like that?”

         Naomi nodded her head, “He always needs Rick or me to remind him. Well either us or Mom.”

         “But you mom has strange working habits too?” Matt said before digging a bag out of his backpack.

         “Don’t smoke that here,” Julia said disapprovingly.

         “What,” Matt said innocently, “It’s just a little green. What harm could it possibly do?”

         “I could get in trouble,” Naomi said shyly.

         Matt looked at Naomi, then at the bag of weed. He decided to err on the side of caution and pocket the bag. “You owe me smoking time later.”

         Dan rolled his eyes and everyone laughed.

***


         17:00

         Jen closed the door behind her and looked at the disaster in front of her, clutter everywhere, beer, soda, half-eaten TV dinners and the like. The curtains of the dimly lit apartment were drawn as to suck the light away from the room. Jen walked past the cluttered table towards her bedroom, sneaking a peek into the living room. The empty recliner meant that her mother was probably bar trolling again. Jen went into her room and immediately was met with light and warmth. In contrast to the rest of the apartment, Jen’s room was clean, organized and bright. Jen sighed a happy sigh of release and let her thoughts wander, “Ahh, if only I could have this every day. Maybe next time I’ll go with Naomi.”

         Jen closed the door absentmindedly behind her and took a step towards her bed. Instantly a pair of strong arms tackled her to the bed and covered her mouth so she couldn’t scream. Forcibly she was turned so she was lying on her back, looking up into a familiar set of blue eyes. “That’s right you little slut! Look at me! You’re going to listen to me, right?”

         The hand was removed and Jen said, “Luke what the—”

         “You’re to come to the Church at eleven! You know where it is!” Luke commanded before punching her in the face hard.

         “Luke …” Jen said coughing as pain racked her body, blood trickling from her mouth.

         “I’m going to make sure you understand, bitch!” Luke started to kiss Jen hard on the mouth, his hands roaming up her shirt.

         Jen was able to push Luke away enough to say, “Luke snap out of it! You’re acting like Dad!”

         Luke stopped, momentarily shocked before saying coldly, “Never compare me to Father.” And with that Jen knew no more as Luke knocked her out with a heavy punch to the head.

***


         20:00

         Jen woke up to a splitting headache. Groggy and disoriented she sat up and noticed that she was naked. Fearing the worst she reached between her legs and touched something wet. Bringing her hands to her face she started to sob as she saw blood. She knew what that meant. Thinking of nothing else to do, she warily stood and walked over to her dresser to grab fresh clothes. She saw the remains of her old outfit on the floor covered in various body fluids.

         Clothed again she turned for one last look at her bedroom. It didn’t seem very bright and clean anymore.

***


         20:15

         “So Mom is working late and Dad is closing?” Rick said as Naomi stood in front of the stove cooking dinner.

         “Yea,” Naomi said shaking her head, “I’m going to leave a little extra; they’ll appreciate it.”

         “Not too much, it will go to waste.”

         Naomi pondered a bit as she diligently watched the onions sautéing in the pan. “I sung my song for the first time today.”

         Rick perked up at that and said, “Did she hear it?”

         Naomi nodded her head, “I don’t think she noticed though.”

         Rick was about to comment further but was interrupted by a knock at the door. He stood and walked over to it and looked in the peep hole. “Oh, my God.”

         “What?” Naomi said getting curious.

         Rick opened the door and revealed a battered Jen, holding herself tightly. She looked straight into Naomi’s eyes, pleading with God, before saying, “I’ve been raped.”

End of Chapter 2

© Copyright 2007 Steven Michael Jester (steven_jester at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1293988-Chapter-2-Jennifers-Rape