*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1294036-The-Dark-Diary-Proluge--Chapter-One
Rated: E · Novel · Young Adult · #1294036
These are short diary entries of a young girl who has encountered a strange pain in her.
Prologue

In evey childs mind, there is laughter, joy, and no constant worry about anything or anyone trying to hurt them. All but one girl. Lauren, isn't like every other child. In her mind, theres pain and suffering. Her mind is constantly racing through thoughts that never passes a childs mind. Lauren's mind is running a maze of twists and turns and brick walls. Her body is literally a weapon against her since she cannot control her actions. She has been though exorcisms. She's been through therapy, and still nothing can help her. Months later, she died in her sleep, and weeks later, her diary was found, written in english and some strange ancient writings. Long years go by, and technology finally catches up, and a secret society of demonic transcripts are found by archeologists. Scienctists compare the script with the writings in the diary, and the two match. This diary has been translated and rewritten.


Chapter one- The beginning

Page one;
Date; 5-18-90

Dear diary,
This is my first entry, mother bought me this diary for being a good girl today, mother is the best. Though she doesn't like the fact that Im really into God and Heaven. She's incredibly nice, though she's always telling me the bible is written by a bunch of drunk monks cause no one has two lives. Her opinions on life, is that, there is no God, there is no Devil, there is no heaven or hell. There is just here, and now. She constantly tells me to live life like it is my last, but God tells me that I should be careful and listen to him so I dont get hurt like the Devil wants me to be.

Oh dear, I was writing so much about mother that I almost forgot to write about today. so I might as well start writing in this book while I still remember.Teehee. Today has been quite a nice day. I am really thrilled about today. I just came back from sunday morning church and wow, it was incredibly intresting. I never knew God has a plan for all of us and he's constanty keeping us safe from harm everyday. For some reason, I felt a sharp pain from my head, move all the way down to my toes while in church. It felt really weird, but I thought it was just puberty or something, maybe its just God giving me good luck for the rest of the week, or so has my father has said. My mother is always telling me that God isn't real, since she is not christian like my father and I, maybe this is why my parents have divorced and moved in with the christian lady he met at church a few years ago. I guess I may never really know why my parents have divorced. Goodness, the sharp pain is coming back into my stomache. I can feel it growing in my stomache right now.

Anyways, after church, my best friend, Kelly, and me went to the playground so we can go and discuss about todays church session. She is also in shock about God, but she really isnt much of a total christian. When we first met, she's always told me that she's just trying out different religions, or like, drifting church to church, and she's trying to find something that may actually make sence to her. She doesnt really seem to like christianity, but it's fine by me. We also discussed about the Devil. She really seems to like what he's doing. I dont know why but it really bothers me. I dont understand why she would mention about Him infront of me. Kelly is really a nice person though. She's a few years older than me, she's at least 17 years of age, and she has such words of opinion that leave you thinking. She's actually quite pretty too. And smart. The strange thing is that no one knows her, she sits by the outside window of the church and she listens to the seminars just like that, but she never enters. She's always told me that she doesnt want everyone to bother her about God and she doesnt like huge crowds of people. Maybe she's just really shy.

My god, it hurts! I'll write later as soon as the pain goes away. I will pray to god tonight and ask the lord to remove this pain.

It's getting really late, but I want to write about dinner. When mother was talking about work today, in the hallway behind her, I thought I saw something walking around in the living room, but there's only mother and me in the house. But when I blinked, it was gone! Like nothing was there. It looked like a little boy waving at mother to turn around or something. It was really scary. I hope I dont see that little boy ever again. Well, I am getting really tired, and I dont want to scare myself to a point I wont be able to fall asleep. I will say my prayers and dream off. Good night and God bless.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Page two;
Date; 5-19-90

Dear Diary,
it's late at night and I am still restless. I cannot sleep and it's (the pain) is so terrible. I dont know how I will be able to sleep right now. It's 3 in the morning, and it's pitch black. I am hearing things in my room, and it's really starting to scare me. I am terrified about what it [nonsence scribbles.. like the pen was being dragged across the page] (translation) My power. It's growing. This body is young, but strong. The Dark One will definately like this..(end translation) Oh, My, Goodness! Please tell me I wasnt going crazy for a minute there! I just saw something, like a dark shadow, that looked like a person with horns, walk towards me, and it just pulled me out of my bed! it dragged me across my floor. I closed my eyes, I dont know where it went, but my skull is pulsing really hard. I am going to call my dad and ask him about this, mother wouldn't believe me! God bless. Goodbye! Goodnight!

I dont remember writing in scribbles last night. I cant erase it either, though I am writing in a pencil. It looks like ink, but like a red color. I dont remember anything from last night. Thank goodness I wrote everything this morning. but my father is really worried for me, so he insisted that I moved in with him and his girlfriend. He is going to take me to the church to go ask Father Isacc and Brother Marcus about this early morning. I am really worried about what happened. Where did that creature go? What did he want from me? What did I do? I am a strong christian, and I dont want anything bad to happen to me, God promised me he wouldn't. There's a storm coming, and I still need to unpack. Father is gunna help me soon, so I better put this book away and get working. Later on, I am going to the library and I am going to look up information about a dark creature of the night. God bless. Goodbye!

I'm in the libray right now, and I'm just jotting down as much information as I can write, and I really can't find anything that fits my problem. The book I'm reading is just telling me that its an apparition of some sort. That really doesn't bother me, but I still need to find SOMETHING about my delusions. I'm probally heading back home sometime soon.

Before I got home to mother, Kelly met up with me. She was talking nonsence about the Devil being in the city, or at least someone dressing up like him as a prank to scare some of the people in town. It really bothered me that someone would do something as stupid as that. Kelly actually found it quite amusing, was she the one doing it? She also mentioned that there were lights flashing in my room this early morning. Kelly saw the whole thing what happened, but she wouldnt tell me where the creature went and what it was. Whats been going on with Kelly lately?

Nevermind, but when I told my mother about the dark creature in my room. She told me that she would set up a video camera for the night just so she would understand thoroughly about the situation. She thinks I may be going a little nuts, but I know what I saw, but I am not completely clear about what it really was. I told father and he insisted I stayed with him for a while until mother finds out completely about the creature in my room. Sadly, the pain has been coming back to me, only worse. It feel like something is popping in my tummy. I still do not know about what this pain is, but since that one night, it's been getting worse and worse every day. Since I started writing in this diary and since that one day in church when Father Isacc said that God promises to keep us safe and all that. What if God isn't real? Maybe..

But right now, I have to go help set up dinner. I get to say the prayer today. Yay! God Bless!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Page three;
Date; 5-20-90

It's early morning again, but I awoke because I had a nightmare. I was in the middle of a meadow, and there was a dead tree about a few feet away. There was the little boy I saw in the living room behind mother. He looked really scared and he was pointing at something behind me. His eyes were wide, and he looked like he was crying for a really long time. When I tried to turn around to see what the little boy was looking at, I couldnt. I couldnt move out of the spot I was standing at. I couldnt even turn my head. Then all of a sudden, the little boy opens his mouth and darkness pours out! I was drowning and I couldnt swim to the top. The darkness filled me up and I felt a hard pressure being pushed down on me, and everything went dark. I woke up in a cold sweat. I dont know what my dream meant, but I really want to find out. I am so terrified.

Morning
What really shocks me is that I am in fathers house, and I am as scared as I was when I was in my other home. Is this creature following me now? Did I do something wrong? Why are things after me? I still dont know what is going on. I should go talk to Father Isacc and Brother Marcus. Maybe they might know what this.

Noon
Father and Brother arent so sure either. They have never encountered any of these situations before. They told me to give them some time, and that they were going to contact the other priests around the county just to get the answer. They seemed very worried. But they asked me if I was friends with a non-christian, or someone who really isnt into christianity, and I told them about Kelly. They mentioned something about questioning Kelly, seeing if she knows any of this. I dont think Kelly would like this, but I am very worried for myself. I might as well go find her myself. I do not know where she lives and who her parents were, but all I know is that she might know what is going on. She witnessed that one night and she probally may know how to stop this. I'll write back as soon as I find out what else goes on. God bless.

Night
I could not find Kelly today. Maybe Father and Brother were questioning her for a few hours, or maybe she's sick and she cannot wander about town like she usually does. It makes me wonder about her at times. She has never told me where she lived. I dont even know who her parents are. She always wanders around town from morning to dark, but I have never seen her house around here. Does she even live around here? Maybe she's an orphan, and she doesnt have a house. Or maybe she lives around. She probally stays with the neighbors across the street. Or the Richardsons who live on the edge of town on the hilltop. I dont know. I really wonder who she really is. Maybe she moved to a different town, she never really liked this town anyways. She said it was too.. "sub-urban". I dont understand her vocabulary, but she always taught me grammar and how to write like an adult. She said its very useful for when you're late to school; She said that I could fake a note from my parents telling the teacher that I was doing prayers or something like that. I wonder where is she. I will go on to bed now, I dont feel like writing right now. Good night and God bless.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
© Copyright 2007 Stories (nataliagee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1294036-The-Dark-Diary-Proluge--Chapter-One