*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1296329-Animalia-Chapter-2A-Surprise
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1296329
New chapter in my story
Fang had been a fearsome gray wolf in the days of old. His name had struck fear into the hearts of all those that roamed the Forest. His army took over many villages and had a great stronghold. One day, though, an army marched from the east against the greatest forces of the Shadow, as they were called. This force had with them an ancient wizard that knew a great many spells. After months of fighting the force found their way to Fang’s last defense. As they fought through to Fang he began to fight himself. He took out a good many mice and chinchillas, even some chipmunks. But then he came face to face with the wizard, the wizard held a staff and looked into Fang’s eyes. Fang didn’t like the looks of this old hare and began to charge. The old hare brought up his staff and as he brought it down a crack developed at a rapid pace racing towards Fang. Fang stopped quick as he saw this. As the crack split in two and outlined his stance on the ground he was about to run. It was two late, a blast of light came from the ground. When it cleared his body had turned entirely gray, although not the color of gray fur. Now he was put into stone. What was left of the Shadow finally saw this and surrendered immediately. The force marched back to the east knowing that it would be near impossible for the forces to grow again, if they did. They also knew no one could make Fang not stone.
After the force marched off a battle scarred rat called Risky took control. All the foot soldiers got their supplies and all they had and moved toward a new stronghold. After setting up a nice living space they brought the stone Fang to the stronghold. It being underground, and Fang not fitting in the holes, they brought vines and weeds to camouflage their stone master. They were determined to unmake the stony life of their master, they began to search far and wide for wizards to undo the stone spell. Most of the time though they spent looking for new soldiers and building and training the new Shadow. Their incredible force would once again rise to rule the Forest. They were going to be the masters.
One solemn day several rats stood guard at the outskirts of the stronghold. Risky had been pacing in the main den, but had come out to get some fresh air. He looked toward the guards and then towards the heaping mass of old vines on Fang. He wondered what it was going to be like once they found the hare that was supposed to have these powers. The men had been sent after the scoundrel that morning. It was half a days travel so they might return by night fall. Lately the thought had come upon him to just leave Fang in his stone shell, take the army on a war path by himself. He realized, though, that if Fang were to ever have a way out it would be his life.
He walked up close to Fang’s snout. Looking up he cursed Fang that it should take them this long just to get him back. The Shadow was ready long ago yet no one had been ready to go without the true leader. Suddenly, one of the runners, a weasel, came looking for Risky. He found him and ran to him. “They found him sooner than we expected ” he exclaimed. “They shall be back in several hours.”
“Good,” Risky replied. “Once they arrive come get me. I will be planning our next move. Gotta be one step ahead, that’s how Fang operates.”
The weasel nodded and ran off to watch the horizon for the returning soldiers and their prisoner. As Risky walked in toward the main den of the tunnel system he looked to the two guards side by side. “Get the vines off a Fang, the time has come, once again, for us to fight.”
© Copyright 2007 Jordan Norton (commoner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1296329-Animalia-Chapter-2A-Surprise