*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298011-The-Love-of-My-Life
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Romance/Love · #1298011
Letter/Story to my wife.
I was so far gone.  I was living on a dirty street covered in filth and the saddest part was that I didn’t even take notice.  I was sore than a mangy dog.  But then he came, a man who glowed like the sun.  He glowed so much that it lit my surroundings so that for the first time I was able to see the horror of where I had been living and even the horror of the things I had done.  He then asked me if I needed help and I started to cry and repent for the life I had been living and then he reached out his hand and said follow me.  Not only did he pull me out of the gutter tha day but he adopted me as a son and had joy in giving me his name.  As the year went by I noticed a precious jewel among his collections.  It was a finely cut gem that sparkled with his radiance.  I fell in love with this beautiful rock freshly hewn.  I came to the father one day and begged him for this mystifying rock knowing I was not ready to process such a great thing.  He looked at me with his eyes full of love and said alright but you must remember that you can only borrow it and that you must take extreme care for it is really fragile and important to me.  I promised with glee and took this fine item with me.  After only a few months the fun had worn off.  This precious gem took lots to time and energy.  I was like a child with a puppy how had lost interest.  I stopped gazing at it every day.  Then I stopped polishing and cleaning it.  Soon I started leaving it around to face the elements alone.  I even dropped it on several occasions chipping its flawless surface.  The last time I looked it was broken and dirty begging and pleading for a cleansing and a polishing and I told myself, “I will do it tomorrow.”  A month after I had completely misplaced this valuable treasure.  And sure enough my loving father inquired of his loaned stone.  I feel on my knees with tears in my eyes and I confessed to him my poor stewardship and how I had hurt the stone and eventually lost the stone.  He looked at me with that glowing face or love and he said I forgive you and then with a smile he opened his hand and there was the dirty, cracked stone.  I immediately went to grab it and he clasp his hand over it and said, “No my son I need to teach you first how to be a good steward, and then I must work in repairing this stone as only I can, and maybe then I will let you have another chance.”  Now all day long he works on me teaching me how to love him and my stone and to take care of what he has loaned me.  And all night he slowly and loving repairs that precious treasure so that someday both we’ll testify of his name and glorify him. 
© Copyright 2007 Renalt45 (renalt45 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298011-The-Love-of-My-Life