*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298781-A-New-Day
Rated: E · Monologue · Personal · #1298781
I get tired of being shy and I'm ready for a change, maybe some can relate.
It's time for a new day.  A new way to take on life.  A change is what I need, yet I don't know how to go about it.  No, I do.  I know exactly what I need to do to fill my empty void, to grab the reins and take charge of my social life, but it's more of a matter of finding the power to do so.  That is what I don't know.  How can I empower myself to take the initiative, take the first step, to move past being invited because I'm there, and to be invited by new acquaintances because they want me there, because they want to know more about me, they want to experience having me in their presence. 

I have a lot to offer, and if I don't, then I need to work on that as well.  I have come far, but I need to go farther, past any boundary I have ever set myself.  I must go onto a new stage, where no longer am I solely just a member in the ensemble, where I backup the leads, but to where I am the lead role, taking charge of the stage, not as just a means of expression and acting, but as a leader of not just the stage, but my own life. 

I am in charge, I have the resources, and the desire is there.  I need to channel the power to flourish, because no longer do I want to wait here on the sideline, hoping that I will become who I want to be, and who I am.  I might be coy and shy, but no longer do I want that to be part of my description.  While at times it will be ok to resort back to my previous ways, small changes are significant and can happen.  Now is my time.  I've waited long enough, I've held back long enough, one word extra won't kill me, it won't hurt anyone.  It's time to start a new day, a new chapter, a new story, a new way.
© Copyright 2007 Ryan M. Manthey (foreverwalking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298781-A-New-Day