*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299717-Kulkutut
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by tom
Rated: E · Fiction · Philosophy · #1299717
Awakening, beginnings.
When the spirit mother woke, she birthed the peoples of the earth. She told us we were to be known as “Kulkutut”.
She took us along the path to the cold clear waters of the stream. We knew that we would not thirst.
There we found the trout and the salmon and knew we provisions and would not suffer hunger. There we also found the eagle in the tree and knew nothing would go to waste.
Nearby, in the woods, we found the deer and near it, the wolf. The deer gave us more hearty meals and sturdy clothing. The wolf taught us humility, for it was most ferocious but also provided warmth from its heavy coat.
Our mother then showed us the way to the honey and the berries where also we found the bear. From the bear we learned of food, great coats of fur and death.
It was much later that we learned of the hawk, the raven, the red wing black bird and the owl.
When we saw that where one tree had fallen over another, under the top tree the earth was dry, we learned to make shelter from the rain, the snow and the cold. We had learned the word “progress”.
And when the clouds crossed the moon, we knew we had doomed our peoples.

© Copyright 2007 tom (tomwsr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299717-Kulkutut