*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1301150-An-old-thing-of-mine
by Kitti
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1301150
something i am trying to salvage from some old hard drives.
She was sprinting across the lawn trying to battle with her inner mind as to what difference she was going to make. Half of her was following the sensible stream of thoughts that told her she should run, as far and as fast as she could. The call had come in just a couple of seconds ago and was nothing but the screaming of the receptionist on the front desk. Only one word had come out crystal clear to her had been 'Lucas' Tobi hadn't seen him all day and after totally giving up on tracking him she had just assumed that he was pottering around at whatever he wanted to.

Why they had called her she had no idea, despite the fact that Mac had put her in charge of him it was blatant that she couldn't do anything to stop him. If he wanted to do whatever he wanted then he damn well would. After all there was only one person in the world that could do anything to hurt him and it certainly wasn't her. So why the hell was she now making her way towards The Mansion in an attempt to do something about it? She wasn't sure, it was just the sound of the screams that were replaying in her head. If Lucas was going on a rampage then he would find her for sure.

As she approached the main doors she couldn't hear anything from within and she didn't know whether this was a good thing or a bad thing. She pushed the doors back and realised that this was a very bad thing. There were bodies strewn across the floor and the stench of death hit her with such a force that she swayed backwards. The feeling of nakedness rushed over her; she didn't have any weapon and for some reason hadn't picked up her sword as she exited the house. The thought hadn't clicked in with her because she half didn't believe that it was happening.

Tobi took a large gulp and began to pick her way through the blood and the gore. A great battle had taken place and most of them had limbs missing or were mutilated beyond recognition. She dipped down at the first opportunity that she had to grab one of the guns that had been dropped in the struggle.

A sound made her snap her head to the grand staircase. She didnt' fool herself for a moment that she was going to sneak up on him, he would have heard the call and he knew that she felt responsible for all of his actions. It wasn't as if she had mastered the art of being stealthy and so if he wanted to her to know where he was in the house then she had no choice but to follow.

Tentatively she attempted to make her way up the stairs. She didn't want to do this, every fiber of her being was screaming for her to get out of the door and just ring Maciahko, she would know exactly what to do in the situation and would probably come straight home and deal with the whole thing. But right at this very moment her body seemed to be moving of its own accord up the stairs and she didn't quite feel like she belonged to herself.

"Lucas?" She heard her voice quiver as it tried to travel as far as it could and cursed herself for being so afraid of him. How could she feel this way about someone who had saved her life and been so nice to her lately?

Her answer came when she finally managed to get to the top of the staircase. There was Lucas in all his disgusting glory. It was impossible to tell what colour his clothes had originally been because they were drenched completly red by the blood. In his arms was a young and pretty girl that, once she spotted Tobi, began to panic even more, her eyes rolling in their sockets. She was reaching out towards her and feebly making noises that translated into "help me"

Tobi stood transfixed, she made no move to go forward to help the girl as her feet were rooted to the spot and her eyes refused to look away. Finally the girl slipped away and once he had fully finished with her he looked up as if noticing Tobi for the first time. A grin spread across his face, which with the gore and bits of flesh that were stuck there made her recoil in horror.

She levelled the gun at him and for the first time in her life she watch horrified as it began to shake and quiver looking as if it would never hit her mark whether she shot it or not. The grin didn't leave his face and he dropped the now lifeless body to the floor taking great pleasure in watching Tobi's look of pure disgust when the wet thumping sound could be heard.

He strode towards her and she stepped backwards quite forgetting that she was at the top of a large staircase and the realisation kicked in just a fraction of a second too late. She was aware of the panic that was in her face and also she strangely reached out to grab Lucas in an attempt to steady herself. He didn't reach back towards her and as she fell backwards she saw that sick grin still fixed on his face watching her descent.

Tobi hit the first step pretty hard and she gasped as the wind was knocked from her and she felt her body start to roll towards the bottom. To her it felt as though she bounced on every step and the pain was excruiciating with every thump. Once she finally stopped and the world had almost righted itself to the correct way up she was vaguely aware that something was tugging her head up.

Gravity forced a small trickle of blood out of a cut on her bottom lip but she had no time to wipe it away. Her eyes widened, the thought of pain and injury fled her mind. He had launched himself from the carved balistrade, arms weilding an axe high above his head and a manic grin on his face. At the very last minute she managed to kick start her body into action. She threw herself to the side just in time to hear the splintering thud of the axe hitting the wood panelling wall. A look of terror filled her eyes as she saw that the weapon was exactly where her head had been just a second earlier.

Luckily she seemed to be working off of pure instinct and instead of just sitting there horrified she started to finally get herself out of there. What she didnt count on was how sticky and blood filled the floor was, it took a couple of attempts to even haul her limbs off the floor before she slipped and slid towards the exit. She was pretty sure that instead of chasing her down Lucas was watching her every move, if he wanted to pick her off like the rest then he could have done it so easily.

As soon as her feet hit the gravel drive and gained some kind of grip she was off.
© Copyright 2007 Kitti (kayle909 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1301150-An-old-thing-of-mine