*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1301286-HARMONY-prologue
by Jono
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Mystery · #1301286
This is the prologue for a story I am working on. Set on a future Earth called HARMONY.
PROLOGUE

He stops.
Not what he was doing because he wasn't doing anything in the first place. No, He has stopped his breathing, his body functions and his life. This was the end for him and he knew it. He was hiding. Hiding from the one thing that terrifies him the most. However that wasn't what killed him. The blade had. The blade that just a few seconds ago had entered through his rib cage.
Why had he been so scared of them? It seemed pointless now. Fear had seemed to have left him. Fear of death. What was he so afraid of? This? Now that he was experiencing it, it didn't seem all that terrifying, other then the few seconds of pain in his torso. He looked down at the blade that was now poking out of his chest.
He felt that he should say something. Something significant.
He felt his legs give up. He opened his mouth.
"Why."
The word seemed pointless. It wasn't even a question. It might as well of been the letter 'Y' instead of the word. He knew why he had been stabbed. It was inevitable. He was hiding in a dark alley in a dark part of town. There was only a few reasons. One could have been that he was mugged. Muggers these days prefer to get possessions of dead people rather then live ones. Another could have been just a crazy killer who thirsted for the taste of blood. But the most likely, given the previous circumstances, was that he had just been assassinated by a professional who was hired by the very people who were after him in the first place.
He fell. Collapsed to the ground. He could hardly see now. Black had engulfed his sight. That wasn't too hard though, considering it was midnight. But this was more then darkness this was death. Death was now slowing moving closer to him beckoning him. He closed his eyes and breathed his last breath.
© Copyright 2007 Jono (jonolucerne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1301286-HARMONY-prologue