*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1303372-Dimensional-Wars-Chapter-Three
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Sci-fi · #1303372
Fire has been opened, the startsignal for an interdimensional conflict has been given!
Chapter Three: Conflict Start

Ten years ago…
“Well, answer me”, said the man, “who are you three?” “Ace Trent”, said Ace, “and these are my team-mates, Devon McTrey and Aaron Vaughan.” “You seem to be wearing uniforms of some kind, is this a military operation?” “A recon mission, see what’s out here”, said Aaron. “Hmm, said the man”, “you three are coming with us.’

Now…
“I’m sure everything is going well father”, said Haro. “No need to get all worked up.” “It’s not that”, said Jack. He was pacing around his office, his usually so clean desk was cluttered up with charts and maps. Intricate drawings were visible with circles and arrows. “The change is starting to affect me.” “Already?” Remarked Haro, “I thought it was at least another two years.” “Opening that dimensional portal took it out of me, we will have to move soon. I’m thinking perhaps back to Japan? Or just the southern states?” “But”, said Haro, “can we just move? What about the government, won’t they get suspicious?” “You will stay here with Chi”, said Jack, “‘inherit’ the business so to speak, while I regenerate in a sunny place. I will remain in contact insofar it’s possible, but you should be able to take care of yourselves, you’re all grown up now. I start packing in the morning, you think of a good death for me.”

“They did what?” Shouted Ares in his communicator. “I’m on my way, prepare the shield for defensive manoeuvres, get the fleet commanders on one line with me, now!” Ewan was standing there, not quite sure what to do. Ares walked towards the door, go, he said, “you’ll be needed at the Shield.”

Taban was pacing around his apartment, a newspaper was lying dishevelled on the floor, the by-line for the front article barely visible: ‘Business man dead in hover car accident’ “Jack”, Taban mumbled. He didn’t know why he knew that Jack was the man they mentioned, but something inside him told him so. After Jack had led him away Jack told him about the others, how they were also affected, Jack didn’t tell him details about how it had happened, just that through an event they all shared, and that he was researching when and where it happened. Jack had also told him he’d need to check up on one of them.

Taban stared at the vial Jack had given him, which was now standing on his nightstand. Jack had promised it was a cure, at least temporary, and that if the problem should arise again, he could treat it again. Taban himself was still undecided on whether or not he should take it. What would happen, he asked himself. He knew what would happen if he didn’t take it, he’d die. And what of the kid, this Warrick Kimball? He’d visit him as soon as he could, find out what he could from him. There was a knock at the door. Taban slowly walked towards the door, looking through the spy hole. He saw nothing, when he turned around, there was a knock again. Taban looked again, this time he saw a young man, dressed completely in black. “Who is it”, Taban enquired. “My name is Chi Smythe, son of Jack Smythe, may I come in?”



Five hours earlier…

Chi and Haro are standing on a building opposite the car wreck, under cover of a stealth set-up. “I think it is a slightly dishonouring death for father”, said Haro. “It’s the least suspicious one, the body is completely burned, so no traces that lead back to us. Besides, father is on his way to some sunny Caribbean paradise, he doesn’t have a right to complain”, said Chi. Chi turned his head to face Haro, “did he ever tell you why he does this every six to seven years?” Haro still observed the car wreck, “no, but I presume it has something to do with the experiment you and I and the other three are part of.” “Why are you being so cold about it, I am not an experiment, I’m his son!” Chi said, raising his voice. “Go see to Taban, make sure he takes his medicine.” “You can’t just dismiss me”, said Chi, getting angry. “You aren’t father!” “No, but I’m leading the organisation in his absence, so you will take orders. We are in a critical stage right now. This is no time to go rogue Chi.” “Right, right, I’d just like to be in the loop you know, since I’m a part of this as much as you are, brother.” Haro slowly turned his head to Chi. “When you get back, I will explain everything I know to you, just see to Taban.” “Right, I’ll be off then”, said Chi.

Present…
“All stations red alert!” Shouted Ares, running to his seat on the bridge. “All ships accounted for sir, the three ships that were attacked have returned, a full damage report on the ships is being processed, said one of the ensigns.” “Anything come out of the nebula yet?” “No sir, we’re not getting any readings from it either, from what we can tell, it’s just an ordinary nebula.” “We’re getting hailed”, said the communications officer. “Put it on my screen”, said Ares. A helmeted head appeared on screen, the helmet was dark green, looking like something used in battles, it had a lot of runes depicted on it, presumably in their language. “Do you understand me?” Asked the person in perfect English. “Surprisingly enough I do”, said Ares. “Why did your ships enter the nebula, do you have a tendency towards suicide?” Asked the person. “The pilots disobeyed orders, I offer my apologies.” “Apologies won’t be enough when the Armada gets here”, said the man. “The Armada?” Asked Ares. “Yes”, said the man, “the Armada, the fleet that deals with people who break Kayan Law.” “Kayan law”, asked Ares. “Yes the law of the Empire”, answered the man, “I have already sent out a signal, and I doubt your fleet will mobilise quickly enough to outrun them. Tell me though, why did you choose to defy Kayne?” “I did not choose to defy Kayne”, said Ares, “I don’t know who he is, we’re new in this galaxy.” “Impossible”, said the man, “every person in this galaxy is part of the Empire.” “We’re not”, said Ares. “You shall soon find out the opposite”, said the man.

“Well, come in”, said Taban. “Thank you”, replied Chi. “As you might have guessed, my father is the dead person from the hover car accident.” “Yes”, said Taban, “I had guessed as much.” “It is important for you to know”, began Chi, “that whatever affairs he might have had with you concerning your DNA and that of Warrick Kimball, this now moves to his sons, we will continue his research, so it is still important that you contact him. As soon as possible.” “I understand”, said Taban. “Good”, said Chi, “we are coming closer to an antidote as we speak. Now if you will excuse me doctor Taban, I have an important meeting in half an hour, should any complications arise, just call our offices. Goodbye.”

“He’s running?” Asked Chi incredulously, “from who?” “I don’t know”, said Haro slowly, “but it is clear that it is a powerful person. He, or she of course hired our fathers brother to track him down. Which is why they don’t contact each other in person unless it’s absolutely necessary. There is a tracking device implanted in Ares’s body which searches for our father in a 10-mile radius. Should it find Jack, a signal is sent to the person searching for him. This signal needs time to build up, should they be in close proximity for more than an hour the signal will be broadcasted. At the beginning of the chase they did not know of their shared blood. It all has something to do with the Genesis project, of which I know nothing. If Jack stays in the same identity for more than seven years, he is also discovered through signature scanning. That is all I know. The DNA program father has been running is also a part of the Genesis project. So it is imperative we continue searching for ways to treat the genetic malfunctions, which will affect you too little brother.” Chi swallowed, “let’s get this over with then.”

Ten years earlier…

“I don’t think this is gonna work Ace”, mumbled Aaron. “Shut up”, said Devon, who was holding Ace up. Their current prison was located in some sort of dungeon, with an opening at the ceiling, this was however a long way up. Ace and Devon were currently trying to get a look at how well guarded they were and, if possible, escape through the hole. “Get back down”, Aaron hissed, “I can hear someone coming.” Ace hurriedly jumped down. Four soldiers accompanied the man who had arrested them earlier. Four rifles were pointed at the men. “You feeling talkative yet?” Asked the man. “You can start with what the hell your doing in that no mans land. You boys with the reds?” “I have no idea what you’re talking about”, said Ace. “I mean”, said the man deliberately, “are you part of the rebel movement against lord Kayne?” “We don’t even know who the hell that is!” Shouted Ace.

“That is either a very stupid lie, or it’s the truth, which is also very, very unlikely”, said the man. “Do you mind telling me why you were out at the Kakathi ruins, with a jeep and weapons and excavating equipment?” “We thought it was abandoned, and wanted to research why”, said Devon. “You boys are obviously new to this galaxy, this whole planet is filled with ruins, and it’s the law to leave them alone unless you’ve got a permit. The uniforms you’re wearing don’t match the rebels though. So let me ask you one more time before I lose my temper and execute you lot. Who are you a part of?” “Galactic Alliance of Planetary Systems”, answered Ace, “we’re here on a recon mission, researching cultures and so on.” “I’ve never heard of any Galactic Alliance, I’m gonna check with command about that. Until I get word from them, you boys are gonna stay put.”

Now…
As the screen went black, Ares shouted, “battle stations everyone, notify the other ships we are about to enter into combat with an entire armada! Hold of on any launches until I give the order!” “Yes sir”, came the response from the bridge. Damn, thought Ares, this was not what I had in mind, landing here. Why the hell did grey have to go into that fucking nebula! And why wasn’t the Nebula on McTrey’s bloody map! To be exposed to Kayne already definitely wasn’t good news. Now how was he going to get to Kakathia without arousing suspicion. And on top of that, Ares was quite sure that Hedges would use this as an opportunity to kill him and make it look like an accident or enemy fire. Hedges would have to be dealt with now, rather then later. He’d barely gotten here, and time was already running out!

Haro was staring at the screen in his fathers office, trying to make sense of the dna sequences rolling over the screen, comparing them, analyzing them. The office had changed, rather quickly, seeing as his father had only left that morning. Gone were the schematics of spaceships, instead a glass case with the traditional two samurai swords was standing there, the longer katana, with under it the shorter wakizashi blade. Quite a rarity in this age of laser based weapons. What was even more unusual was that they were relatively new, not a relic like other swords you might find on display at rich people’s houses. The swords had been specially made for Haro the last time he was in Japan. What was even more unusual was that they seemed to be used, and the display itself was constructed in a way in which easy retrieval of the blades was possible.

The bookcases with worn technology books were replaced with old paintings, not a modern one amongst them. The window overlooking the city now had a large curtain for it, obscuring any light which might have come from it. The desk had a new, larger screen attached to it, the desk seemed to be there solely for work. Just one thing had remained the same, the picture of Haro, with his brother and father all looking serious was still present. The picture of the woman was gone as well. Instead, a different picture of his little brother stood there, smiling widely whilst standing in front of a tree. The face seemed carefree and it looked as though it had been taken quite some time ago, as he was quite a few years younger.

The program which was running identified traits based on dna pairs. It was unique to this galaxy, and it had been written for a specific purpose, the genesis project. The dna pairs currently running were his little brothers, his, Taban’s, Ewan’s and Warrick’s. Haro enlarged his little brother’s sequence and glanced at the smaller frame, depicting his little brother and winced. All except his had faults, causing degenerative diseases, which, if kept unchecked, would cause their bodies to destroy themselves in cataclysmic shutdowns of organs. It was a safety mechanism, deliberately put there. He knew this, because his father had written the sequences, and his father did not make mistakes, at least, none he did not want to make.
© Copyright 2007 IamDude (iamdude at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1303372-Dimensional-Wars-Chapter-Three