*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1304651-Any-Number
by Dave
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1304651
You never know who might be on the phone.
It's been a whole day since I did something really stupid. Yesterday my cell phone rang and the ID said "any Number". I picked up and the call dropped. I was in town and headed home and "any number" called again. This time the voice on the other end belonged to a 12 year old girl that was at my place along with her mother to catch and ride a couple of my horses. They were having trouble so I said I was headed home. Once we had the horses caught I related to the girl's mother what had come up on the phone. She had never seen that message and we both just shrugged it off. Later in the day I had to look at a call I had missed and saw a name that had come up twice. I guess next time I answer the phone I should remember to have the cheaters on these peepers of mine. "Any number" had magically changed to Amy Mulder, the girl's mother.
© Copyright 2007 Dave (rancher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1304651-Any-Number