*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1305457-Fat-Family-Contributions-to-81407
by Onion
Rated: 13+ · Serial · Adult · #1305457
Collection of Fat Family Contributions
SUSAN 1

Susan looked out to Greg, and thought about joining him outside.  But the day was hot, and Susan was already feeling tired from patching up Mary and walking through the house.  Her belly was heavy with the indulgence of the morning, and the idea of dragging open the back sliding glass door - which always stuck and gave problems - hauling herself out onto the deck and down the steps and then walking the hundred yards to the bottom of the large garden was unappealing.  Susan decided she'd much rather stay in the air-conditioned comfort of the house.  Besides, Greg was talking to Marcie Hampton, their skinny health-freak neighbor.  Susan held a poisonous dislike for Marcie, who was always making thinly veiled attacks on Susan's growing girth and general gluttony.  In Marcie's back yard, her athletic daughter Christie was doing somersaults and back flips, doubtless as part of the strict exercise regime her mother imposed.  At that moment, a piecing, sweet wailing noise penetrated the house - "Mommmmmmy!  Mommmm!”  It was Mary, calling from upstairs.  The plaintive cries of her own daughter ruled out going outside, which was probably for the best since Susan didn't fancy being seen by Marcie whilst she felt quite so bloated and still had some drips of Ice Cream on her clothes. 
Making her way upstairs, Susan grunted with the effort of climbing the steep stairs, and threaded her way through the narrow corridor leading to Mary's room.  The chubby child was sitting on her bed, looking very sad.  "What's the matter, Sweetie?  Does your knee still hurt?" asked Susan.  "No", said Mary, shaking her head.  "Well, what is it honey?”  "There's no sweeties in my sweetie box Mommy - they've all gone!  I'm so hungry, Mommy!" wailed Mary, shaking her plump fists in the air.  "Are you sure, sugar?  We filled up your sweetie box yesterday, don't you remember?” said Susan.  She walked over to check, but her daughter was right, the whole box had been emptied.  Susan sighed, and turned to her hefty daughter to say "Now, sweetie, you remember what your Daddy said?  That sweetie box is supposed to last for a week.  You've got to control yourself, young lady.  When you grow up like Mommy, you can't just spend all day eating sweeties!”  Susan placed her hands on her fleshy hips and frowned at Mary.  "But....but.....Mommy, I'm still hungry!" cried Mary.  "Ok, Ok, I'll get you something Mary, but that will be it until dinner time.  If I get you a snack now, you have to promise to be quiet until dinner.  Is that a fair deal?” asked Susan.  Mary's round face lit up with a grin and the cute dimples formed on her fat cheeks "Oh yes Mommy, that's lovely! I'll be quiet Mommy".  "Good," said Susan, and she turned to go back downstairs.  As she left the room and squeezed along the narrow landing to the stairs, Mary called out "Mommy, what's for dinner?”  Susan rolled her eyes and didn't answer.
Making her way down the stairs, Susan felt the ponderous weight of all the food in her belly.  The monstrous quantity of ice cream she had consumed earlier sloshed around her stomach, upsetting her balance on the steep steps.  She extended a plump arm to steady herself against the banister, and paused to check her footing.  The stairs sloped away sharply, and Susan found it a difficulty to look past her generous breasts and swollen tummy to see her feet.  She got her bearings, however, and continued to plod down the stairs carefully, each heavy footfall causing the wooden steps to creak and groan loudly under her weight, protesting audibly about the load they were carrying.  Making her way into the kitchen, Susan gathered together some bread, a jar of peanut butter, and some jelly.  Knowing that it wouldn’t be long until Mary started shouting or crying for her snack, Susan quickly made a couple of sandwiches for her daughter.  Pausing to put the Sandwiches on a plate, Susan noticed how deliciously tempting the top sandwich looked.  It truly was a perfect peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and Susan’s motherly talents had been displayed to the full in its creation.  Susan licked her lips and hesitated.  Surely Mary could make do with just one sandwich?  Surely Susan deserved a little snack after all that walking around?  Surely it was good for her daughter to learn some self-restraint and cut down on her snacks?  Susan put the plate down, and lifted the first sandwich to her mouth.  She bit into it tentatively, feeling at once the rush of pleasure and contentment that the first bite of food always gave her.  She smiled warmly, chewing contentedly on the simple treat.  Swallowing, Susan felt the sumptuous sensation of the mouthful sliding down her throat, into her cavernous stomach, filling her with happiness.  The first mouthful was always the best.  But it was never enough, and Susan devoured the remainder of the sandwich in big bites, quickly chewing and gulping it down.  Giving a little burp, Susan rubbed the soft expanse of her round and voluptuous stomach, easing her digestion.  “MOMMMMY!  Where ARE you Mommy?!  I’m waiting.  I want my snack now Mommy!” came the shout from upstairs.  “Coming, sweetie-pie, Coming!” shouted Susan.  Quickly, she brushed the crumbs off her bosom, and picked up the plate with the remaining sandwich.
Walking as quickly as she could, Susan waddled to the foot of the stairs.  It seemed like the whole afternoon had been spent going up and down these damn stairs.  Taking a deep breath, Susan set off up the steep incline.  With her hurried pace, Susan’s full thighs chafed uncomfortably, but she wanted to get this over with as quickly as possible.  Puffing and panting, she made her way about a third of the way up before coming to a stop, red-faced and out of breath.  ‘Man oh man am I getting out of shape – I used to run up these stairs when Greg and I moved in!’ thought Susan.  She swapped the plate into her left hand, and took a firm grasp of the railing with her right.  Heaving herself up, Susan got going again, and slowly hauled herself to the top of the staircase.  “Phew!” said Susan aloud.  Beads of perspiration stood out on her brow, and her chest rose and fell dramatically as she breathed heavily.  Recovering, Susan shimmied carefully along to Mary’s room, trying not to bump her broad hips or wide butt against the bookshelves that made the passageway so narrow.  “Here you go, cutie-pie!”, said Susan, presenting Mary with her sandwich.  Mary looked up at Susan angrily, “Only ONE sandwich!?  Don’t want ONE sandwich!  I want three!  I want THREEEEEE!” screamed Mary, screwing up her chubby face so hard that her little eyes vanished behind her tubby red cheeks.  “Well one is all you’re getting, Mary.  I shouldn’t even be giving you one – you’ve already eaten all of your sweeties, and that’s more than enough food for anyone.”  “But I’m hungry Mommy! So hungry”, said Mary, rubbing her protruding tummy and changing tactics, looking for sympathy now and opening her eyes wide to their cutest effect.  “Well, you can’t just eat as much as you like anytime you want, darling, that’s not what grown-ups do”, replied Susan, “you’ve got to control yourself and only eat what you really need”.  “But WHY Mommy?  Why?” wailed Mary, who was getting upset by this unusual harshness – she normally got whatever she wanted, and going hungry was not a feeling she was used to.  “Because eating too much is bad for you, Mary, and I won’t have my only daughter stuffing her face all day just because she feels like it.  Now, eat your sandwich, and make sure and be quiet until dinnertime, or there’ll be no food for you then”, said Susan, folding her arms firmly and causing her top to ride up, exposing the bottom roll of her belly.  Mary looked horrified.  She was about to burst into floods of tears and screaming, but then seemed to think better of it, and picked up her sandwich instead.  Tearing into it greedily, Mary shot her mother an angry look as Susan turned and strode briskly out of the room, her fat behind wobbling with the impacts of her feet on the hard wood flooring.

Susan felt a little surprised at herself.  Normally she would give Mary whatever she wanted.  After all, making snacks for Mary was normally a good excuse to make a little something for herself as well.  But Susan was feeling tired, heavy and sick of traversing the stairs time and again.  She wanted to plop down on the sofa and veg out for a bit to recover from the day’s hard work.  It was far too late to think of going for any job interviews, and since she wasn’t going to go outside, she decided to get out of her nice outfit that she had put on this morning.  Wandering into her own bedroom, Susan took off her smart blazer and sighed, looking at the small ice cream stain that she had made on the left lapel.  Unclipping her skirt, and taking off her top, Susan enjoyed the cool sensation of standing in her underwear.  The heat and discomfort of climbing the stairs wore off, and Susan felt much more relaxed.  Looking in her closet, Susan reflected on how many outfits she had, and how few still fit her.  Shrugging off such negative thoughts, she slipped into a comfortable pair of grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt.  The pants fit easily, and allowed Susan to feel relaxed and thin, with no pressure against her tender, full tummy to remind her of her girth and overindulgence.  The t-shirt, however, was a couple of sizes too small, and clung to her torso like a second skin.  Susan’s soft, flabby arms were cut into by the elastic arm holes, and looked like sausage links, whilst the shirt was stretched so tight over her hefty chest that the white fabric was almost transparent.  Pulled taut, the t shirt was far too short to reach the waistband of the sweatpants, and a generous portion of Susan’s large belly was left to hang out.  Susan flopped down on her bed, and flicked on the TV.  Not noticing what was on, Susan reached over to the other side of the king size bed, and pulled out a big heart-shaped box of chocolates from the bedside table, accidentally dropping the remote control off the edge of the bed as she did so.  Heaving herself onto her side and let her belly spill out onto the bed, Susan supported her head with one hand whilst popping chocolates into her mouth with the other.  She glanced at the TV to see what it was she was watching.


SUSAN 2

Chewing on a particularly gooey caramel chocolate, Susan lazily took in the program on the TV.  The screen displayed some sort of talk show, with a group of women sat on a couch and the lively show host sat in the middle, firing questions and soundbites at the participants.  Taking some interest, Susan examined the show guests.  They were a diverse bunch, but all of them were to varying degrees overweight.  Curious, Susan took a handful of candies and filled her cheeks with them, munching slowly as she watched the show.  The host was asking some kind of question to one of the women, who answered in a defiant tone.  Susan couldn’t quite hear over the sound of her own chewing, but she caught the end of the woman’s answer.  “… she think she all that coz she skinny, but she didn’t raise three kids, didn’t have to work all day long, didn’t have to do no nothing on the projects”.  Susan wasn’t quite clear what her point was, and listened more closely.  The woman was enormously obese, about twice Susan’s size, and sat with her legs spread to accommodate her vast belly.  ‘What a whale’, thought Susan, ‘I’d never let myself get that fat’, and she subconsciously sucked her gut in a little.  The presenter turned to another woman, who was more Susan’s size, and said “And I’d like us all to meet Stacy.  Stacy is a stay-at-home Mom who loves outdoor activities like hiking and skiing, but since her first born has struggled to keep the pounds off.  Tell me, Stacy, what pressures do you think there are on young moms that make them gain weight?”  “Well, I get so bored at home that eating is my main companion, it’s like something to do to fill in the time.  And when you’re tired you just don’t have the energy to do your normal activities, so you get no exercise.  I used to run around my house like crazy, but with my weight now I get out of breath so easy that I just don’t get the workout I used to.”  Nodding her head, the perky presenter probed with more questions as the overweight Stacy looked slightly uncomfortable, folding her hands nervously over her jumbo belly and answering in a quiet voice.  Susan couldn’t figure out what this Stacy was being so shy for, since she was far from being the fattest woman on the show.  But then a sharp interruption from a guest that hadn’t been on screen whilst Susan was watching revealed the source of Stacy’s fear.  The camera cut to a super-skinny blonde woman dressed in a lycra workout suit, who spoke with a sharp and cutting nasal voice.  The tagline on the bottom of the screen introduced her as Yvette Strickland – Fitness Expert.  “Excuses! Excuses!  I’m sorry but that’s all overweight people ever want!  ‘You’re too tired’ or ‘don’t have the time’, or ‘bored’.  Listen, sisters, you’ve got to realize that you’re eating your way to death, and you’ve only yourselves to blame.  I’ve raised five, fit, thin kids and I never turned into a lazy, flabby slob!  The key is discipline, self-respect and a good dose of my Super Plus Intensive Diet and Exercise Regime for Stay at Home Moms!”  Some of the overweight Moms started to argue back, but the presenter cut in “Now we all know how important it is to stay healthy for our kids – I think we can all agree that our countries most precious resource is our children – and don’t you ladies think that you’d all benefit from some of Yvette’s programmes?”.  Before anyone had a chance to answer, the presenter interrupted again, saying “Important thoughts and issues to reflect on for overweight Moms, and we’ll be right back after these messages…”.  As the programme cut to commercial, Susan thought how hideously similar Yvette was to her own neighbor, Marcia.  Still, thought Susan, swallowing a caramel cream, she’s right, those Moms should have more self-respect.  Although the programme was about people very much like Susan, she didn’t identify herself as the target of Yvette’s outburst.  Susan didn’t think of herself as the flabby house-mom she had become, and still vaguely imagined herself to be the toned and sleek young woman she had been years ago.  Shifting her bulk slightly, Susan reached over for some more chocolates to fill the commercial break.  Rhythmically her hand rose and fell, bringing chocolately treats to her ever-chewing jaws.  Lazily, Susan wondered what those chubby housefraus on the TV were eating that had made them so fat.

The show came back on air as Susan reached the half-way point in her box of chocolates.  Licking her plump fingers clean, she reclined to take in the rest of the show, sinking deeply into the bed and hearing her stomach gurgle slightly.  “Welcome back to our season special ‘Help! I’m a Fat House Mom’”, said the sparkling presenter, “we’ve been chatting with Moms who just can’t say no to that extra portion, and whose idea of a workout is baking a chocolate cake.  Helping them confront their issues has been Yvette Strickland, a fit and healthy young Mom who has made it her mission to shape up America’s obese housewives”.  She went on “Now, Yvette, you’ve helped a great many mushy-mommies get back their toned-tummies, perhaps you can tell us about your methods?”.  “I’d love to”, said Yvette, “and I think I’m right in saying that we’re going to see a film I made about the issue?”.  “Yes, we’ve got that coming right up”, said the presenter, “and perhaps you could tell us a bit about it and its message before we show it?”.  “Of course.  I really wanted to get out a message today.  And that message is not just for these poor fat women sitting here”, she gestured at the row of tubby women sitting on the couch, “but for all the fat Moms who I KNOW are out there watching this right now.  It’s a personal message, it’s not a presentation.  I know that there are people out there who need to hear it.  In my experience, most obese moms are in denial, and this video is a wake-up call on a very personal level.  I’m really hoping to reach some people who might be in their own little dream world about their problem”.  “That’s really exciting, Yvette, I can’t wait to see it!”, said the skinny presenter, “let’s roll the film!”.  As the featured video started to play, Susan idly rolled onto her back, peering at the television past the mound of her belly.  Balancing the half-empty box of chocolates on her stomach, Susan looked forward to hearing this segment of the show and munched away slothfully as the titles rolled.  The sappy power montage showed Yvette doing high-impact aerobics and running around, but soon the screen cut to a plain scene of Yvette in a room, looking straight at the camera.  “I’d like to talk today directly to you – the obese house Moms of America.  How do I know who I’m talking to?  Well, I don’t.  But if you’re watching a talk show in the middle of the afternoon, the chances are you’re one.  I know my target, and I’ve been in this business long enough to know everything about the psychology of overweight women like you.  I know that you’re sitting down on a big sofa or lying on your bed dressed like a slob, and I know that you’re either munching a snack right now, or thinking of going and getting one”.  Susan stopped chewing.  “I know what you’re thinking.  You’re thinking that I just guessed that, and that even thin people watch daytime TV and have snacks”.  Susan stared hard at the television, and reached for the remote control to turn it off before this horrible woman could say anything more.  But the remote was not on the bed.  Struggling to get up to find it, the chocolate box fell off Susan’s belly, and she slumped back to try and stop the chocolate treats falling all over the bed-covers.  The television played on “I know that you’re a fat mom, because thin moms will have left the room by now or changed channel.  You’re sitting there, probably reaching for the remote control but finding it just outside of your reach, you’ve given up, and you’re just sitting there because you know you need to hear what I have to say”.  Slowly hauling herself up, Susan propped her back up against the headboard of the bed, and looked down on her bulging belly and it’s thick rolls of fat.  Her eyes scanned down to her chunky thighs, their rounded outline clearly displayed even through the large sweatpants.  Sucking her belly in hard, Susan reminded herself that she wasn’t a fat mom at all, and was just a little less in shape than she had been.  But then Yvette hit another home run, “You’re looking down on your body right now, asking yourself whether you’re really that fat.  You’ve probably pulled in your big tummy and tried to convince yourself that I’m talking to someone else.  But I’m not.  I’m talking to you”.  Susan was so transfixed by the nemesis on the television that she’d stopped thinking about turning it off, she’d even stopped thinking about reaching for another chocolate.

MARY 1

"Shh Tummy!" said Mary, as her belly growled loudly. Mary wanted to get clothes, but her stomach wouldn't stop rumbling. Battling her stomach's wishes was not Mary's strong point, and soon she gave into the hunger pains. "Mommy, let's eat, please?", Mary pleaded. "Ok honey, we'll get you a little something and then go clothes shopping", said Susan.

Susan pulled the car into the parking lot of a fast food joint that Mary particularly liked. The Happy Tomato was a colorful restaurant that served giant burgers. Although targetted at kids, there was nothing kiddie sized about the portions. Mary pressed her nose up against the car window, staring transfixed at the restaurant and dreaming of the delicious food she'd soon be eating. Breakfast was always Mary's favourite meal of the day, and she liked nothing more than a big plate of burgers and fries, washed down by a couple of milkshakes to start the day with. Mary tried to unbuckle herself but her belly fat spilled out over the belt and kept the buckle out of her reach. Susan opened the car door, and leaned over to help her plump daughter unfasten herself. Mary clambered out of the car and ran as fast as her bulk would permit towards the automatic doors of the restaurant. Susan smiled and walked after her - she knew how happy Mary would be to get a good meal in her, and thought how cute it was the pleasure her little daughter got from her food.

Inside, Mary hauled herself onto a seat and breathlessly told Susan what to order. "I want a triple-stacked mega burger with cheese and bacon, mega fries, jumbo onion rings...and...and....a chocolate milkshake!" said the tubby toddler. Susan grinned and said "Are you sure that's enough, honey? Nothing else you want?" Mary looked seriously at the menu and then shook her head - this should do for breakfast. Susan went up to order, and feeling a bit hungry ordered a breakfast platter for herself. As she waited for the food, Susan looked around the restaurant. There were several other mothers with their kids. Quite a few of the young kids were chubby, and some were downright fat. Across from where Mary was sitting, Susan saw a little girl of about six who was hypnotized by her food and forcing huge chunks of pizza into her gaping mouth. The girl's arms were so fat, she had trouble bending them to reach her mouth. The child's mother carefully cut up bits of pizza for her obese daughter to consume. On the other side of the restaurant, a chubby boy gorged himself on a juicy hamburger whilst his mom came up to order more food. "Morning" said the woman as she approached "Hi" said Susan. "Gosh, the kids just love this place, don't they? My name's Rebecca by the way, and that," she gestured to her son who was now cramming fries into his mouth, "is my boy Dan". "Nice to meet you. I'm Susan and Mary over there is my daughter" said Susan pointing at Mary who was kicking her legs impatiently. "They do really nice food here, and the kids just adore it. And it's so healthy - all the food is organic and not that processed junk you see kids eating. Have you been before?" asked Rebecca. "Oh, many times! Mary thinks its great here, she loves getting a good breakfast". "I know what you mean" replied Rebecca, "Dan always asks to come here. We come about three times a week. It's a little treat today because I'm taking Dan to shop for new clothes, and he hates that!". "No way! I'm taking Mary clothes shoppping too!" exclaimed Susan, "where are you guys going?". "Oh Dan's quite big for his age, it can be difficult getting stuff to fit him. He's a well-built kid and most stores don't stock clothes for kids as muscley as he is. Sometimes I get the teen sizes and shorten them at home. Say, when you get your food, why don't you come over and join us?" replied Rebecca. "Sure thing" said Susan, and turned to pay the cashier and pick up their massive breakfast.

Walking over to Mary, Susan said "come on Mary, I've got the food and we're going to sit with some nice people over there". Mary plopped off her chair and toddled along after Susan, mouth watering with anticipation for her food. Susan put the tray of food down on the table in front of Dan, and helped Mary onto her seat. Mary was drooling a little as she looked at her meal, but she looked up to take in the sight of the boy at the table. "Hello. My name is Mary", she said. "Harro...*gulp*...I'mf...*chew*...Ban, ahem, Dan", said the boy through mouthfuls of hamburger. Just then, Rebecca came up with a giant bowl of cheesy nachos, which she placed in front of the tubby tots. The boy's fat hand shot out to grab some, but Rebecca tutted him "Now Dan, offer some to our guest Mary". Dan looked annoyed, but offerred Mary the bowl. Mary wasn't really paying attention anymore, as she was trying to reach across to her own meal. The two Moms thought it was cute, and smiled at each other as they stood looking down on their bloated offspring.

"Shall we eat?" said Susan, indicating her own breakfast platter.



MARY 2

"Yes, let's eat!" said Rebecca.

Sitting down, the two Moms fell to chatting. The kids were both in their own little worlds, eating happily and taking loud slurps from their milkshakes. Rebecca told Susan that Dan was five years old, and had always been very big for his age, since he liked sports so much and was so strong. Susan didn't know quite whether to believe this, since as far as she could see, the boy was as soft as butter and didn't seem to have any muscle on him at all. Still, she didn't like to comment, and told Rebecca how Mary had always be a tall girl and seemed to be undergoing a prolonged growth spurt that meant she needed new clothes very frequently. Looking over at Mary's sundress, Rebecca certainly believed she needed new clothes. The yellow fabric clung like lycra to Mary's distended belly and revealed every curve and roll on the plump toddler's fat body. Both mothers sighed happily to themselves, inwardly thinking that their own child was perfect and that the others was entirely too fat.

Susan ate her own breakfast platter quickly, and finished about the same time as Mary. Rebecca ate from the big bowl of nachos, sharing them with her son. Dan had been looking grumpy about all the people eating his nachos, and at last couldn't hold in his frustration "Mommy, let ME have the nachos! I'm hungry! You shouldn't eat the nachos mommy! The nachos are MINE!" he screeched. "Ha ha, honey, there's plenty left for you, Mommy has to eat something too" laughed Rebecca. "No! Nachos are for me, they give me muscles and make me strong! Nachos make you fat, mommy!" shouted the boy. Rebecca went red and looked slightly ashamed "Yes, honey buns, you're right. You can have the rest of them" she said quietly, and pushed to bowl into the hands of the boy who was smiling greedily. Susan looked puzzled and felt a bit uncomfortable as she looked down on her own clean plate that had been piled high with fatty foods. Both Rebecca and Susan were silent, and both were aware that they were fairly hefty women. About the same age and size, both Moms had big bellies and wide bottoms of their own. Still, Susan was shocked that Rebecca's son should use his Mom's weight against her. Mary would never do that.

Dan noisily finished the nachos, and the two toddlers sat with glazed expressions on their faces after their gorging. Mary had spilled onto her sundress and her face was covered in grease and sauce. Dan leaned back, causing his t-shirt to ride up well above the waistline of his shorts, revealing his gigantic round belly that protruded far out in front of him. Wiping Mary's face, Susan said "Right you two, we need to get you some new clothes now that you've had your breakfasts!". "Yes", said Rebecca, "and we're going to try Jumbo Tots Parade first, so let's get going!"

MARY 3

The two Moms led their kids off to their cars. The toddlers walked slowly, heavy with the weight of their giant breakfasts. Susan had to loosen Mary's car-seat belt another notch to get it to close. Getting in, Susan drove off, following Rebecca's red SUV out onto the highway.

"Mommy", said Mary, "was that boy...fat?". "What a funny thing to ask, honey, why do you say that?" replied Susan in surprise. "I don't know mommy. He looked like Porky the Pig on tv, and he's fat". Susan laughed and then stopped herself "Now, don't say that to him Mary, that's not a very nice thing to say". "But he was fat, wasn't he mommy?" persisted Mary. "Yes, honey, he's a very fat little boy, but don't be mean to him just because he's so big". "I won't be mean, mommy" said Mary.

Soon they were at Jumbo Tots Parade. Meeting up with Rebecca and Dan, they made their way into the store. Over at customer services, two teenage sales assistants saw them come in through the entrance. "Oh, god, look at these ones!" breathed one girl to the other "great, another couple of heifers with their piglets" replied the other, and she walked over to greet the Moms. "Hi and welcome to Jumbo Tots Parade, how can I help you today?" the thin teen girl asked. "Hello, yes, we're looking for some new summer outfits for these two little guys" said Rebecca. "Why hello there" said the girl, smiling at the two bulging children, "aren't you just adorable" and she patted Mary on the cheek. "It can be quite hard getting the right size clothes for Dan here" said Rebecca, holding her son by his shoulder, "do you have any clothes for very muscled kids like him?". Holding in a snigger, the sales girl replied "Oh yes, I'm sure we have something. I can see he's a very husky little guy. Do you play a lot of football, sweetie?" she said, kneeling down be on Dan's level. The boy shook his head from side to side "No, I don't like running" he said. "Hahah, how sweet" said the girl. "Well, let me point you to the fa...I mean the husky section".


MARY 4

Walking over to the Husky section, they made their way through the rest of the store. Most of the kids were skinny and lean, and some whispered to their moms as the two fat toddlers waddled past. With their bellies full of food, both kids felt very heavy and slow, and didn't like to hurry. Rebecca had to push Dan along when he wanted to sit down and have a rest.

At last, in the husky section, they were alone. No other moms were over here, and the rows of big kids outfits were empty. "Mom, I'm bored" said Dan. "Can we go now?". "No, honey, we need to get you new shirts and shorts and pants. Now, take your tshirt off so I can measure you, and you can try some things on". Dan yawned, but took his shirt of like he was asked. His exposed belly was almost perfectly round, and it shone in the bright store lights like an inflated balloon. His arms were pushed out slightly and hung by his sides, drooping down from his round shoulders. Rebecca pulled out a tape measure from her bag and kneeled down to measure him. Wrapping the measure around the boy's tummy, Rebecca took a note of the size and whistled "Wow, honey, that's another inch on your waist since last time we were here! Looks like you'll need to go up a size or two. You must really be getting to be a big, strong boy! Here, lets try on some shirts" and she led him away. Dan followed, his globular belly bouncing up a down as he walked.

Susan and Mary went off in search of a new sundress to replace the skin-tight one Mary was wearing. Susan looked through the rows of clothes, but none of the sundresses came in a size large enough to fit Mary. Eventually, she found one that was close in size. Mary pulled it on, but the size of her bulging tummy made it quite impossible to zip up. "Wait here, sugar, I'm just going to get an assistant" said Susan, and she walked off. Mary waited for a moment, then wandered back to the boy's section to see what Dan and Rebecca were doing. She found them, and peered out from behind a clothes stand to watch without being seen. Mary saw that Dan was still trying on shirts. None of the ones he tried were both long enough and wide enough to cover his belly. Either the shirt would fit but be far too long, or it would be right in length but far too tight around the boy's tummy. Trying on yet another shirt, Dan said "Mom, this is boring. When will we get lunch? I want pizza." "Hush now, honey, we need to get you some clothes, you know that. But for being such a good boy, I'll give you a candy". Rebecca produced a Twinkie from her bag, and held it just out of Dan's reach, the boy looked ravenously at the candy, reaching out for it, but Rebecca said "not until we've got your clothes, then you can have a treat for being good". The boy looked sad, but pulled off the too-tight shirt and tried on another one, which fit past his beach-ball sized belly, but also reached to the floor it was so long. At that moment, Mary was startled by her Mom, who said "There you are! I told you to stay put. Well, we've got a nice sales assistant here to help you find a dress"


MARY 5

Following her mother, Mary heard Susan and the sales girl talking. "...yes it can be hard to get fitting clothes. But I'm sure we have something for her. They just don't make enough in the husky range for girls so young, I'm afraid, but we'll find something I'm sure". Mary spotted a pink dress, and said "Oh Mommy, that one, that one!". "No dear", said the sales girl, "that dress is for normal little girls. Your dresses are over here, and she strode on. Mary wondered what she'd meant by "normal" girls, wasn't she a "normal" girl?

Arriving back in the girls husky section, the sales girl said "I don't know the exact size we're looking for, but I think that something elasticated is your best bet. We do have some in the pre-teen range that I think you'd like to look at". "That sounds fine, anything really that will fit her and last more than a month would be nice" said Susan, sounding slightly stressed. The sales assistant hurried off and was soon back with a pile of dresses. Looking on, Susan and the sales girl watched as Mary tried them on. None of them could zip up or buckle and some of them couldn't even fit past Mary's waist as she pulled them on. After an hour of trying things, the exasperated sales girl suggested trying something other than a dress. Getting desperate to clothe her little girl, Susan agreed. The girl came back with a pair of elasticated shorts and said "these are the largest shorts we do for girls, and the elastic is good, so their should be plenty of tummy room". Mary pulled them on, but when she got them up to her waist, they barely fit around her swollen tummy. "How's that sweety?" asked the shop girl. "Mommy, it hurts! It hurts my tummy!" answered Mary. Susan looked helplessly at the sales girl. The teenager sighed and said "There's one more thing to try, I'll be right back". Soon she returned with another pair of shorts, but these were grey and not at all girly. "These are actually from the boys husky range", the girl explained, "but they're a great fit and a quality garment. Even the biggest bellied boys feel comfortable in them". Mary didn't like them a bit, but when she tried them on they were a good fit, snug but not too tight. The giant waistline was made from very stretchy elastic, and Susan guessed that Mary would take some time to outgrow them. "But mommy, I want a dress! I don't want to be like an icky BOY!" cried Mary. "I know, sweetie, but this is the best we can do for now. They've got the wrong type of dresses here for you, I'm afraid. Now, lets just pick up some t-shirts for you and then we can get going. I wonder how Rebecca and Dan are getting on?".



MARY 6

Feeling tired after the lengthy fitting session, Susan led Mary over to the boys section to try and find Rebecca and Dan. Spotting them over by the Super Plus Size section of the boys clothes, Susan called out "How's it going there Rebecca? Find what you needed?". Rebecca also looked a little tired when she answered "Oh, it's been a battle, but I think we've got the little guy sorted out". Dan emerged from behind a clothes stand wearing grey shorts and a button-up shirt. The buttons looked a little strained around his belly, but not dangerously so. "He's wearing the same shorts as ME!" said Mary. Dan looked mildly surprised, and tried to look down at his shorts, but couldn't see anything past his vast stomach that hung heavily over the waistband of his super large elasticated shorts. Shrugging, he returned his attention to unwrapping the twinkie that his mother had just given him. "How about you?" asked Rebecca. "A real nightmare, they didn't have anything that we liked, and Mary is very picky about patterns. We tried on lots of dresses but none of them were quite right for her. So in the end we settled for these shorts - they should do until we find a quality sun dress for her" lied Susan. She couldn't believe that Mary could possibly need the same size of shorts as the super-fat Dan. That was impossible.

They all walked together to the cashier to pay for the kids' clothes. More than two hours after their giant breakfast, the kids' bellies had started to lose their bloated firmness. Walking together, the two toddlers looked like little balls of jello. Their fat tummies had returned to their normal softness now that they weren't stretched out with food. They both jiggled furiously as they walked along behind their moms, trying to keep up on their chubby little legs. Mary's soft body fat wobbled in every direction, whilst Dan's belly bounced up and down frantically as he waddled. Reaching the sales desk, the moms paid. Leaning over the counter, the teen assistant smiled at the children and said "I've got a special gift for our little customers" and she presented them both with giant lollipops "I hope we see you both again real soon!" she beamed. As the two moms led the kids away, slurping on their lollipops, the sales girl whispered to her colleague "I think we'll be seeing those little piggies back here in no time!.



MARY 7

With their table piled high with fresh food, the toddlers resumed eating as though they hadn’t been fed for days, and seemed to forget about the giant meals they’d already consumed.  Mary took fistfuls of nachos and chomped them down, pausing for lengthy slurps on her mega-sized chocolate milkshake before switching back to her hamburger, struggling to hold the giant triple-stacked bun in her young hands.  Dan ate even faster than Mary, eating rhythmically and without stopping he progressed from one dish to another, pouring the food down his throat without respite.  As he ate, the fat little boy started to gasp for air between mouthfuls, and his mother leaned over to undo the button on the toddler’s shorts.  The waistband was lost under his bulging belly, and Rebecca had to find the button by feel alone.  Finding it, she released the constricting shorts from her son’s swollen waistline.  Dan looked a little relieved and started to eat more quickly still.  As the ballooning tot gorged himself, his already jumbo tummy started to swell visably under the pressure of the onslaught of food.  Eating and eating, both toddlers became more and more red and swollen, but still they consumed and munched whatever they could reach.  Both moms had to pass the food to their little babies, since Mary and Dan could no longer lean forward far enough past their drum-tight bellies to grab new treats for their gaping maws. 
At last, Mary seemed to sate her enormous hunger, and leaned back in her chair, looking like a small sea mammal.  Her sun dress was stretched horribly out of shape, with Mary’s immense and bulging tummy clearly visable through the now-transparent fabric.  Dan, however, showed no signs of stopping.  The gluttonous toddler had slumped back in his seat, and had pulled up his shirt to ease the pressure on his engorged abdomen.  His roly-poly arms hung by his sides, and he made faint grunting noises to indicate that his mother should keep passing food to his open mouth.  Rebecca dipped another cheesy nacho into sour cream, covering it thickly, and then added a huge dollop of guacamole before placing it into Dan’s salivating jaws.  Waving his fat arms slightly, Dan moaned something and gazed greedily at a giant slice of pizza that was still left of the table amid the ruins of the gigantic meal.  As Rebecca reached for it, Dan’s stomach gurgled violently, and the stuffed tot let out a gigantic belch.  Looking slightly puzzled and uncomfortable for a moment, Dan soon returned his gaze to the thick slice of pepperoni pizza that his mom was passing towards him.  Rolling his eyes back in a moment of ecstasy, the enormous toddler took a huge bite and swallowed greedily.  As he did so, a change in his expression indicated that not all was well.  His already ruddy cheeks went even redder, and beads of perspiration started to form on his brow.  “What’s wrong sweetie-pie?” asked his Mom.  “Mmmgh” said Dan, unable to speak.  Looking concerned, Rebecca put her hand on her son’s forehead and felt the heat there.  “Ohhhhhh, Mommy.......” mumbled the boy, grabbing his inflated stomach with both of his chubby hands.  “Owww, owww....ow!  My tummy, my tummy!” he moaned.  “Oh, honey buns, what’s the matter!”, cried Rebecca, “would you like a little of your milkshake to sooth your tummy?”  “Nooooooo, nooo food!  Nooo.  Owwwwwww”, gasped Dan, groaning with discomfort as he cradled his vast paunch in his hands.
Mary observed the boy curiously.  She wasn’t much aware of what had been going on around her.  She’d not paid much attention to Dan after the food had arrived, and hadn’t really noticed that he had continued eating long after her.  But, staring out in a food-drugged state, she dimly saw his discomfort now.  Mary didn’t think that the boy had overeaten – as far as she knew, all toddlers ate like her – but she did notice how very large the boy’s belly was.  It was much bigger than hers, she thought, looking down at her puffed-up middle and then comparing it with the hulking ball that made the boy look almost spherical. 
“Oh no, my dear little baby, oh you’re soo brave sweetie-pie!” whined Rebecca as she tried to comfort the groaning infant.  “Looks like you overfed the little darling” said Susan, trying hard to keep the note of smug satisfaction out of her voice.  She’d secretly been disappointed when her daughter had stopped eating before Dan, but at least Mary knew when she was full and didn’t have eyes bigger than her belly.  Dan had turned a pale shade of green by now, and was blubbing silently to himself, tenderly rubbing his tummy.  Rebecca stood over him, full of motherly concern and promising him lots of candy and cakes when he got better.  For once, the obese little monster didn’t seem to appreciate the promise of more food.
Susan stood up, and helped Mary struggle down from her chair.  “Right, we’d better get going, are you coming with us to the clothes store, Rebecca?”



MARY 8

“Yes, we’ll come along, but hold on a moment.  Do you think you can walk OK, Danny?” asked Rebecca.  The green-faced boy shook his head weakly, his tummy was hurting too much for him to even think about walking all the way out to the car.  “Oh dear, sweetie.  I can go and get the stroller for you, if you’d like that instead?” Rebecca said in a worried voice.  Nodding faintly, the boy belched loudly and looked on the point of throwing up.  “Could you mind him whilst I go and get the stroller out of the car?” asked Rebecca.  “Sure, Ok.  We’ll look after Dan whilst you’re away” said Susan, slightly irritated by the hold up.  Already running behind schedule because of the extra-long breakfast demanded by the kids, Susan didn’t want to lose any more time because of Dan’s overindulgence.  “Thanks” said Rebecca, and she  jogged off as fast as she could to the parking lot, her own belly and breasts bouncing heavily with the motion.  Just as she left the restaurant, Dan let out another whimper.  Susan turned to the boy and said “I’m sure you’ll be fine.  You shouldn’t eat so much so fast, Daniel.  It’s not good for you.  Greedy little boys get stomach aches to punish them.  Maybe you’ve learned a little lesson today, hmm?” tutted Susan, slightly repelled by the obese child’s huge appetite and revolting eating habits.  Dan looked very sorry for himself, and sobbed quietly into his chest as he massaged his belly to ease the stomach pains.

Rebecca returned pushing a stroller that looked far too flimsy to support her jumbo toddler.  She was gasping and wheezing for breath after jogging to and from the car.  Perspiration had caused her white shirt to stick to her, and as she turned the many jelly rolls of her back fat were visible.  Susan shifted uncomfortably at the sight – she knew she was about the same size as Rebecca, and did not like to be reminded of her own flabby back.  “Now, Danny, do you think you can make it down from the chair?” Rebecca panted, still catching her breath.  The chunky boy whined faintly, but with an effort dropped himself down from the seat, groaning with the bump as his feet hit the ground.  “Very good, sweetie, Mommy’s so proud”, said Rebecca, “now just sit down in the stroller and Mommy will take you to the car”.  The queasy boy manoeuvred his round body so that he could back into the stroller seat.  Struggling to see behind himself, Dan sat down harder than he intended.  His fat bottom popped between the struts of the stroller, and he narrowly squeezed into the confined stroller seat.  The buggy had clearly been designed for much younger and slimmer kids, and it bowed alarmingly under Dan’s heavy weight, creaking loudly in protest.  “Excellent, honey, you’re such a big, brave boy”, cooed Rebecca.  Susan rolled her eyes.  Rebecca took up handles of the buggy, and with a heavy grunt started to push her gigantic toddler out of the Happy Tomato.  Susan followed on, but when she looked behind her, she saw that Mary had only gone a few steps before stopping.  “What’s the matter, Mary?” asked Susan.  “Can’t walk so far, mommy.  Carry me?”.  “What do you mean?  Of course you can walk it sweetie, come on” replied Susan.  But Mary only took a few more heavy steps forwards before burping and looking pleadingly at her mother.  “Please mommy, please.  I feel too heavy to walk.  Please, mommy, I’m so full, I can’t.  I can’t walk that far, my legs will fall off”.  “Ok, ok, just this once.  But no more of this nonsense when we get to the store, young lady”.  Susan went back to her daughter and heaved her onto her shoulder.  “Gosh, you’re getting heavy, Missy.  We might have to cut back on these big breakfasts!”  Mary didn’t seem to hear, and smiled happily as Susan puffed and panted her way to their car, staggering under Mary’s hefty bulk.  Putting Mary down, Susan unlocked the car and indicated for Mary to get into her child seat.  But try as she might, the chubby little girl couldn’t pull herself up into the car, and Susan had to push her round rump to help her  in.  Letting out the seat belt by another notch, Susan fastened it around Mary’s taut stomach.  “Ok, stay here honey, I’m going to see how Rebecca is doing”.  Susan closed the door and wandered over to Rebecca’s SUV.  Both mom’s were red-faced and flustered by the effort of shifting their bulky offspring around, and they stood together breathing hard for a moment.  “Phew, I really need to get back in shape one of these days,” puffed Rebecca, “just pushing little Danny around has made me out of breath”.  Resting her hands on her generous love handles, Rebecca looked to Susan, who was just as out of shape and was saying “Yes, I know what you mean.  I used to be so fit, but now even carrying Mary makes me tired, and she’s just a tiny toddler!”  “Well, let’s get going to the store – you lead on and I’ll follow” said Rebecca.


MARY 9

Susan turned off the highway into the parking lot of Jumbo Tots Parade.  She looked back into the car and saw that Mary was sound asleep.  “Oh great” said Susan.  The flabby infant was snuffling quietly as she slept, her pudgy hands folded over her food-engorged belly.  Susan didn’t like to wake Mary, and knew that if she did, then the shopping trip would be a nightmare, with Mary being grumpy and tired all the time.  Getting out of the car, Susan walked over to where Rebecca was parking.  She was about to explain to Rebecca that she wasn’t so sure about going shopping anymore.  But when Rebecca climbed out of her big SUV, she pre-empted Susan and said “Danny’s dropped off to sleep, bless him, and I’m not so sure about waking him up”.  Looking into the back, Susan could see the round boy slumbering with his mouth gaping open in a wide ‘o’.  “How’s he feeling?” asked Susan.  “Oh, I think he’ll be alright.  Must have been something a little off in some of that food, but he’s a strong boy and it won’t affect him for long” answered Rebecca.  “Well, Mary’s fallen asleep too.  Nothing like a healthy meal to put kids to sleep, eh?” replied Susan, “ And I don’t like to wake her, she needs her naps or she gets very grumpy.”  “Oh, tell me about it,” said Rebecca, “Dan is such a little monster if you wake him up.  Both of these sweet little guys seem to have such healthy appetites that you don’t want to overtire them after they’ve eaten such a good meal”.  “Well, I guess that more or less kills of the shopping trip” sighed Susan.  “Yes, seems a shame, Danny so needed some new shorts...” reflected Rebecca.  “Well, I could stay and guard the kids, and you could go in to the store and try to pick out some by yourself, and then we could swap so I could get some for Mary?” suggested Susan.  “Thanks for the offer, but without trying things on, it’s almost impossible to know what will fit Dan.  He’s such a big strong kid that most clothes don’t fit him”.  “Fair point, I wouldn’t like to try to guess Mary’s size without her being there” said Susan.  “Say, it sure seems a shame to part like this.  I was thinking,” said Susan “about what you were saying about getting in shape.  I’ve got an aerobics video back at home that I haven’t used in years, and I was thinking of giving it a go this evening.  But, since the afternoon is now free, I thought maybe of going home and doing that now.  You’d be very welcome to join me, or just come back for some coffee?”  “That would be great, Susan, I’d love to do that!  I haven’t done any aerobics since before Danny was born, it would do me good to get back into it.  Trouble is, I’d have to find somewhere to babysit Danny...” Rebecca trailed off.  “Not at all, why not bring him over too?  I’m sure he and Mary can play in the garden while we work out.” Said Susan, excited by the prospect of an exercise-buddy.  “Now that’s a good idea.  But I do need to go home to pick up my workout leotard first” replied Rebecca eagerly.  “Excellent, I’ll give you directions to my house.....and here’s my phone number” said Susan, writing it all down on a scrap of notepaper she produced from her tote bag.  “Hopefully by the time you get to our house, the kids will have had their little nap and be ready to play!” said Susan.  “Great!, I’ll get going then!  See you in a couple of hours!” replied Rebecca as she hopped back into her car.


MARY 10

The doorbell rang loudly.  “Ah, that’ll be Rebecca!” said Susan,  putting down the aerobics video she’d just looked out.  Bustling past Mary, who had woken up some time ago and was now lying on floor, watching TV, Susan opened the front door.  “There you are, right on time!  And you too, Dan!  How are you feeling now?  A little less full, I hope!”.  Dan nodded, he seemed to have got much better, and the half-eaten Snickers bar in his left hand suggested he’d overcome his momentary feeling of nausea.  “Well, come in, come in!” exclaimed Susan, and she showed Rebecca and Dan through to the barbecue deck in the back garden.  “Mary! Mary, come here and say hello to Dan” shouted Susan.  Mary toddled through from the TV, and waved to Dan.  The boy said a muffled “hello” through a mouthful of candy.  “Mommy, may I have a chocolate bar too?” asked Mary, apparently believed that Susan had given the Snickers to Dan.  “Of course sweetie, Mommy will be right back with it and with coffee for the Mommies”, said Susan, who went back into the house to bring out a tray of drinks.  Returning, she gave Mary a large Snickers Bar, and, seeing that Dan had obviously recovered his appetite, presented him with another Snickers bar too.  “I hope you don’t mind, I just wouldn’t want Dan to feel left out” said Susan to Rebecca as the boy happily unwrapped the new Snickers bar whilst cramming the remains of his first one into his mouth.  “No, not at all.  It’s so nice to see the kids eating so well.  You can’t scrimp on good nutrition, it’s just too important whilst the little tykes are growing up!”.
“Mary, why don’t you take Dan through to the living room to play, whilst we Mommies talk and have coffee?” said Susan.  “Okay Mommy” said Mary, and she led Dan away, grasping one of his chubby hands in hers.  “Looks like they’ll get along great” said Rebecca.  “Yes, Mary gets along well with most kids, she’s such a sweet kid” replied Susan.  “Now, I’ve just looked out the aerobics tape – blown the dust off it too”, the women laughed, “and I thought after a cup of coffee we could get changed and have a go at it.  There’s a gym downstairs that my husband uses, but we’ll want to use the living room since it’s got a bigger TV and we can keep an eye on the kids.”  “Sounds like a great plan” said Rebecca, taking a sip of her coffee.

Through in the living room, Dan and Mary had sat down on the floor to watch the TV.  Both tots sat motionless, watching the bright cartoons flickering on the screen.  Chewing away contentedly, both munched through their candy bars and paid little attention to one another.  When he’d finished his snack, Dan shifted his tubby body and lay down on his front, his round belly acting as a big cushion as he stared up at the screen with his head supported by his hands.  Mary looked at him, and copied his actions, checking to see that she had it right and looked like him.  After a while, the kids heard Susan call through from the deck “Ok you two, we’re going upstairs to get changed, so just play nicely for a few minutes.”  Dan and Mary heard the stairs creaking loudly as the two hefty Moms struggled up them.  They paid little attention and continued to stare blankly at the TV.  Dan eventually  looked at Mary and said “Do you have more candy?”.  “No” said Mary, thinking sadly of her empty Sweetie Box, “but Mommy will give us more.  Are you hungry?”.  “Yes, I’m starving” said the fat toddler, rolling onto his back and patting his tummy – which stood up like a mountain from his torso – for emphasis.  Just then, the stairs started to groan and creak as the Moms heavily plodded down them.

Walking into the living room, the two Moms looked quite different.  Both had changed into leotards for their workout.  It was clear that both women had bought their work out clothes years ago when they had had much slimmer figures.  “Gosh, I didn’t think I’d gotton so big” said Susan, squirming slightly in her tight leotard, and placing her hands on her meaty backside.  “I know what you mean” said Rebecca, staring down at her sagging tummy and bulging love handles, all prominently outlined by a leotard that was even more strained than Susan’s.  The two bloated house moms walked over to their tubby children.  Scooping Mary up, Susan said “Come on, no more television.  The mommies need to watch their video now, darling.  You and Dan play in the corner.”  “You too, Dan”, said Rebecca, helping her obese toddler to his feet.  Both tots waddled over to the corner, and looked puzzled as their Mommies cleared the center of the room.  Susan bent over to put the tape in the machine, displaying her enormous bum and thick thighs to the room.  “Oomph” said Susan, standing up, “that should start in a moment”.  Rebecca nodded, shifting slightly out of the way to give Susan room as she walked back from the TV.  Rebecca’s big belly quivered as she moved, shaking flabbily with each tiny movement.

The TV burst into life as the video started to play.  Loud, blaring music filled the room, and a sport young woman dressed in a sleek leotard that showed off her toned body leapt onto the screen.  The girl sported a manic smile and blindingly white teeth, and almost at once started shouting enthusiastic advice to her televisual audience, whilst leaping madly around the screen.  “Ok, girls, let’s hit the max burn with hi-five power!!!” she exclaimed, and promptly sprang into a series of energetic star jumps.  Giggling slightly, and looking nervous, the two Moms tried to follow the hyper aerobics instructor.  Throwing themselves into the air as far as they could manage, Susan and Rebecca started to do star jumps.  The floor shook with the impact of the heavy Moms, and their lycra-clad flesh wobbled madly.  Susan’s portly derriere was out of control, bouncing up and down with each movement.  Rebecca’s heavy belly wobbled erratically, threatening to throw her off balance.  Puffing furiously, the unfit women did about five star jumps in the time it had taken the presenter to do twenty.  But now the music had changed, and the brightly-smiling youth had started doing a whole new exercise.  “Ok ladies, let’s do some step-up work!  Feel the burn, yeah! Yeah, Yeah!” she shouted, pumping the air with her fists.  “Oh dear, we don’t have steppers” said Susan.  “No.....*puff*....matter...*wheeze*...” gasped Rebecca “we can just lift our legs in rhythm”.  As the perky instructor bobbed up and down on her stepper, Rebecca and Susan lifted one leg up and then the other.  Susan found her chunky legs hard to hold up, they were so heavy.  Rebecca had thinner legs, but her big tummy kept getting in the way of her attempts to lift up her legs.  As they wore out, the women took a brief break sweating heavily and breathing hard.  Turning down the volume of the TV, Susan and Rebecca suddenly noticed a new noise over the sound of the loud rock soundtrack and the hammering of their own heartbeats.  The two toddlers were laughing uproariously in the corner.  Convulsed by silent hysterics, Dan had fallen to the floor, pointing at the two tubby Moms, his eyes screwed up with laughter.  Mary was chuckling loudly, and had not lost the power of speech “What are you DOING Mommy?!  You look so funny!”

Susan and Rebecca turned on the laughing toddlers.


MARY 11

Gasping for air, Susan stared angrily at her laughing daughter.  Rebecca looked cross too, but was bent double trying to catch her breath.  Recovering first, Susan placed her hands on her heavily padded hips, and said “Right, little Miss, if you think it’s so funny, you can come and join in too!”.  Rebecca straightened and said curtly to her son “You too, young man!  Get over here and see how easy you find it!”  Both Moms were glowing red with exertion, but they were both a bit cross with their children for laughing at their pathetic attempt to exercise.  Still smiling furtively, the two toddlers shuffled over to their moms in the middle of the room.    Stepping apart, Susan and Rebecca made room for the children between them.  “Ok kids, if you think this easy, then follow what the lady does on the screen and copy her” said Susan, reaching down to press the “Play” button on the VCR.

At once the television started blaring out loud music, and the hyper-fit presenter bounced back on screen.  Smiling as widely as ever, she shouted out loud encouragements to her audience and instantly started kicking her legs high in the air, raising her feet up to near-head height.  Susan and Rebecca started to copy the woman.  Or at least they tried too.  Susan’s thunder thighs were far too weighty and inflexible to get far, and she managed only small kicks, her fat legs chafing as they rubbed together.  Rebecca did slightly better, managing quite decent kicks.  The two tots thought kicking was easy, and they did their best.  Mary’s chubby thighs were like little miniatures of her mother’s thick legs, and she couldn’t kick them up very high.  But she was young and more flexible than her mother.  Dan had fairly fat legs, but his bulging belly made it hard for him to get them up very high as he kicked.  At the end of the first exercise, Dan was sweating and breathing hard, but Mary didn’t seem too out of breath.  As the music changed yet again, the presenter reappeared with a skipping rope, and started to jump rope fast.  “Ok, let’s just jump in time, since we don’t have a rope” said Susan.  The floor groaned noisily as the two women crashed down on it after each jump.  The double impact of their heavy bodies shook the whole room, and plates rattled in the dresser whilst books fell out of the bookshelves behind them.  Mary and Dan were slightly frightened by the loud crashes as their Moms jumped up and down.  Trying her best, Mary managed to follow about half of the exercise, hopping up like she sometimes did to reach cookies on the worktop.  Dan, already tired from the first exercise, made only feeble efforts to jump.  His heavy weight and flabby muscles kept him firmly on the ground, and he couldn’t manage more than one tiny jump before running out of energy.  By the end of the five minute exercise, both Moms were perspiring heavily, their faces glowing red with effort.  Of the two kids, Mary was doing by far the better.  Although wheezing a little, she didn’t seem too tired, and seemed to be slightly enjoying the game.  Dan looked as though he might collapse, his heavy gut heaving in and out as he gasped for air.  His crimson-red face looked like it was about to explode, and his eyes shone with deep hatred for this horrible activity.  “Right, kids, one final exercise” said Rebecca.  Dan glowered at the television as the bright presenter bounded onto the stage once more.  “Ok girls – this one’s simple.  Just run on the spot as fast as you can for five minutes!  Feel the super-burn, isn’t it great?!” the voice from the television announced cheerfully.  Taking their cue from the frantic music, the Moms started running furiously on the spot.  Again the room vibrated with the impacts of their hefty footfalls, and a few more books slid off the shelves.  Susan’s legs, squished together by their size, chafed and rubbed painfully as she ran.  Her fat bottom jiggled like Jell-O, splitting a few of the stitches on the seam running down the middle of her leotard leggings.  Looking over to Rebecca, she could see that she too was wobbling uncontrollably.  Her prominent love handles flew up and down as she moved, and the many rolls of her pendulous belly undulated riotously with each movement.  Neither woman was able to run for the whole five minutes, and Susan quit after two minutes, with Rebecca following on a few seconds afterwards.

Susan was about to ask the kids what they thought now.  But both toddlers were in no fit state to talk.  Mary had managed to jog for a little bit before her weight and flabbiness stopped her, but she was now panting hard and looking very unhappy.  Dan had done much worse.  Already down to his last reserves of strength after the air-kicking and the jumping, he had been utterly exhausted by the running.  Managing to keep going for about ten seconds, the morbidly obese boy had collapsed when his last ounce of will-power gave way.  Feeling the immense weight of his giant tummy, he’d given in and let it pull him down to the floor, blissfully ending the pain of the hated exercise.  He lay slumped on the floor, his t-shirt riding up high and his monstrous belly spilling out onto the floor.  Breathing in deep gulps of air, his eyes were closed and his body drenched in sweat.  Exhausted, the boy sobbed a little at his discomfort and tried to think of the comforting sensation of food to calm himself.

“Now I hope you both learned a little lesson, hmmm?” said Susan, recovering her composure after a few minutes of panting.  The toddlers were still too shocked and tired to say anything.  Pulling her dazed son to his feet, Rebecca said “Now, why don’t you two go outside and play in the garden whilst we Mommies do some more aerobics.  Or would you both like to stay here and do some more exercises?”


MARY 12

“Come on, let’s play” said Amber, skipping off lightly towards the play area.  Looking slightly sorrowful about the lack of snacks, Mary and Susie followed her.  Waddling heavily under their ponderous weight, the two tubby tots took some time to catch up with their skinny friend.  As they walked, Susie asked Mary “What do you think we’ll have for lunch?”. “Don’t know.  Pizza is yummy, I want pizza today” replied Mary.  “Yeah, pizza for me too” smiled Susie.  “How long until lunch?” she asked Mary.  “Very long” said Mary sadly.  Both girls looked unhappily at the clock hanging on the wall.  They would have to wait hours until they got something inside their bellies.

Reaching Amber at last, they found her throwing a ball up in the air and catching it.  “You want to play catch with me?” said the black-haired toddler.  “Ok” said Susie.  Amber threw the ball to Susie.  The tubby toddler caught it, and threw it to Mary.  Mary squealed and covered her face as the ball came at her.  The red ball rolled away to the other side of the nursery.  “Oh Mary…” said Amber and she ran off to get it.  When she returned, her plump friends were sitting on the floor.  They had tired from all the walking and the game of catch, and both wanted to take the load off their feet.  Mary sat with her legs crossed under her, but Susie’s legs had recently become too fat for her to cross them anymore.  She sat with her legs stretched out in front of her, leaning back and supporting herself on her arms.  “Come on, let’s play more” said Amber.  “No, let’s sit down” said Susie.  Amber remained standing, looking down on her two fat friends.  “You two are so lazy!” she said, but threw the ball away and sat down.


MARY 13

Hearing the terrible word “exercise”, the two toddlers fled the room as fast as they could.  Despite his exhaustion, and the fact that his weight was at an all-time high, Dan ran faster than he’d ever managed in his short life.  Anything to get away from doing more aerobics!  Mary was clearly a lot fitter than the boy, and still managed to get out of the room ahead of him.  Leading the way, she dashed out of the back door, Dan following behind.
Once they were away from the torture-chamber that had been the living room, the toddlers collapsed onto the grass, shocked and tired-out by their unaccustomed experience of exercising. Lying flat on their backs, the kids ignored each other whilst they rested their tired limbs.  Mary could move quickly when she needed, but was still very unfit.  Dan, however, was far worse.  He had become far too heavy to run easily.  He’d not had experience of running anywhere since he was three, and his whole body ached with the effort.  His heart racing, Dan felt sick and dizzy.  His legs were paining him, their under-used muscles screaming in protest against the sudden demands being made on them.

After a few minutes, Mary clambered to her feet.  She looked down on the boy, still panting hard and moaning on the ground, his vast belly heaving with each deep breath.  “Come on, Dan, come on, they might come back and make us do more!” said Mary, tugging at the boy’s shirt.  Dan just grunted and rolled over, in too much discomfort to pay attention to Mary.  She tugged harder, speaking desperately “C’mon, c’mon.  I can hear that nasty woman talking on the tv.  Mommy might come out and make us do more!!”  Dan seemed to twig that this terrifying prospect was a good reason to move.  Staggering to his feet, the boy looked horrified by the thought that he might be dragged back into the aerobics session by his mother.  “Follow me” said Mary, and she started running down the large garden.  Dan started to waddle slowly after her.  Suddenly he heard a shout from the house.  “Danny, Dan?  Mommy wants you!” came his mother’s call.  Looking back in panic, Dan started to run as fast as he could manage after Mary.

Rebecca and Susan came out onto the barbecue deck.  Looking out into the garden and seeing the kids running, Susan said “Ooh isn’t that sweet!  They’re playing together so happily!”.  “I knew they’d get on.  I just wanted to check that Danny wasn’t hungry for his afternoon snack.  But it looks like they’re both having too much fun running around to think about food!” said Rebecca, putting a packet of Twinkies back into her sports bag.  “Come on, let’s do the rest of the tape!  Then we’ll take a break” said Susan.  The women turned, and squeezed their bulky bodies through the narrow gap in the back sliding door.  Susan pulled the door closed behind her.

MARY 14

Dan caught up with Mary, who was hiding behind a tree half-way down the Murphey’s vast backyard.  Spluttering, he attempted to speak.  “Shhhh!”, said Mary sharply, and she peered out to check that the Moms had gone.  “They’ve gone.  No nasty jumping anymore!” said Mary triumphantly.  Turning around, she looked curiously at Dan.  The boy was bent double, trying to catch his breath.  He’d never done this much exercise in his whole spoiled life, and he’d never felt this awful.  How could this happen to him?  How could his Mommy do such horrible things to him?  He felt angry.  “Why?” he coughed.  “What?” said Mary.  “Why’d they do that to us?” he asked crossly, standing upright.  He was soaked through with sweat, and his tight t-shirt was glued to the curving bulge of his sagging belly.  “Mommy was cross.  We shouldn’t have laughed” said Mary, shaking her head.  “But it was funny!  Stupid Mommies” shouted Dan, and he stamped a foot, sending waves jiggling through his buttery flesh.  “Shh Dan, we’ll get in more trouble!” said Mary, looking worried.  Dan quietened down, but still muttered and fumed.

Walking further down the garden, the two toddlers thought they were getting far enough from the house to be out of sight.  Of course, little kids always think they’ve gone far when in reality they’ve only travelled a very short distance.  They were both easily visible from the barbecue deck.  Hiding behind bushes to try and avoid being seen, the tubby duo made for a comic sight as they waddled around the garden.  Finally, when their flabby muscles could do no more, they both slumped onto the ground, propping themselves up against another tree trunk.  Sitting right next to him, Mary could see the full size of Dan’s belly.  It was enormous, and covered most of his thighs as he sat.  Looking at her own swollen paunch, Mary noted how small it was by comparison.  As she did so, a quiet rumbling came from the boy’s tummy.  He’d not eaten since before the aerobics, and his normally stuffed stomach was unusually empty.  Whatever had set Dan’s stomach rumbling soon affected Mary, and her own belly emitted a loud grumble a few seconds later.

“Mmm, I’m hungry” said the boy, smacking his lips and salivating a little.  “Me too!” said Mary dreamily, thinking happily of the sugary treats she’d soon be pouring down her gullet.  In unison, the two bloated children opened their mouths wide to wail for their Mommies to bring them food.  But no sound came out.  They both stopped.  Looking into each other’s eyes, a dawning look of comprehension and terror came over their faces.  They couldn’t call for their Moms, because they thought that if they were found, they would be made to do more aerobics.  Dan said quietly “Do you have food?”  “N-n-n-ooo” stuttered Mary, “Do you?”  “No” said Dan flatly.  “What are we going to eat?” they both said at once, their expressions turning wide-eyed with dread.


MARY 15

As the reality of their situation dawned on them, the two toddlers felt a jolt of fear they had never known before.  Hunger itself was a common sensation for both gluttonous kids, but neither of them had ever before known a situation in which there was no hope of getting food.  Dan and Mary were both accustomed to whining, screaming and bawling at their parents until they were given the food they craved.  Confused by the situation, and getting hungrier by the moment, Dan cracked and started to throw a tantrum.  Pounding his fists on the ground, he began to screech loudly, his face contorted with rage and greed.  Big tears rolled down his fat cheeks, plopping onto his roly-poly chest.

Mary interrupted his hysterics, loudly telling him to “Shush!” she placed one of her chubby hands over the mouth of the bawling Dan, trying to muffle his bleating.  Regaining control of himself, Dan looked helplessly at Mary, his eyes still watering.  “What’ll we do?” he whimpered.  “We look for food” said Mary determinedly.  “Is there food outside?” said the boy hopefully.  “Yes”, Mary nodded energetically, “ Food comes from outside.  The television said so.  Potato chips come from outside.”  “Have you ever found any food?” said Dan, his eyes wide with wonder.  “I found chocolates once.  Mommy said the Easter Bunny put them there” said Mary, thinking fondly of the time she’d gorged herself on Easter Eggs in the garden.  Maybe there was more food in the garden, and all they had to do was find it.  “Let’s go see!” said Mary, smiling at the thought of finding all sorts of food.  “Will there be pizzas?” asked Dan eagerly as he struggled to stand up.  “Don’t know” said Mary, as she toddled off, looking all around her, hoping to spot some food under plants and flowerpots.  Salivating at the thought of sating his hunger, Dan waddled off to look on the other side of the garden.

The tots looked everywhere.  Once Mary thought that she had found a chocolate, but it was just an odd-shaped stone.  Dan mistook an acorn for a candy and at once stuffed it into his mouth and was about to gulp it down before he realised how revolting it tasted.  Spitting it out, he moaned with dismay that his belly was still unsatisfied.  Moving around as fast as his weight and tiredness would permit, he searched harder, bending down to look under bushes and shrubs, crawling on all fours to see under plant pots.  As the afternoon wore on, the rumble in his stomach became a pain, which became a roar, which became a relentless howling for food.  At last, the two toddlers waddled towards each other empty handed.  Mary looked utterly dejected and on the point of tears.  Dan had assumed a look of shock and disbelief.  As far as he was concerned, this simply couldn’t be happening to him.  He’d never been denied anything in his spoiled life.  He’d never been made to exercise before, and he’d never spent an afternoon without snacks for as long as he could remember.  The unprecedented food-withdrawal had enraged him at first, but now his childish mind could not cope with the horrors the day had inflicted upon him.

The sun beat down hard on the yard, and they were both very hot.  Dan had never quite recovered from the aerobics session, and all the searching had made him hotter and sweatier still.  His t-shirt was soaked through, covered in dirt, and ripped where he’d caught it on a thorn.  Panting in the heat, he struggled to take it off.  Freeing himself from the garment, he felt slightly cooler.  Dan never spent much time outside, and preferred to play indoors by watching tv or playing video games in air conditioned coolness.  Standing in the bright sunlight, his bloated body gleamed white and pale.  Looking at him, Mary, despite her own ravenous hunger, observed with interest the size of her companion.  The boy’s stomach had changed shape.  When they’d met in the restaurant, both tots had been stuffed full of food and their middles had been stretched taut.  Dan had looked like a beach ball when Mary had met him, but hours without food had allowed Dan’s stomach to lose its bloated roundness.  His belly had lost the rigidity that came with its usual fullness, and had become extremely soft and flabby.  Bulging obscenely far out in front of the young boy, it slumped heavily over the waistband of his shorts.  Joined at the waist to a vast spare tire that girdled the boy’s midriff in a deep layer of fat, the jiggling mass of flesh extended upwards, curving inwards to meet a flabby and untoned chest.  Thick sausages of fat swelled at the boy’s flanks, stacked up on top of his spare tire and continuing up to his armpits.  Roly-poly arms emerged from round and pudgy shoulders, weak biceps creased with double folds of flab ran down to dimpled elbows drowned in fat.  Chubby hands with plump fingers hung at Dan’s side, bouncing against the broad curve of his love handles and pushed outwards by his girth.  As he turned, Mary could see his back.  Broad shoulders, their outline softened with plumpness, gave way to shoulder blades buried beneath a thick carpet of adipose.  The multiple rolls on his sides ran around into the sides of his back, and two deep folds formed just above his waistline, made deeper by the slouching posture that the boy had to adopt because of the heaviness of his belly.  Even on his back, the belt of his shorts cut into the boy’s soft flesh, causing a slight overhang.  Taking all this in, Mary felt small and scrawny, and wondered what wonderful foods Dan must get from his Mommy to let him get so big.
Mary was also quite a sight.  Her sundress was less tight than it had been, as the emptiness of her stomach had lessened the pressure on the strained garment.  Nevertheless, she too was a picture of bulging childish overindulgence.  Her own belly was a formidable sight, forming a rolling protuberance from her young frame.  Enormously fat thighs mushed together, causing the girl to waddle awkwardly, and a fat and prominent bottom balanced out the ponderous belly.  To any observer, the two porcine toddlers looked like a picture of well-fed excess.  Standing side by side, each was a wobbling, wheezing epitome of extreme childhood obesity, their young bodies submerged in layer upon layer of soft fat.

Saying nothing, both toddlers slumped onto the ground, miserable, starving and exhausted.



MARY 16

Just after they’d checked on the kids and closed the back door, Susan and Rebecca had returned to the living room to continue their aerobics workout.  Intending to finish the whole tape, the two women in fact managed only a further ten minutes of exercise before they gave up.  The energetic young aerobics presenter had introduced sit-ups as an exercise.  Doing thirty in quick succession, her perky voice had shouted inane slogans and encouragements to her audience.  But, try as they might, neither Rebecca nor Susan could manage to perform a single sit up.  Rebecca’s belly was just too big to let her struggle upright.  Susan had a much smaller tummy, but her abdominal muscles had long since turned to fat, and she was too out of shape to complete a sit-up.

After groaning and straining for the five minute exercise, Susan said with a puff “Right, I think we should take a little break”.  “Agreed!” said a relieved Rebecca.  Leaning on each other for support, the two well-fed women pulled themselves upright and walked into the kitchen.  “I’m sure we’d both like a drink – what can I get you, Rebecca?  Water, juice, or an ice-cold soda?” asked Susan, opening the door of the massive refrigerator.  “Oooh, a soda sounds good!” said Rebecca, who was glowing red.  A big sweat-stain stood out on her leotard.  Susan bent over, leaning into the bottom of the fridge to get a big bottle of coke.  As she did so, another few stitches snapped on the seat of her leotard, adding to the small hole forming in the over-stretched fabric.  Plodding over to the other side of the kitchen, Susan took down a couple of tall pint glasses from a shelf.  She brimmed both glasses, draining the bottle of cola.  “How’re the kids doing?” asked Rebecca, seeing the Susan could see out into the garden through the kitchen window from her position.  Looking out the window, Susan answered “Oh I see them – they’re playing hide and seek.  I can see Mary hiding behind a bush, and Dan’s walking about looking for her!”.  “How sweet!” said Rebecca.

“Let’s sit down – take the weight off our feet” said Susan, indicating the small chairs around the little kitchen table.  Putting the towering glasses of coke on the table, Susan moved Mary’s high-chair out of the way and sat down with Rebecca.  The two bulky Moms lowered their hefty bodies onto the tiny wooden chairs carefully, each self-conscious about the strain their hundreds of pounds would put on the fragile furniture.  The chairs creaked and groaned under the load, but held firm.  Sighing with relief at getting off her feet, Susan said “I don’t know why we have these itty bitty chairs, really.  I’m far too big for them, I’m afraid”.  Susan’s wide bottom hung far over the edge of the seat on both sides.  She would need to use at least two of the narrow seats to support the full breadth of her broad bum.  “Oh nonsense!” said Rebecca, “You’re barely able to fill that chair as it is!  Besides, we’ve both probably lost 10lbs in that workout!”.  They both laughed, genuinely believing that their 40 minute attempt at exercise would have made up for years of slothful laziness and over-eating.  “Yes, you’re probably right – I think I can feel my thighs toning up already!” said Susan, imagining herself as the sleek athletic girl she had been back in her teens.  “Well I’m sure that after a whole afternoon of working out, I’ll have lost at least an inch from my waistline!”, said Rebecca.  “Oh, almost undoubtedly – if not more than an inch.  I actually think you look a little slimmer already, no kidding” said Susan in a serious voice.  “I know”, she said in a mischevious tone, “we should both have a little treat for working so hard!  How would you like a slice of the triple-chocolate cake I’ve made for the school’s bake sale?  I can always bake another” she said.  “Oh yes!  We deserve it!  Got to keep our strength up, and there’s no point doing exercise if you can’t indulge a little bit afterwards” said Rebecca eagerly.

Getting up from the table, Susan walked  over to the refrigerator again, her meaty thighs rubbing together and giving her a pronounced waddle.  Opening the fridge, she pulled out an enormous cake on a plate.  It was a rich brown color, with thick chocolate icing dripping from the top and a deep layer of mouth-watering chocolate cream in the middle.  Placing it on the table, Susan got plates and knives, and sat back down on the chair, which made further protests as the obese woman wiggled her heavy rump around to get comfortable.  “Here, let me cut you a slice”, said Susan, wielding the knife and cutting an enormous slice of cake for Rebecca.  “Mmm, thanks, it looks delicious!” said Rebecca.  Susan cut herself a similar sized piece, and both women took dainty little bites from their slices, not wanting to appear greedy in front of the other.  “Wow, that’s great!  So moist and rich!” exclaimed Rebecca, and she took a bigger second bite.  “Why thank you!  I can easily give you the recipe” said Susan, flushed with pride.  “Mmmmmm, you  must!  This is divine!” said Rebecca, swallowing another large mouthful.  Soon, both had finished their slices.  “More?” inquired Susan, pointing the knife at the cake. “I shouldn’t....” said Rebecca, sheepishly, “oh, but go on!  Just one more slice won’t hurt!”.  “That’s the spirit!”, said Susan, cutting another two large slices.  Taking deep draughts of their soda, the women washed down mouthful after mouthful of chocolate cake.  All the while, they chatted about their weight problems, comforting one another and reassuring themselves that there was no fair reason that they had both gained so much weight.  “I eat SO carefully” said Susan, cutting herself another slice of cake, “but I just can’t seem to keep the pounds off.  I have no idea why”.  “Oh I know what you mean”, sympathised Rebecca as she refilled her glass with cola, “I just get heavier and heavier each year, and no one can explain why!”  “It is a mystery, isn’t it?” mumbled Susan through a mouthful of cake.  “Say, you know what goes great with my chocolate cake?  My home-baked Apple Pie! I just made one yesterday, you’ve got to try it!  Let me go get it!” exclaimed Susan, standing up.  “What a good idea!  If it’s as great as this cake, i’ll need the recipe for the pie too!” replied Rebecca cheerfully.  Plopping the pie tin down next to the cake, Susan sat back down.  Munching away on cake and pie, the two women continued to chat enthusiastically about their high hopes for weightloss now that they were exercising together.

More than an hour later, the two leotard-clad Moms finished the last slice of the apple pie, which they split between themselves.  “Gosh!  Look at the time!  We’d better get the kids inside – they’ve missed their lunch!” said Rebecca, noticing the late hour.  Getting heavily to her feet, and feeling slightly bloated, Susan led the way to the back door.  Forcing the stubborn door open, Susan squeezed out through the narrow gap onto the deck.  Rebecca joined her , sucking in her bulbous gut to fit through the door.  Looking down, they saw their two toddlers sprawled on the grass at the foot of the steps leading up to the barbecue deck.  “Danny!  What happened to you!”, squealed Rebecca, running down the stairs to cradle her dishevelled and shirtless offspring in her plump arms.  As Susan waddled swiftly down the steps, Dan and Mary started to wail loudly, screeching and screaming like banshees.  The only word that could be heard among the crying and shrieking was “Fooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!”


SUSAN 3

Yvette kept going,  and her words hit Susan like thunder bolts.  “Each year, you get heavier and heavier – more and more weight, more and more fat” said the fitness expert.  “But you pretend not to notice, don’t you?  Each time you step on the scale you think ‘oh, only 2lbs more’, and each time you measure your waist you convince yourself that an extra inch or two since last time isn’t so bad”.  Yvette seemed to be talking to Susan directly, and Susan quailed under her gaze.  “But where will it end?  Have you ever stopped to ask yourself that?  What will happen to you when all the 2lbs here and 2lbs there add up?  Maybe you’re already twenty pounds heavier than last year.  What will you be like in five years, when you’re 100lbs bigger?”  Susan blushed, painfully recalling how she’d noticed that she’d put on 5lbs in the last month alone.  At that rate, Susan would be 60lbs heavier within a year.  Already tipping the scales at almost 240lbs, Susan was shocked to think that at her current rate of gaining she’d be up to nearly 300lbs by the same time next year.  “Well, it can’t go on forever can it?  You know this, yet you eat and eat and eat again.  Why?  Because you lack self-respect, you lack discipline!” said Yvette in a commanding, harsh voice that rocked Susan to the core.  “Take action, take responsibility and let me help you with my Super Plus Intensive Diet and Exercise Regime for Stay at Home Moms!” 

The scene cut back to the studio, where the audience was clapping loudly and whooping, and the presenter was beaming at Yvette.  “Now that’s a great wake-up call for the tubby Moms watching today!  If you want to order a copy of Yvette Strickland’s Super Plus Intensive Diet and Exercise Regime for Stay at Home Moms, then our operators are standing by to take your calls” said the bubbly and slim presenter.  The row of obese women on the couch were visible in the background, many of them hanging their heads shamefully, or blushing.  Some were trying to cover their bellies, and others looked like they wished the ground would swallow them up.  Yvette leapt to her feet and said “thank you, thank you! I think we can all agree that the responsibility lies with all Moms to stay trim, stay toned and stay in control”  as she spoke, there was a gurgling rumbling noise behind her.  Turning around, Yvette’s eyes fell upon Stacy, who had gone beet red with embarrassment as her stomach growled with hunger.  Her eyes alight with enthusiasm, Yvette bore down on the tubby housemom, shouting “stand up, Stacy, honey!”.  Stacy sheepishly struggled to her feet.  Standing next to Yvette, she looked enormous.  She was at least twice Yvette’s weight, and her bulging form contrasted cruelly with the toned muscles of the slim, fit Yvette.  “This poor woman is so out of control that she feels hungry even here!” said Yvette triumphantly, pointing a skinny finger at Stacy’s rumbling stomach.  “But with my help, she won’t be a slave to this monster belly anymore!  I’m going to give Stacy a copy of my Super Plus Intensive Diet and Exercise Regime for Stay at Home Moms…free of charge!” shouted Yvette.  The studio audience went wild with applause, paying little attention to the look of terror etched on the plump face of the trembling Stacy.

Susan was in a state of shock.  She lay on the bed gazing at her body, seeing it as if for the first time.  Her mental picture of herself had been unhinged by Yvette’s clever psychological attack.  So many of the things she had said were so accurate it was like she knew Susan personally.  Susan had been very content all day to lounge about and snack.  Indeed, for months and years she’d felt no problem with spending most days stretched out on a couch or lying on a deck chair whilst slowly gorging herself on treats.  Living at home and not working meant that Susan met few people, and so there were few opportunities to remark on her steadily growing figure.  Gaining slowly at first, gradually Susan became heavier.  As her weight increased, so too did her laziness. After she broke through 200lbs, her rate of gain started to speed up dramatically.  Susan’s appetite had increased in parallel to her girth, and her slothfulness had removed all exercise from her daily routine.  Now the pounds piled on quickly, and she’d swiftly climbed to the mid 230lb region.  Only last month Susan had reached 238lbs, gaining 5lbs in a month.  Heaving herself up from the bed, Susan walked timidly through to the bathroom to see whether she’d put on more weight in the past month.  Stepping fearfully onto the scale, Susan couldn’t see the digital readout easily, so with a shudder flicked the switch with her toe that turned on the speaking scale.  Screwing up her eyes, Susan bit her lower lip and waited for the scale to announce her weight.  A cold electronic voice barked “2-4-6”.  Susan gasped, and staggered backwards off the scale, bumping her enormous bottom against the sink.  246lbs!  That was 8lbs more than last time!  She’d crashed through the 240lb barrier and was fast approaching 250lbs.  8lbs in four weeks was a new high for Susan.  Her mind spinning, she realized with horror that she was bulking up by on average 2lbs every week!  Everything Yvette had said was true!  For the first time, it dawned on Susan that her weight was out of control, climbing ever-faster as she lazed and stuffed herself each day.  If she continued to gain at this pace, she’d be almost 100lbs heavier in twelve months!

Tottering back into the bed-room, Susan’s head was spinning.  She looked around crazily, wondering what to do.  She even felt like cramming the rest of the box of chocolates into her mouth to comfort her.  But, horrified by the thought that she was a slave to her belly like Yvette had called Stacy, Susan picked up the box and threw it across the room, starting to cry with desperation.  How could she have let herself get so fat?  How could her slim, fit young body have become so flabby?  How had she not noticed until now?  How had it come to this?  She put her hands to her mouth in shock, unable to believe the terrible reality that the TV had shown her.  Blubbering, Susan pounded out of her room, wobbling heavily as she ran.  Her fat hips brushed against the sides of the narrow corridor, and the stairs squeaked loudly as she thundered down them.  All of a sudden Susan seemed to feel the full weight of all her flab.  She sensed her slim body trapped under layers of fat.  Becoming more and more distraught, Susan felt herself to be drowning in her own obesity.  The thick fat encircling her thighs made her waddle heavily, and Susan felt imprisoned by her bulk.  Her once lithe and muscular legs had been submerged in bulging blubber, losing their athletic strength and turning Susan into a waddling pig capable only of stumbling to the fridge and back.

Sobbing to herself, Susan waddled into the kitchen, looking at the phone next to the refrigerator.




MARY 17

The shop assistant had dug out some extreme extra large sizes for Mary to try on. The trouble was that Mary was the fattest little girl of her age that the shop assistant had ever seen. The toddler had been growing so fast that she'd finally left all toddler clothes behind her, and even Jumbo Tots couldn't supply a dress big enough to accommodate the girl's girth.

One dress just about fit. Tugging hard and pulling together, Susan and the shop assistanat were able to wrestle the garment over Mary's bulging little body. The dress came with a big pink bow to tie around the waist, but when the teenage assistant tried to tie it, it wouldn't even meet around the tot's fat belly.

"The problem is that classic kids clothes have a pinched waistline" said the assistant, "but what we need for your daughter is a dress with an extra generous cut at the waist. The clothes manufacturers haven't really caught up with demand, I'm afriad. We get lots of very pear-shaped kids these days, but the clothes are still designed for the lean children back before the kids started to get so husky". Susan sighed, looking at the skin-tight dress Mary was wearing, and said "Well, maybe we should just take this dress and hope for the best". "I wouldn't reccommend it, I'm afraid," the shop assistant replied, "there's no give in the waist at all, and I'm sure that you need something elasticated to give growing room". Susan nodded sadly, she knew the girl was right. Mary was getting chubbier by the week, and any clothes that didn't have a lot of space or give would soon be outgrown. "I'm so sorry, I'm afraid she's just too big for anything we stock. You might want to look into custom clothes, or hope that she starts to slim down" said the assistant.

"Ok, thanks for your help", said Susan, and she and Mary left the store, waving goodbye to Dan and Rebecca. Looking down on Mary, Susan wondered whether she should get the toddler checked out by the doctor. Perhaps her little girl was getting too plump too fast.



MARY 18

Susan had booked an appointment with the doctor to get Mary checked out.  A week later, it was time to take Mary to the surgery.  Since last week, Mary had swelled up even more, and her belly had finally burst through her sundress during a particularly heavy lunch at KFC.  Mary now had no clothes that fit her properly.  Sitting at breakfast, Susan had dressed her in a pair of shorts and a pink t-shirt.  The shorts belonged to Lucy, and didn't quite reach around Mary's huge waistline.  The button on the shorts was undone, and the fly was open.  Susan had put a belt onto the shorts to keep them up, and Mary's belly bulged over the buckle.  The t-shirt was too short to reach down to the top of the shorts, and the toddler's tummy peered out from the gap.

"OK sweetie, let's get to Dr Coldman's"  said Susan, scooping up the tubby tot.  Burping loudly, Mary snatched up a pancake before her mother could lift her away from the breakfast table.  Chewing contentedly, Mary was deposited in the car.  She was far too big for the car seat now, and her soft flesh rolled and bulged out all over the edges of the plastic seat.  "Can we get McDonald's, Mommy?" asked Mary as she swallowed the last of the pancake and licked her fingers.  "After the Doctor's, sweetie-pie" said Susan.

Arriving at the surgery, Mary and Susan sat in the waiting room.  There were some other toddlers and their Moms, but only Mary was fat.  Whining for food, Mary bleated at her Mom whilst they waited.  Susan did her best to shush Mary, but in the end gave in and took a large bag of tortilla chips out of her tote bag and gave them to Mary.  The other Moms frowned at Susan, some of them sneering visibly as the fat toddler started to stuff her face.  Susan looked around at the other kids.  Mary was at least twice as heavy as any of them.  As Mary chomped and guzzled the salty chips, a lean boy about Mary's age asked his Mom loudly "Mommy, is that girl too fat? Should I take the chips away from her so she gets thin?".  His Mom shushed her son swiftly, but did not apologize to Susan.  Some of the other Mom's smirked.  Susan felt embarrassed, but was glad that Mary was too busy reaching into the bag for more chips to notice what had been said about her.

At last the nurse called for Susan and Mary.  They went into the examination room.  Mary toddled along, still munching from the bag of chips.  The room was cold and unfriendly, and a harsh light shone from the fluorescent strips on the ceiling.  "Murphy, Mrs., and....Miss?", said the Doctor, reading from his computer screen and not looking at Susan and Mary.  "Yes, that's us" said Susan.  The Doctor typed something, then turned to look at them.  "Do sit down Mrs. Murphy". "Thank you, uh, where shall Mary sit?" Susan asked.  "Hmm?  Oh, never mind the child.  She can sit on the examination table when the time comes".  Susan looked a bit puzzled, but sat down whilst Mary stood next to her, still crunching on fistfuls of chips.  "Right, what is it you wanted to see me about?" the Doctor asked curtly.  "Oh, it's nothing really, I just wanted to get Mary here checked out.  She's been growing very fast lately, and I wondered if it was healthy" said Susan, feeling slightly intimidated.  The Doctor looked down on Mary for the first time, lowering his glasses.  "Right.  I seeeeee......." he said, wrinkling his nose and looking slightly irritated.

"Put the child on the examination, please" said the Doctor, standing up and reaching around behind him to a drawer of medical instruments.  Susan heaved Mary onto the black leather padded table.  "Take off her shirt and pants" said Doctor Coldman, as he washed his hands on the other side of the room.  Mary shivered in the cold room, wobbling as she shook.  The Doctor approached the scared child and poked and prodded her for a few moments with icy hands.  "Hmm.  Put her on the scale, please", he said.  Noting her weight and frowning, the doctor took a tape measure from his pocket and wrapped it around the toddler's flabby belly, moving on to measure the circumference of Mary's tubby thighs and round arms.

When he was finished, he looked at Mary and said "stand here please", pointing to a spot on the ground.  Frightened of this tall, thin man, Mary hurried to do as she was told, looking nervously at her mother.  "Do sit down, Mrs. Murphy" he said, moving to pull his swivel chair up next to the spot where Mary was standing in her underwear.  Speaking in a cold tone, Dr Coldman began "Your daughter is extremely obese, Mrs. Murphy.  How long has she been overweight?".  "I....I....don't know" stammered Susan, taken aback.  "Hmmm, I see", he replied and swiveled his chair to take a file off his desk.  Reading it, he said "I see that she's always been big, but has progressed steadily from being at the top range of normal, through overweight and firmly into obesity in the last two years".  Susan looked sheepish.  "And I can tell you now that with her latest weight gain, she's at the top range of obesity for a girl of her age."  Susan started to make excuses, but the doctor continued.  "If she continues on this path, she will be a fat child, a fat teen and then...." he paused, looking meaningfully at Susan's own bulging figure, "an obese adult prone to diabetes, heart disease and cancer".  Turning to Mary, he addressed her for the first time.  "I see you were eating chips when you came in?" Mary nodded, worried what might happen next.  "Do you understand that those chips are making you too fat?", he asked.  Mary gaped, not understanding him.  Pinching Mary's belly, the doctor held a thick roll of soft fat between his fingers.  "This", he said, wobbling Mary's tummy, "comes from too much food and too little exercise".  Turning back to Susan he said "Does the girl exercise at all?".  "She...she used to do gymnastics", Susan answered.  "Used to?", Dr Coldman frowned.  "She got.....um....too big for the uniform." said Susan, tailing off.  "Yes, well if she doesn't enroll in some sports soon, she'll get even bigger.  I see you haven't been able to find shorts that fit her.  If your daughter gets any heavier, you'll have more to worry about than finding clothes.  Her knee joints might not be able to support her weight if it increases much more, and then she'd need a wheelchair, Mrs. Murphy, a wheelchair because of her obesity."  Susan was shocked, she didn't realize that Mary had become so big.  "What can I do, doctor?" she asked.

"I will give you a diet plan Mrs. Murphy, and you" he said, turning to Mary, "will stop eating chips, and burgers and pizzas and all other sorts of junk until you lose 5lbs".  Mary started to cry.  Ignoring her, the Doctor turned back to Susan "I shall also provide you with the contact details of some support groups for obese children.  They will help your daughter with the exercise she needs".  Writing up his notes, he presented a thick booklet to Susan.  "This contains a diet plan that will suit your daughter.  Don't deviate from it.  Make sure she gets no snacks outside of her main meals, and don't give her any food-based treats".  "Thank you doctor" said, Susan, and she turned to lead the wailing Mary out of the room.  "One moment, Mrs. Murphy", said Dr Coldman.  "Yes?", said Susan, turning back.  "You might want to take this diet plan, too.  It's for obese adults.  You can follow it at the same time as your daughter.  Your health would benefit if you lost about 50lbs".  Susan spluttered, going bright red with embarrassment.  "You're welcome.  Good-day!" said the Doctor, turning back to his computer.

Susan and Mary left the clinic, both feeling very embarrassed and humiliated.



MARY 19

Serving up food as fast as she could prepare it, Susan attempted to keep pace with the voracious appetites of the kids.  The trauma of the day, caused by the double blow of unaccustomed exercise and a long period of enforced fasting, had given the toddlers’ already prodigious appetites a huge boost.  Both ate and drank with a wild abandon that wasn’t a feature of their usual gluttonous feasting.  Ravenously sucking up all the food and drink within their reach, the tots cleared the table of food time and again.

Susan knew that she barely had enough food to sate Mary on a normal day of heavy eating, and she was certain that she’d have nowhere near enough to feed Dan as well.  “Ok, I think we’re going to need a little extra food.  You try to keep them supplied with snacks – use anything you like from the fridge or cupboards – and I’ll drive and pick up a takeout” said Susan, entrusting Rebecca with the care of both gorging children.  “Sure thing.  Be quick, though!” answered Rebecca, moving over to take another platter of chicken nuggets out of the oven.  Susan thundered down the hallway, not bothering to change out of her leotard before driving away.

Susan arrived back at the house twenty minutes later, clutching three enormous brown paper bags filled to the brim with KFC and McDonalds food.  “Thank goodness you got back – I think we’ve run out of food.  I had to give them some maple syrup to drink whilst I fried up the last of the bacon.  You got here just in time!” said Rebecca, looking relieved.  Just as Dan finished eating the last rasher of bacon, Susan started unpacking the fast food and putting it in front of the toddlers.  Without pausing, both of them grabbed for fries and onion rings, filling their round cheeks with as much food as they could cram in.  Susan stood back and watched in motherly concern as the infants gobbled and munched.  Rebecca placed another jar of mayo on the table for the tots, and stepped back to join Susan.

“Thank goodness we noticed in time!  I can’t believe we forgot all about the poor little things for so long – they must be starving after all that time out there!” said Rebecca, looking lovingly at her son as he gulped down another chicken breast.  “Yes, we just lost track of the time” said Susan sheepishly, feeling guilty that they had been inside eating a whole chocolate cake and apple pie whilst their children starved outside. 

Both toddlers grabbed food, shoved it into their gaping jaws, chewed and guzzled and never slowed or showed signs of being satisfied.  With a sudden tearing noise, Mary’s sundress gave way, and her distended tummy spilled out onto her lap.  Her dress was filthy, covered in dirt from outside and drenched in grease, mayo and syrup from her sloppy eating.  It had been stretched to its limit, and could no longer contain any more belly.  Gurgling happily, Mary continued to stuff herself, ramming another bacon double cheeseburger down her gullet and reaching for another bottle of coca cola to wash it down with.

Dan, who was still shirtless, had also spilled food all over himself.  He exposed belly and chubby chest were drenched in drippings from his slobbering mouth.  As he bit into a juicy burger, grease and fat poured onto the bulging curves of his stomach.  His tummy had bloated up enormously with the pressure of all the food and liquid he’d shovelled into it, and the boy had spread his legs apart to allow his ballooning paunch to hang down .  The bottom of his engorged belly very nearly scraped the seat itself, and after a few more gulps of chocolate milk it finally made contact with the wood.  The massive bloating caused by his gluttony had returned Dan to his normal near-spherical shape.

Looking at one another for a moment, the toddlers paused in their consumption for the first time.  Mary examined Dan, and saw the new size of his tummy.  It sat, gleaming with grease, heavy and bloated between Dan’s plump legs, inflated to the size of a beachball.  The firmness of his inflated stomach had removed all the jiggly flabbiness from his immense body.  Mary smiled, and Dan smiled back.  They were both thinking the same thing – this was how it was supposed to be.  No more nasty jumping, and no more starving.  Their mommies were back in their proper place, tending to their every appetite. 

“Mommy”, said Dan, burping loudly and wheezing a little.  “Yes sugar sweetie-pie?” said Rebecca, dashing over to her gasping and belching toddler.  “No more jumping with that nasty tv woman, Mommy?”, he asked slyly.  “Oh no! No more, Dannykins” fawned Rebecca, hugging her grease covered son and resting her head on his gurgling and swollen stomach.  “Never, ever, ever again?” said Dan, a smug smile forming on his plump lips.  “Never, ever again!  Mommy won’t ever make you do anything you don’t like ever again!” cried Rebecca, becoming tearful at the thought that she’d upset her little angel.

Smirking, Dan caught Mary’s eye.  She was looking very pleased with the situation.  Returning their eyes to the table, the toddlers greedily resumed their colossal meal.  Both Moms watched in adoration and love as their little darlings finished up the whole feast, gulping, gorging and stuffing themselves until every last morsel of food was gone.

© Copyright 2007 Onion (flamins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1305457-Fat-Family-Contributions-to-81407