*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306402-Venusian-Blind
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1306402
Life on Venus
Sitting on the bunk in his cabin aboard the space shuttle, Lady Love, David-Lee opened his drug kit and withdrew a small vial containing a few grains of pale-blue powder. He mixed the remainder of the drug, venus, with pruified water and drew the light-blue liquid into a syringe. Then he tied a tourniquet to his upper arm and swabbed the injection site with an alcohol wipe. After tapping the bubbles out of the liquid, he nudged the needle into his vein and drew in a cc of blood. Nearly drooling, he watched the red swirl through the blue, turning it lavender. With a practiced flourish, he depressed the plunger, withdrew the needle and removed the tourniquet nearly simultaneously. Reclining on the bunk, he relished the warm flush that spread throughout his body, stimulating his genitalia to arousal. As he masturbated, fantasizing about the beautiful blonde captain of the Lady Love, he wished that at least one member of the all-female crew was available.

Venus, the drug, came from a substance that was indigenous to the planet, Venus, and was the only known true aphrodesiac. Therapists used it to effectively treat both men and women who suffered from any form of sexual dysfunction, physiological or psychological. Venus was also the most popular of all the illegal street drugs -- for obvious reasons.

David-Lee had been addicted to venus for as long as he could remember and had well-earned his reputation as a love-stallion, with his rippling muscles and well-endowed manhood. Then he invested his inheritance from his favorite uncle in this trip to the planet Venus, reasoning that the drug would be less expensive and more easily attainable at its source. He anticipated being supplied for life, which he expected to be many, many more years.

Suddenly a woman's voice interrupted the retro rock-and-roll on the speaker above the cabin door. "This is Angela, your captain, speaking. We will be docking at Venus Station in twenty minutes. All passengers prepare to disembark."

Knowing that he was the only passenger aboard the cargo ship, David-Lee smiled to himself. After cleaning and packing his drug kit, he dressed in tight jeans and a muscle shirt. Admiring his sculpted physique in the wall mirror, he noted with pride the flex of his pects and the bulge of his package. When the airlock whooshed open, he strolled down the short ramp into Venus Station, where he was greeted by a gorgeous redhead.

"Hello," she said in a sultry voice with a soft Georgian drawl. "You must be David-Lee. I'm Sylvia." She flashed her pearly-whites.

Still under the effects of the drug, David-Lee ogled her ample bosom. She wore a skin-tight jumpsuit, unzipped to expose her deep, creamy-white cleavage. More than anything at that moment, he wanted to sink his face into the milky-white of her flesh. His jeans tightened noticeably with his renewed arrousal.

"Welcome to Venus Station! If you'll follow me, I'll show you to your quarters." She neatly pirouetted 180-degrees and led him into the station.

Mesmerized, David-Lee followed her sensuous sashay, only peripherally aware that the station was populated with more beautiful women, who stopped to watch as he passed. His heart raced, his breathing quickened and his body tingled. He believed that he had just found paradise!

Sylvia stopped before a door and opened it, motioning for him to enter first. Following him inside, she closed and locked the door behind her. The room was small -- smaller than his cabin aboard the Lady Love -- and reminded him of a jail cell with a single bed and side table molded into the walls. Another doorway revealed a miniscule hygiene cubicle.

As David-Lee turned to face Sylvia, she withdrew a small, round snuff container from down the front of her jumpsuit, deep in her cleavage. She opened it, revealing a supply of the shiny, powder-blue drug and snorted a pinch up each nostril. Then she offered it to him. Although he preferred his own form of drug use, he accepted her offer, grinning lewdly, and snorted a large pinch up each of his nostrils. Then they kissed as they undressed each other, stroking and caressing each other's bodies, exploring every centimeter with fingers and tongues. For hours they engaged in wild, passionate love-making, trying every position known to humankind -- and even inventing a few of their own in zero-gravity.

When they were finally finished and Sylvia was zipping her jumpsuit, she said gratefully, "Thanks, sugar."

The pleasure is all mine," he responded, languishing naked on the bed. "Anytime, darlin'."

She smiled cryptically. "I doubt it."

Before he could ask what she had meant, the door hissed closed behind her.

During the next few weeks, David-Lee entertained other women, as he had Sylvia. Someone always brought his meals and sometimes her friends. They all treated him like royalty -- a royal stud, that is! As time passed, he began noticing that he required more and more of the drug, venus, in order to perform. Then one day, while entertaining Doris, a beautiful, buxom brunette, he experienced his worst nightmare: Primary Impotence.

"Oh well," sighed Doris disappointedly as she zipped her jumpsuit. "It happens to every man, sooner or later. Something in Venus's dense atmosphere retards the production of testosterone and the station's purification system can't filter it out. That's why only women work here."

"Is it permanent?" David-Lee inquired anxiously.

She shrugged. "As long as you're on Venus, it is."

"When is the next ship back to Earth?"

"The Lady Love returns in six months."

Six months! David-Lee groaned. His balls ached. He curled into a fetal position, clutching his groin, as he realized his predicament: Addicted to the drug that enhances sexual performance and desire and unable to do anything about it for six whole months! How could he have been so blind?

Meanwhile, Doris slipped quietly out the door.

The news of David-Lee's condition spread through the station like a meteor shower. Although the women stopped visiting him, they left his meals outside his door. He remained in his cabin, which felt more and more like a jail cell. As the days dragged on, he stopped shaving; then he stopped showering. He stopped caring and was sure that complete insanity would soon overtake him.

One day when he was deep in his funk, Sylvia appeared at his door, carrying his meal tray. "You look -- and smell -- awful!" she declared as she brushed past him, set the tray on the only table and sat on the bed facing him, crossing her legs in unconscious seductiveness. "Look, sugar, you provided a needed service for a while, but now... Well, there's no free lunch." She gestured toward the tray. "So how about earning your keep around here by helping us harvest and process venus?"

David-Lee considered her suggestion. What else did he have to do? His self-imposed confinement had become intolerable! So he cleaned up and reported for duty assignment. He was surprised and thankful that the women treated him as as equal, with the same respect and courtesy they showed each other. They did not tease him or pity him, as he had feared, but welcomed his assistance.

He discovered that working helped keep his mind off his problem, while work-outs in the gym helped him work through his frustration. By the time the Lady Love returned, David-Lee had amassed a small fortune of the drug for himself -- a fringe benefit! He figured that he was truly set for life.

As David-Lee strode through the station to the boarding ramp, Doris rushed past him as though he were invisible. He watched as she stopped at the entrance port, where Sylvia had greeted him a life-time ago, it seemed. She smoothed her jumpsuit, unzipped it to reveal more flesh and hastily finger-combed her luxurious titian hair. 'What a pity that I wasn't able to service her,' he thought, appraising her sculpted assets.

Suddenly another man appeared on the ramp and Doris stood ready to greet him. Then David-Lee recognized the man as his friend and fellow venus junkie.

"Hey! Frank-Lynn!" David-Lee called, waving.

Doris turned toward David-Lee, put her index finger to her full, pouty lips and pantomimed, "Shhhh!"

David-Lee had considered warning his friend about the testosterone retardant in Venus's atmosphere and not getting stranded here for eight months. Then he re-considered. He had developed some empathy for the women, who were stationed here for long stints without the benefit of regular male companionship. 'Let the women have their fun!' he decided, wondering if another man had made the same decision when he had arrived.

Because Frank-Lynn was as entranced with Doris as David-Lee had been with Sylvia, he failed to notice David-Lee's greeting. While Doris led Frank-Lynn through the station to his quarters, David-Lee waited off to the side. As she passed, Doris favored him with a seductive smile and wink. He smiled his understanding and nodded. Then he bounded up the ramp and through the Lady Love's airlock, eagerly anticipating his return to normal hormonal activity -- or maybe even above normal! He smiled to himself.

At last Earthbound, David-Lee released a long sigh of relief. He patted his satchel of the drug, venus, confident that his Don Juan/Casanova reputation would soon be restored. He almost pitied the first poor girl to benefit from his recovery -- almost!
© Copyright 2007 D.F. Mackwood (blabberpen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306402-Venusian-Blind