*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306535-My-Sons-Letter-of-his-Dad
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Death · #1306535
My youngest son writes as I do. I hope to encourge him & self to be more serious
Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A letter from Erick
Current mood: moody
Category: proud Life


In Memory of Leo E. Jones

Being the son of Leo, I knew him more then most, and maybe more then anyone. Due to him and I became very close about four months befor his passing and I regarded him as my best friend. Lately though, I have been thinking about him more then a son thinks about his deceased father normaly would. I am also quite aggitated with my family trying to "forget" him rather than remember him. So I write this not only to try and help my self feel less guilty about his death, but to also make sure that everyone remembers him, and his legacy not be forgotten.

Leo, being an only child, a husband to two woman, and the father of four wonderful children. I believe him to have made a very big contribution and an impact on life, and many others lives. Inez cookman, being his mother and my grandmother. I would like to credit her with the honor of raising a fine child and my father. Giving him the chance to pass on his legacy unto his children. Unfortunetly, I personally did not know my grandfather and I also never recall meeting him so I can not say much about him except I'm sure he was a amazing person. His first wife was Beverly, the mother of Lynda who has married my godfather jeff and has house a beautiful house in massachusetts. And also Lorene, who has married a very kind man, named Dan, and is the mother of my father's grandchild Connor, she now resides in New hampshire. I only met Beverly a few times in my life but with my brief exposure to her I can almost garuntee you that she is a very good person by nature and has a good heart. As for Leo's second wife, her name is Pearl. The mother of Erick, and Ashley. Erick (me) currently resides in New England trying to decide what he wants to be in life and how to go about it. Ashley currently lives in New York on a military base, being as proud as a Marine can. Im sure Leo would be very flattered about how all his children turned out and be very happy of them all.

I can only speak of my memories of Leo and not for Ashley, Lynda, or Lorene. But I knew him as a very loving, outgoing, life enjoying person. One step into his door and you would laugh. Or just be disgusted by his pervertedness by nature. Neither can be certain. Though my favorite memory imprinted on me with him would have to be of when I was younger and I just used to cuddle up to him and lay my head on his stomache and fall asleep. And in the morning I would wake up in my bed all tucked in. I suppose others would just call him a typical father. But to me it was more then "typical" he was extroidanry to me. He helped me turn out into the person I am today. With every single table manner him and Pearl military drilled into my head. (insert laughter here)

Like any other person, everyday I wish I could have him back. Or just go back to the last time I saw him, and instead of yelling at him and running out of the house saying "I hate you" I could do things differnt and tell him I Love You atleast once more. And make sure he understood that I would never forget him and he would always be in my heart for years to come. To just give him that last hug. Unfortunetly, I can not due to just how things are. And I will just have to hope he already knew what i wanted to say to him and not take it as bad as i did.

For those of you who just try and say how many bad things he did to you. I dont blame you one bit. But just try to recognize the things he DID do right. And think about how much of an impact he put in your lives. Rember the good things, not the bad. Just try and let the bad go. An example being I am the one who found him laying on the floor that awful day. Almost perfectly, down to exactly what he was wearing and how he looked. Like its almost been cut into my forehead with a knife. But yet, I try and remember something else. The man who had "santa" come visit me in my house. And the man who tucked me in every night, and said I love you. Or atleast until I thought I was too old to be tucked in anymore.



Please don't let him be forgotten, Let him be remembered.

Written by:
Erick Jones, The youngest son of Leo, My Father
Saturday, December 16, 2006



© Copyright 2007 Elizabeth Morales (perlsworld at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306535-My-Sons-Letter-of-his-Dad