*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306680-Jathia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1306680
Only the most pure of heart can distroy the most evil.
I stood there, in the stables, with Starr, patting his side. He was quite a beautiful horse. He was 7 foot, all brown, with a white nose. The stables were made of dark wood with stables on either side. There were many other horse there, of all different colours. Some sleeping, some walking around their stable. I had just fed Starr some carrots and was now gazing up at him.
There was a party going on inside my father’s palace. I didn’t dare go in. I hated the parties my father had, because most of the people there, I found were quite irritating. I found a suitor yet and when I told them I didn’t they would tell me to hurry up. All the men just huddled together and talked of business.
I decided to go for a walk. I could hear the music from the party. I walked along a small light-stoned path to the gardens. To my right there were several trees including a very large pear tree. When I was little, I remember climbing up it with my good friend James. We had pretended to be on the lookout for pirates.
The tree had long thick branches, which stretched out far and had lots of skinny, dark green leafs. Here and there I could spot light green, fat, pear. I grabbed one close to me and gave it a tug. It came free and with that I took a big juicy bite. It tasty nice and sweet. I continued walking down the garden, pear in hand.
T my left, there were lots of different coloured flowers. There were light blue forget-me-nots and large pink ones with black stems. These I couldn’t recognize. Further down there were white and red roses and beside these were beautiful orange flowers. Many peddles sprouting out from the stem. I took a step forwards to get a better look. Suddenly, there was a voice behind me. "I see you like my flowers."
I turned to see a tall, blond young man standing there. His name was Jim and he was my father’s gardener. "What type of flowers are these?" I asked him, pointing to the orange ones in front of me. "Those, my dear, are velvertans," he said smiling. "They’re lovely," I said. "Well, it’s getting dark, best be off. Take care, Jim." I headed towards the palace.
Later that night, when I had just changed into my nightgown and was brushing my long wavy hair, when there was a knock at the door followed by a voice "Princess? There is a letter for you." "One sec," I called back throwing on my silver silk housecoat and opened the door. There stood a short, black haired boy. "Oh!" I exclaimed, he wasn’t the usual postman. "Is Mr. Crouch ill?" I asked him. "Yes," he replied. "I’m filling in for him until he gets better."
The boy looked no more than 13. He handed me the letter. "Well, good night. Princess," he said slightly bowing his head. "Wait," I called after him as he began the walk away. "Yes, Princess?" he asked turning around. "One sec," I said quickly, rushing to my money stash. I returned with a two-dollar coin.
"Here," I said, giving it to him, "Here’s a tip,"  "Gee, thanks," he smiled at me. "Good night, Princess," he said again but this time bowing lower.
I closed the door and began to open the letter. Just then I heard a bang outside somewhere outside. I peered out my window. There I saw creatures in three parallel lines walking towards the palace. They were dressed in all black, but they certainly weren’t people of any sort.
They had four legs and three arms. They walked on all fours but than from there they curled up as though trying to stand up. Their heads were round with large horn and fangs for teeth. They were fowl creatures.
I ran out of my room with full speed. "Father! Father!" I screamed. "Ember!" he shouted back. I looked to my left a saw him running towards me. "We must go! We must get out of here!" Just then there was an alarm. I knew what that meant. "You’re calling a retreat, Father?" "Yes," I have never seen such creatures before and we are in no condition to fight back," he told me as we both ran down the steps. I headed towards the front door but he held me back. "Through the back, not the front."
I ran towards the back. Our housekeepers, cooks and comity were running out the door aswell. We rushed outside and into the barn. There was Starr all excited and wondering what was going on. I ran and grabbed a saddle from the right and throw it on him. Then I put my left foot in the saddle and swung myself up.
Then I grabbed the reins and lightly kicked the side of Starr. He instantly took off.
Behind followed everyone else. When I got out of the palace grounds, into the town it was not a pretty site. Houses were on fire, windows were broken, babies and children were crying. Everyone was running every which way in panic towards his or her stables. (It was law to have a house)
It was kayos. My father’s soldiers were trying to get everyone safely out of there and trying to hold off the enemy. Just then another horse pulled up besides me. It was Jim. "Ember, you must get out of here, follow me," and so I did. He let me out of town and through the forest. The townspeople followed, and my father, right behind me. We rode for what seemed like hours on end. It was three o’clock when we stopped for a break.
"They did not follow us." I concluded, "Why?"
"I do not know," replied my father. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Gathia." "Gathia?" I asked excited. "The city of Gathia? I’ve always wanted to go there." But father did not share my enthusiasm. My mind was racing. I was half Gathian. My mother had been Gathian. Their civilization was based on music and story. Gathians were known for being generous.
I looked around and my excitement was gone in an instant. There the townspeople looked miserable. But, who could blame them? There were forced to leave their own homes and were scared out of their wits. Probably confused, too. Some homes had been burned to the ground.
Then fear rushed over me. What if the palace had been burnt down? All my things destroyed or searched. And what were those things that attacked us, and why? What did we ever do to them? That must be what they were thinking. My focus turned to the townspeople.
One in particular caught my attention. It was a girl curled up and sitting on a log, crying. The girl had short red hair and freckles. She looked no more than 6. I headed towards her and sat down on the same log. "What your name?" I asked quietly. "Abigail," she said miserably. "That’s a pretty name," I said, trying to cheer her up.

She said nothing, but continued crying. "It’s going to be okay," I told her. "No, its not," I sobbed, "My house was burnt down." I felt a hot tear in her eye. "How would do something like this to young innocent people?" I asked myself. "Look," I said, "We’re all scared at this point. But you have to be strong. We’ll get through this." At this point I was hugging cradling her in my arms.
My father approached us. "C’mon, Ember, we have to get moving," he said. I looked at him puzzled. "But we’ve been resting here miry 5 minutes," I replied. "It will take us 4 more hours to get there. We should leave now," he concluded, as though the discussion was over. I, on the other hand, had other ideas.
He turned and began to tell others that we would be going soon. "NO!" I shouted, my sadness turning into rage and with that I headed deeper into the forest, carrying the girl. How could he want to travel again? We’d been travelling for hours on end! We were tried, confused, scared! We were in no possession to start traveling again!
Just then I heard footsteps behind me. "Father, we can’t arhhhhhh!" I screamed. That was certainly not my father. There was a tiger like creature with sharp teeth and a not too friendly look on his face. He had spike on his back like a porcupine, but tiger stripe pattern and on its head, legs and belly.
"Father!" I screamed. I began to back up as me. I turned around to run but there was another one behind me. "Nice, kitty, umm, porcupine thing," I said to it. Then I saw my father running towards the animal, riffle in hand. Just then I saw the animal jump at me. I screamed again and shut my eyes.
Wait, a sec, I feel nothing, I should be feeling that animal thing ripping my to shreds right now. What’s going on here? I opened my eyes to see a face. The face was quite handsome, with unnaturally bright blue eyes. "Hello," he said.
I looked around me. I was in a tree about 20 feet from the ground. The man was carrying me like I was carrying, the girl. "I looked down at the ground to see the two animals dead, no doubt had been shot by my father. "What are they?" I asked him. "Vellas," he said calmly.
I was suddenly realized that the man was carrying me as though weightless. "Kindly put me down," I snapped. "Not yet," he grinned, "hold on tight." "What-ahh." I squeaked. He had leaped down from the tree. "Now, put me down," I snapped. "I don’t even get a thank you?" he asked putting me down. "Thank you for what?" I asked. "Saving your life," "Thank you very much," my father called from behind. Hugging me hard.
  "Wait a sec," my father said, "Are you Gathian?" "Yes," said the man, "Name’s Jehu."  "We are headed there, we were attached at night and need a place to stay," "You wish to seek refuge?" Jehu asked, curiously. "Yes," Jehu thought for a sec and then said "Come with me," I was too tired to argue.

Chapter 2- I have not gotten a chance to write it yet, but I will, soon. This is my first novel. Please give me any advise or feedback, I'd like that. Thanks. Bye.
© Copyright 2007 Sugar and Spice (bluebaby1994 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306680-Jathia