*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1308545-Turth-or-Lies
by Vernie
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Emotional · #1308545
Loss of Grandchildren
Truth or Lies?

I don’t know exactly when I first stopped believing him, maybe it was the first time he stopped me from seeing my grandchildren or maybe it was after many attempts of trying to help him.

I was there when Jesimae was born. I was very excited and expected to be in her life forever.

Then Robby met my step-daughter, Carrie, and I was so excited for her to have a mate and for my five month old granddaughter (Jesimae) to have a father figure.

My husband and I spent many days even weeks taking care of Jesimae as she is the light of our life. Our first granddaughter - so small and precious - needed stability in her life.

Within months Robby and Carrie found a house and moved Jesimae out of our house. We were still able to pick her up as we pleased and many times kept her for days, even weeks with no calls visits from her parents to even check on her well being. I wasn’t sure if I should be happy for them thinking we were capable of caring for their child, or if I should be irritated because they seemed happier without Jesimae in their lives.

Two years later, when our second granddaughter (Gail) was born, we were not notified of the delivery and were kept from seeing either of the girls for about six months. During this time Robby and Carrie had moved close to seven times. Even the attempts we made for contact was endless. Phone calls denied or unanswered, wouldn’t stop when they realized we were behind them, and the whole time Jesimae in the back seat waving and yelling maw maw and poppy. Not knowing the reason for the loss of contact and not seeing our little tubby bear or our new granddaughter made the nights lonely and days unbearable. The house was too quiet, the toys were left untouched, and Jesimae’s room was to clean.

When they needed somewhere to stay due to the loss of needing to move again, we were finally able to see Jesimae and our new granddaughter Gail, and then the lies started flying again. Oh, the excuses went from “we were told you didn’t want anything to do with Gail only Jesimae” to “we didn’t know you were driving behind us”. I explained to them that both girls were our granddaughters and would be loved and cared for in the same way.

I fear of losing the right to see the girls again we just dropped the whole thing and let them move in with us one more time until they could find themselves another place to live.

When Gail was three months old, Carrie was pregnant again. We knew in our hearts what would happen when the due came closer. Carries and Robby both agreed and promised that they would not ever keep the kids from us. Nine months later our first grandson (TJ) was born, and again they were kept from us. This started the moving, avoiding us, and refusing phone calls again.

We finally grew tired of this and decided to get an attorney. We were going for grandparents rights and even offered to pick up and drop them off since we knew they could never be on time and possibly wouldn’t show up at all. Carrie not wanting to go to court agreed to sign the contract and let us start seeing the kids again. After my husband and I went to court we were able to see the grandkids for about three months, and then the obvious started all over again.

After contacting and showing the court order to a sheriff, a deputy sheriff and a local police officer, we were told by each one that there was nothing they could do because our attorney messed it up by not indicating which weekends were going to be ours, she only put in every other weekend to which we had no proof when we had them last. Each officer also told me to keep a journal indicating when we had them, when we didn’t, when they moved and what conditions they were living in. You see, neither of them like to clean and the kids were in need of stability once again. So when we can we have to go back to court and have the order revised.

In the four years, Tubby Bear has been born, she known around sixteen different homes. They have been living with us now, once again, for four months. They are planning on moving in a few days and we worry over not seeing the grandchildren again. Oh how can I go on? During their time with us, Jesimae has become even closer to me, Gail is the sweetest little doll and TJ is just learning to walk. I just lost my mother two months ago and cannot bear the thought of losing these kids again. Jesimae’s bed is in our bedroom, how hard it will be to see it empty after seeing her sleeping there every night for four months. She is now and will always be Maw Maw’s Girl.



Word count: 860
© Copyright 2007 Vernie (vernie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1308545-Turth-or-Lies