*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1308804-the-ghost-in-my-home
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #1308804
traped inthe darkness a man hears a voice
        For two weeks my house has been haunted.  It started after dark when I witnessed a light in the T.V. area flick off then back on.  At that moment I felt the presence of the super natural.  A voice said, “Don’t enter into a dark room.”  This creeped me out, so I turn on the lights before I enter any room in the house.
        Imagine being chased out of the darkness, your back turns on you, and a feeling of dread enters your body.  I’ve always been afraid of the darkness.  When I was a teenager I used to run across the dark basement to my room, and as I entered my room I jumped to the safety of my bed.  Before the safely of my bed, I knew there was a monster with scaly hands trying to get at my foot, ankle, and calf.  After arriving on my bed, I would perch on my hands and toes panting and breathing hard. 
        Lately the voices have been getting worse.  My room in the new house is in the attic.  Luckily Keith, the dead resident, never spent much time up here.  I am the first person to live in the attic, but in the stairway that leads to the attic I hear his voice again.
        “Don’t enter the hallway for the rest of the night.” Of course I could not obey.  So he repeated himself, “Don’t enter the hallway.”  I paid him no sense, and when I was downstairs I heard a buzzer go off.  My clothes were dry.
        I feel the tension in my back every time I turn off a light and head to my room.  I think the problem is just starting.
© Copyright 2007 rock ball (pendulum at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1308804-the-ghost-in-my-home