*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1309050-THE--MAN--IN-RAGS
by WendyT
Rated: E · Short Story · Ghost · #1309050
True story of my first remembered encounter as a child with a Ghost!
  Some things stick in your mind. Some things, that may have happened a long time ago, can be remembered just like they were yesterday......

  I remember many years ago now, when I was a little girl of three. I was a golden haired child, the youngest and clingy, always hanging on to my mothers skirts. Mother would take me in to town, the town of Grimsby in England. We would do some shopping there, and have a meal. On this particular day, my mother decided to go into the local department store to buy some haberdashery items. I was, as usual, clinging on to her skirts, and feeling rather small, as I looked up to the high counter, way out of my reach.

  As my mother was being served, I turned my head to the left, and I noticed just next to me and behind me slightly was a scary old man. He was dressed in rags, and had a rope for a belt, holding up his pitiful excuse for a pair of trousers. His hair was lank,long and  greasy, and he leered at me, with broken and rotting teeth, and a face that was in dire need of a good scrub!

  He looked just like the actor Fagan, in Oliver Twist, in fact he looked right out of the novel! I turned and hid my head in my mother's skirts, too scared to look! Eventually I looked again, and there he was, closer than ever. He said to me in a creepy, whining sort of vioce, 'come with me little girl!' I was in shock! In a panic, I couldn't understand why my mother didn't tell the horrid man to go away? Once again he ordered me to go with him. I just hid my head in close to my mother's leg, nearly pushing her over! I heard the man snarl, 'you had better hang onto her tight!' When I took a peep out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the man had gone!

  My mother's voice brought me back to reality. She scolded me for pushing her so hard, nearly knocking her off balance! I never said anything to her, about the scary old man. I was just little, and confused I guess because she had not seen him or said anything.

  It wasn't til years later, when I began developing myself more Psychically, that I realised that the scary old man had indeed been a Spirit person. I have seen many interesting and strange things since then,and even send Earthbound Souls on their way, but that, my friends, is another story...:)




© Copyright 2007 WendyT (spiritlove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1309050-THE--MAN--IN-RAGS