*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1309075-The-Virus
by Jay
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1309075
In the year 3,697 a young girl may be the key to the survival for the human race...
By year 3,697 half the human race has been destroyed. The cause - a deadly virus that destroys anything with human DNA. The virus affects the human organs, causing them to shut down. Humans from all over the galaxy fled their homes and moved to neighbouring planets, not yet effected by the virus. A refuge city was set up in The Purple Moon System on a planet called Soul-sighta. Many people have died and many will still die. Amongst all the sorrow and death is a young girl who may be the key to the survival of the human race.


Planet: Soul-sighta


Isha's eyes fluttered open. Where am I? She looked around. Glass vials lined a table across the room. To her left a small window let  moonlight filter in giving her a small but precious amount of light. Trying to move her arms she glanced down in horror to find that they were strapped to the table that she lay upon. She tried to remember how she got there, but her mind was like a hollow black pit. Noises to her right. Through a small white door she didn't see before, a man walked in. “Isha how are you feeling?” he walked carefully over to her carrying a small object he concealed in is hands.“How do you know my name?” Even to her own ears her voice sounded weak and scared. “Now, don't tell me you don't remember me?” She felt a slight burning in her right arm. Every thing slowly grew dark.

Isha woke up screaming. Her whole body trembled as she gulped for air. Climbing out of her
bed she crawled across the floor of her room until she reached her trunk. Pulling on her clothes she stepped outside. Ten purple moons lit up the sky casting a purple glow around the planets surface. Thoughts swirled around her head, as she walked through the city towards the forest who was that man in my dream? Where was I? Closing her eyes she tried to search her brain for some distant  memory, but her mind was like a bottomless pit. The earliest memory she had was of  being brought here by people she didn't know at the age of ten. She had spent a long nine years on this planet wondering about her past. Dreams haunted  her every time she closed her eyes. She wadded through the forest's plants, a strange collection of tall lilly pad like plants. Siting down she leaned against a large blue tree trunk. Images of a man with blrown curly hair and black eyes, and a woman with silvery skin and snow white hair and fluro green eyes, flitted across her subconscious. 
                                           
                                 

Planet: Jipeya


Isha looked around as she stepped of the ship onto the planets surface. Crowds of people buzzed around her, as they shopped on the the busy market street. Hmmm this looks like a good place to waste time. She looked around at the different market stalls, all sorts of strange things from all corners of the galaxy accumulated in them, some sold watches, Personal Holo 
Vids, spare parts for ships, one had large pens filled with all kinds of animals. A curious yellow monkey with stalk eyes poking out of its head, watched as she walked by. Isha walked over to one that was selling hover boards. A small black board caught her eye. She picked it up. A small yellow alien with three eyes turned towards her."Its a three cires deposit to test the board." Digging into her pocket for the money, Isha handed it to him as she stepped on the board. She pressed her foot down onto a small pedal at the front of the board. It took of zipping between the crowds of people. A loud beeping sound filled the air. looking down quickly at the small screen in the middle of the board she saw that she had exceeded the speed limit. All vehicles have a speed limit warning, it was annoying but fairly easy to disable. She made a sharp left turn narrowly missing a small Levi. (Levitating bike.)
Stopping Isha stepped of the board. “How much is it?” The stall merchant turned “Twenty cires.” Handing over the money she hit a small button on the side of the board, instantly it folded up into the size of her palm. Isha slipped it into her pocket.

Glancing down at her watch Isha made her way towards a large floating globe shaped building.

Isha walked carefully through a large white hallway, her feet echoing with each step.  Suddenly she found her self in a small room a soft calming blue light filled the room. Walking quickly over to a small desk were a young women sat, she placed a small amount of money in a slot on the desk. “Good afternoon may I help you?” The Attendant chirped in one of those phony voices people speak in when they think your  going to give them money. Isha stared at her.  “I'm here to see Dr Leony.”
“May I have your name please?” the attendant questioned from behind her desk. “Isha.” The attendant frowned “Your full name please” Isha looked up a scowl spread across her face. “Its just Isha” She walked over and took her place in the waiting chairs. She tried to relax as she felt the chair mould around her body matching it's exact shape. “Isha Dr Leony will see you now”

“Take a seat, Isha” Dr Leony said her facial expression giving away nothing. Isha sat down, resting her boots on the table. “Please take your boots of the table.” Her voice was firm, the kind of voice you would expect a teacher to have. “The results from your test are quite fascinating. The blue marks on your arm show that you have been infected by the virus but your body is healthy-there isn't anything wrong with you.”Dr Leony thought for a minute “I'd like to run some more tests on you. In all my experience with the virus I have never seen this before.” Isha stood up a dark stony expression on her face “Your services are no longer required. We're finished here.”Isha strode out of the room. She pressed a button  on a small square cube in her pocket, activating a computer virus she had previously planted on Dr Leony's computer. Immediately all the records of her visit were deleted.
Isha walked calmly through the busy market street, a tall figure dressed in cargo pants, and a ripped teeshirt crashed into her. She felt his hand slip something into her pocket. “I'm sorry” he smiled as he walked away. Isha slipped her hand into her pocket pulling out the small tracking devise he had meant to put there without detection. Scanning the devise over, (a small palm pilot.) she started to hack through the defense system. A name flashed across the screen when she was done. Jaxson there was no sir name just Jaxson. Where do I know that name.




Planet: Soul-sighta



Isha crept silently through the halls of the computer lab large rafters stretched across her head. Looking around the corner she saw two guards heading towards her. Reaching up she grabbed a bar that ran across the roof. Kicking her legs Isha swung silently into the rafters, just as the guards came into view. Watching silently from above she saw them swipe their thumbs across the identification pads, before walking through a nearby door. In two seconds Isha somersaulted to the ground. Spinning around, she jammed a small stick from her pocket in the closing door, and quietly slipped through . Looking around she saw the guards hovering in front of a wall-sized computer. She crept silently towards a large black box, the computers main frame. All legal files in the galaxy were in this computer. Taking a tinny strip of plastic from the inside of her ear,  she stuck it on the side of the main frame. Isha had previously programed it to search for all files with the word Jaxson in it and in a split second it was done. Slipping the strip back in her ear she suddenly felt something cold against her head. Rising slowly she found her self staring at the barrel of a gun. “Your under arrest for breaking into a secure facility.” one of the guards stared down at her. Oh Xraith! Isha swore as the guard clamped magnetic cuffs around her wrists.

Two hours later Isha sat in a black leather chair in the planets security office. The door clicked as a dull looking woman walked into the room. “Isha I presume?”

“Yeah”

“You've been in this office twenty seven times.” the lady read a large file on her desk. Her eyebrows rising as she read Isha's file. “You know breaking into the system is a big deal compared to the rest off this stuff.”

“So?”

“So you could go to jail.” Isha smiled “You know you can't put me in jail you have no proof I was in the system.”

“You broke into the building.”  Isha smirked “So give me a fine and I'll can get out of here.”

“You had better watch yourself  Isha. The law is tough on people like you. People die every day from the virus and we can't afford people like you making it worse.” the lady spat the words out hatred in her eyes. Slowly Isha stood up, walking towards the door she paused “Send the bill to my account.”



Isha sat alone in her room, holding a small palm pilot. Her eyes were tired of searching the files she had down loaded from the system. Her mini computer was filled with piles of information. Something caught her eye. She reached over and touched something on the screen. A small police file opened up, with a small picture of a guy named Jaxson she recognized him instantly as the man from the market. Scanning over the info, one sentence caught her attention.
Occupation: Bounty Hunter.
She read the rest of the file. All though no proof had been found to convict him, he was on the polices hit list. Isha leaned back against the walls of her room. What did a bounty hunter want with her?




                                        ********************************



Planet: Jipeya


Jaxson leaned back in his chair, The desk in front of him was completely empty to the naked eye, but with special UV technology a small scan pad underneath the desk could be seen. fortuanetly the police weren't smart enough to check. He slid his wrist infront of the pad, scanning a small micro chip in the inside of his wrist and activating a large computer screen. Jaxson pressed the screen. The information made him sit up. She didn't, She did.  “Xraith!” Jaxson sighed rubbing his temples. She found the tracker. He pressed a few more buttons on the screen. An automatic voice chirped “Last recording of target was on planet Soul-sighta at the refuge city.” Looks like I'm going on a trip.




Planet: Soul-sighta





Jaxson walked calmly along the ship landing zone. A police bot hurried up to him “This is a restricted planet, What is your business here?” Jaxson rolled his eyes “None of yours”

“Sir you'll have to come to police head quarters.” the police bot turned to escort Jaxson towards the police head quarters.


“Please scan your wrist for identification sir” a bored voice came from behind the counter where Jaxson was standing, at the police head quarters. Slipping a thin film of plastic on his wrist, Jaxson reached over and scanned it. “What is your business here.....” Quickly looking at the screen he finished his sentence “Mason Resa?” Jaxson smiled “Oh, you know just tourism” The man frowned “A refuge city is hardly the place for sight seeing.”

“Well actually I'm just stopping here to collect some belongings, I'm on my way to do my sightseeing”

“Well, every thing checks out, Mason, so your free to go.” Jaxson smiled “Thank you, officer.” As he walked out the door Jaxson pulled the film of his wrist smiling to himself as it melted leaving no traces of its existence. Stopping at a public computer, Jaxson dropped a few coins into a slot. “How may I help you?” an animated voice asked. “I'm here to find Isha.” the computer hummed as it searched its files. “Only one Isha is recorded as living on this planet. Place of residence is in sector Z.5”


                                       



                                          **********************************

Isha stepped into the elevator of her apartment building. The elevator zipped down the thirty stories faster then light. A slight ding indicated that she had arrived on the ground floor. Making her way across the marbled floor, she headed over to the door.  Isha walked slowly down the street, aware that foot steps were closely following her. One, two, three, four. Isha made a sharp right turn down a small alleyway between two buildings. Her eyes searched the walls. Grabbing at invisible hand holds she pulled her self up onto a small window ledge. Keeping hidden in the shadows, she looked down as a twenty year old boy came into view. Jaxson! Isha swung down of the ledge slamming her feet into the his chest. Jaxson wobbled, as he put his hand against the wall to steady himself. Jaxson stared at Isha, her fluro green eyes drew you to her face. Her short black hair covered one eye slightly. Her clothes were completely black allowing her to blend into the shadows almost perfectly. Reaching back Jaxson twisted his body round, using the wall he pushed off slamming his leg towards her stomach. Isha grabbed his leg just millimeters from her stomach. Jaoxn grinned as he jumped into the air spinning. He brought his seconded foot around so it connected with her face,  causing Isha to fall to the ground. Reaching in to his back pocket he pulled out a small needle, he drove it into her arm as she tried to struggle to her feet. Reaching down Jaxson threw the unconscious Isha over his shoulder.

“The agreement was fifteen thousand cires for the girl!” The voice came from a small holographic image of a man, projecting out of a small communicator Jaxson held in his hand. He patted Isha's arm “She was a bit more trouble then you let on.” The man on the projection scowled. “Daylain won't like this.”

“Well tell your boss if you don't meet my new agreements you don't get the girl.” The man's scowl deepened. “We'll contact you within the hour.” The image faded. Jaxson looked down at Isha. He quickly pulled out a large black bracelet clamping it onto her wrist he picked her up. The bracelet created a special chemical that was injected into her blood stream, carrying the chemical straight to her brain, keeping her unconscious until he removed it. Jaxson dropped her listless body into a large crate, he placed a holographic projector on top
of Isha body, instantly  the box looked and felt like it was full of old books, clothes, and other bits of junk. He clipped a silver AG (anti-gravity box) to the outside, he pushed the floating box along in front of him, heading towards his ship. Two police bots flew over for a standard ship inspection, but finding nothing amiss they let him proceed. Jaxon grinned as his ship rose off the planets surface. 




                           





Planet: June~i'pia


After Jaxson's ship touched down on the planets surface, he zipped through the busy streets, on his Levi (Levitational bike) it was a red hovering motorcycle. Dodging the traffic at an insane speed, Jaxson finally stopped in front of a fifty story sky scraper. Stepping through the glass doors he made his way past the receptionist to the elevator. “Sir, you can't just go through like that.” the worried receptionist called after him. Jaxson stepped out of the elevator, into a long hallway the cream carpet so thick you could feel yourself sink three inches into the floor. Isha walked calmly next to him her wrists bound with magnetic cuffs. Opening a large double oak door, Jaxson stepped through into a large office, the back wall was made entirely out of a glass window, revealing the spectacular  fifty story drop. A man stood with his back to Jaxson gazing out the window. “Hello Isha” the man said without turning around. Isha stared the black curly hair vaguely familiar. She gasped as he turned around. The man that haunted her dreams stood before her. “I will give you twenty thousand cires for your trouble, they've been transfered to your account.”  Jaxson slid a small card over Isha cuffs. instantly the magnetic field broke allowing her to move her arms. Back outside
the building Jaxson sat on his Levi. He flipped a switch on the side of the handle bars, a small holo vid appeared. “I'd like to check my account balance”  The lady  on the screen pressed a button “Please scan wrist for identification”
“Account balance twenty thousand cires.” Shutting down the holo vid Jaxson pulled out in to the street his Levi roared down the motorway.



                                      ************************** *********



Isha stood in the office, Daylain motioned for her to sit down. She remained where she stood making no motion to sit down. “Its been nine years since you last stood in this office.”
Dayalin gestured around him. “Who are you?” Daylain stopped, a scowl crept across his face. “Of course, they erased your memory.” 
“Who?” the single word slipped from Isha mouth, and hung in the air. “The people that hid you in the purple moon system on Soul-sighta, they thought you'd be safe there and that I wouldn't find you. For nine years I searched for you, waiting for a chance to finish what I had started.”
“What do yo...” Her words were cut short as she felt a small prick in the side of her neck, slowly she sunk to her knees the world growing slightly fuzzy. “Take her to her room.” Daylain spoke to a security guard that stood over Isha's crumpled form. Daylain stopped the guard as he was taking Isha out of the room. “Kill the bounty hunter.”


Isha's eyes fluttered  open. Where am I? She looked around the plain white room. There was a small bed in one corner, on the other side of the room there was a large holo vid pad hanging on the wall. Rising slowly to her feet she walked towards the door, it was locked.
What the hell is going on? I have to remember something. Flashes came of her being led through a blue hallway towards some doors at the end. She sighed no matter how hard she tried she couldn't remember anything important. A slight buzzing came from the wall she looked over at the holo vid. A small screen appeared with Daylain's face. “Get some sleep Isha, we have a long day tomorrow” The screen went dark.

                                   

                                        ***************************************

                                                                                                                                             
“Arrghhhh!” Isha screamed the pain was unbearable. She was lying on a glowing white table. An IV hung next to her pumping a blue liquid into her right arm. “Arrghhh!” The sound tore from her lips but she was barely concious of it. Daylain watched her through a clear glass window.The experiment was almost complete. Suddenly the pain stopped. Isha lay on the table curled up in a ball, tears streamed down her face. She looked up as Daylain walked into the room. Her eyes flashed with anger. Suddenly renewed with strength she jumped up. Grabbing a knife from a nearby table, she leaped across the room,. pressing the knife against his throat. Daylain smiled at her “I see its working”
Isha lowered the knife a little. “What are you doing to me?” This was his chance Daylain grabbed the knife, using his elbow he knocked her in the jaw, leaving her sprawled across the floor. Isha stood up. Wiping the blood from the corner of her mouth. Her eyes flashed “You'll pay for that!” She lunged at him. Daylain plunged the tranquilizer dart into the side of her neck. He grinned triumphantly over her, as she sunk to the floor. Finally I have done it, I have created a fighting machine.  “Sir, are you all right?” Daylain turned around, grinning at the three guards that had rushed into the room. “I couldn't be better.” One of the guards glanced down at Isha. “What would you like us to do with her?” He inquired as he nudge her with the toe of his boot. Daylain looked down at her crumpled form. “Take her to her room. We shall take her to the training facility tomorrow.” The head guard turned to the other two. “You heard him. Take her to her room.” Walking over to Isha they picked her up and carried her towards the door. Daylain watched thoughtfully. Tomorrow will be a good day.



                            *****************************************


Isha's eyes fluttered open. All the pain from the day before was gone. Slowly Isha sat up. Someone was coming. She took of running across the room. Leaping from the bed Isha landed cat like on a small low beam hanging from the roof. The door to her room slid open and in strode Daylain. Isha held her breath as he glanced around the room. Daylain whistled and in walked a large alien named Seria, with yellow skin and six arms. Two of his arms looked to large for his small thin body. His head was large compared to the size of his torso. “Fetch Isha will you” Daylain said simply before heading towards the door. “Where is she..” Seria started to ask but was cut off, as Daylain pointed to the beam where Isha sat.

Isha looked around, the room she was in was pitch black but she could see every detail, more then what she could see in the light. Her hearing and sense of smell felt like it was amplified by a hundred. At first all the sounds and smells were just a blur but gradually her brain began to pick out the differences and where they came from. Isha turned her head quickly to the right, her green eyes glowing as three battle droids entered the room. One of them released a spray of tiny poison filled daggers in her direction. Isha saw them move towards her almost in slow motion as she rolled across the floor. Doing an aerial cartwheel Isha landed behind the droid working quickly she opened it's main frame. Unable to shut it down entirely she  rerouted the droids gun programing making it unable to fire. The two other droids moved towards her. Isha ran towards the seconded droid. A knife flew through the air, missing her head by centimeters. Isha reached back into a backbend, pulling her legs up she wrapped them around the droid's head, she then pulled the droid forward over her head onto the floor. Quickly Isha flipped back onto her feet, grabbing a knife that was buried in the wall, she slashed at the droid's stomach, green battery oil began to slowly leak onto the floor from the wound, as it grew slower and slower with each movement. One more slash and it stopped entirely. The third droid followed with a similar fate. Isha blinked as the room lit up with bright lights. Almost instantly Isha's hearing, sight, and smell grew dimmer slowly returning to normal. Six armed guards burst into the room. “Drop the knife!” Letting the knife drop to the ground Isha made her way out of the room . Daylain stood in the hall infront of her. “ The results are stunning, aren't they?” Isha lunged at him, as the guards grabbed her arms pining them to her sides. 

                                           

Isha stood in another training room, this one was filled with ropes,walls, and ledges, red laser beams pulsed across the floor. Grabbing a nearby rope she pulled her self up, swinging her legs back and forth she jumped onto a wall Her fingers searched methodically for the slightest  finger holds. Leaping like a cat she grabbed the next rope. Isha somersaulted through the aire landing on a small ledge about two inches wide. She made her way across the rest of the room jumping and spinning, with carefully calculated movements.




                              ***********************************
 

Two weeks later.

Daylain sat in his office thoughtfully stroking his face. He motioned to one of the guards “She says ready.” The guard motioned to his partner “Fetch the girl, then get the ship ready.”






Planet: Dupili'an


Isha walked numbly forward as two guards escorted her down a long brown passage way.
Suddenly a bright light surrounded her, the roar of the crowd defend her threating to knock her over. Looking around she saw the silver walls melt into the roof  creating a large dome. the walls were covered with balcony's filled with people and aliens of all kinds. in the middle there were five floating plat forms all in a strait row, ropes hung from the ceiling between them.  Isha's eyes widened as she took it all in, “It can't be.” she gasped. Domination.
A large  shape fell from one of the plat forms above her head, a large alien landed with a thud in front of her. The crowd thundered. Looking up she saw a figure dressed in a black trench coat grab one of the rope and slide down to the ground, he stalked towards the fallen alien. Complete triumph  reflecting on his face, slowly he pulled a sword from the back of his coat. Standing above the alien he pressed the sword against the aliens throat. A voice echoed around the dome. “The match goes to  Atex”  Atex slowly lifted the sword a small trickle of pruple blood ran down the neck of his opponent. 
“Domination” Isha whispered. Domination was an illegal game, five players would start a deadly battle until one was left. The others would be left dead or badly injured. Most games it was against the rules to kill your opponents you just had to disable them anyway possible. If the players or someone of power in the audience request “Till Death”(T.D) the battle cannot end until only one is left breathing.
Isha turned to the guard. “Why am I here?”She questioned. He smiled  “To learn.”
“What do you mean?” she asked her brain buzzing trying to find the answer.  The guard smiled. He leaned over “He wants you to fight” he whispered as he handed her to long daggers, before giving her a shove. Isha stumbled back  she stared at the blades in her hand. “To fight.....” her words were cut short as the ground beneath her feet began to shake.
The small patch of dirt she stood on rose up like an elevator, stopping at a level hight with one of the plat forms.  She stood there unsure of  what to do. Suddenly the ground she was standing on dropped out from beneath her. Reaching out Isha grabbed the edge of the plat form as she fell, the knives clattering on the ground far below her. As she dangled from the platform, a large shadow fell on her face, looking up she saw a muscular man standing on the plat form. Pulling a knife from his belt he leaned over her. “This is going to be to easy” His voice rung out above the noise.
Isha watched as the knife moved towards her, faster then light she swung back. Letting go of the plat form she used her momentum to fly upwards above the platform, her legs crashing into the knife bearer. Rolling quickly to her feet she released to fast kicks to the back of her opponents knees. He screamed in pain as his knees suddenly changed direction. He fell to the ground with a thud as Isha quickly lashed out again rendering him unconscious.

Isha looked around the other four plat forms had battles going on as well. Quickly she surveyed the players. On the plat form in front of her there were two people fighting. One was a blonde girl around eighteen, she held a double ended sword in her hand called a partex knife, the actual blades made of electricity not enough to kill but enough to make sure you lost. The man she fought was the weaker of the two. He was not as agile as his opponent in his age making him an easy target for her blade. Isha watched as the blade connected with his side instantly knocking him out. The young girl made a motion at Isha saying that she was next. Isha ran towards the edge of the plat form. Jumping over the edge she grabbed one of the ropes. Using her momentum she twisted around to the next platform. As she landed she could feel her self tip backwards over the edge.
She felt a hand grab her clothes and pull her forward. Looking up she saw the girl grin “I'm not gonna let it end that quickly”  Isha ducked as the electric blade passed by the place where her head had been. “Your pretty fast for a new girl” The blonde girl smirked “but are you fast enough?” Isha somersaulted side ways, as the girl moved her sword around  in a small arch towards her side. Isha swept her leg along the ground towards the girls legs. Looking down the blonde girl jumped nimbly over Isha's leg.  she smirked at her “you're not bad” Isha smirked back just as she jumped forward propelling her foot into the other girl's chest. She grabbed the  sword as it flew through the air, with one quick movement she stuck it in the girls stomach. Isha smiled as she fell to the ground “ I guess I was fast enough.”

A sudden roar cut through the air. Turning just in time, Isha saw a large fist cut through the air connecting with her lip. Stumbling back she put her hand to her face, blood came away on her fingers. Isha fell to the ground as a foot connected with her side. Rolling out of the way as the foot came down towards her again, Isha grabbed a near by rope she swung down towards the ground. Picking up her swords she ran towards her opponent.  He was a large alien he had large muscles in his arms and legs, but she knew that this would make him slower and gravity would be on her side. Isha lashed out with her swords he deflected with both his arms but she noticed he was left handed deflecting her blows with his left arm Isha quickly jabbed out with her sword to his right side, he deflected as she had hopped with his left arm leaving that side temporarily open. She lashed out quickly with her hand a hard blow between the ribs. As he fell Isha hit him on the side of his head leaving him temporarily parallelized. Looking around her gaze fell on the last player she recognized him as Atex the winner of the last battle. Grabbing a rope Isha ran towards the wall. Running across it she began to spin, she then pushed off sailing towards Atex. Anticipating her move he grabbed a rope and lunged off the platform meeting her for a deadly aerial combat high above the ground. Isha swung her foot around to hit him, she looked up in surprise as he grabbed it, using her force he swung her foot around causing her to spin. Grabbing a knife from a pouch on his arm Atex cut through Isha's rope. Reaching out Isha tried to grab another rope but only succeeded in slowing her fall down. Hitting the ground with a sicking thud, she rolled over, groaning as she slowly tried to climb to her feet. Suddenly she felt cold steel against her side, she knew she had lost.

Isha walked down the hall away from the arena. An older woman appeared from the shadows and fell into step next to her. “You did well in the game” the lady nodded her approval as she spoke. “I'm here to take you to your new living arrangements” Isha stopped suddenly “my new living arrangements?”  The lady looked surprised “you're to stay for the period of two years to complete your training. You are free to wonder around as you wish, but your movements will be tracked at all times. You may leave the planet if you wish but you may not go past the third moon if you do there will be consequences.”
“What training?” Isha asked. “Daylain wished you to stay here to learn to fight.” The woman continued walking “You should hurry to your room to sleep, your next match is tonight.”



                                 
                                  ********************************** 




“Your not a bad fighter” Isha jumped at the words looking around she saw a shadowy figure in a black trench coat leaning against the wall in the corner of her room. She recognized him instantly, Atex. “What are you here for, a rematch?” She sneered. Atex's eyes darkened “I beat you once, I'll do it again.” His voice matched the confidence shown on his face. She knew he didn't lose very often. Turning Atex stalked out of the room. Isha sat on her bed for a bit before walking out the door, and heading down the hallway. She stopped at a large open room. People and aliens sat at large steel tables, the room was a boring grey color. She recognized it as the cafeteria. Heading over to a large line of people she grabbed a tray from a nearby cart.

“Hey watch it!” a blonde girl cried as Isha bumped into her, as she made her way through the tables for a place to sit, her tray piled high with slimy green food. The blonde girl suddenly
smiled “Its the new girl, have fun in the ring today? Loosing?” Isha smirked “I beat you, didn't I?” The blonde girl laughed “It won't happen again”  Isha's eyebrow arched “Won't it?” The blonde girl leaned over to study her face. “Your alright.” she remarked as she straightened up. “The names Reon.” she held out a black leather  clad hand. “Isha.” Isha replied making no motion towards the hand. Reon pulled her hand back and laughed. “Lets go eat.”


“So how long have you been here?” Isha questioned staring curiously at Reon. “About five years.”

“How did you come to start playing “Domination”?” Reon looked up from her food. “People come for all different reasons to prove their the best, win money, whatever. The other half get dropped here and have no choice but to play, their basically slaves.” 

“You didn't answer my question.”  Reon smiled “I have my own reason.”  Isha looked thoughtful “So how does the game work?”

“Well, you know the basics so I'll skip those. When you start out in “Domination” you have points called Giras. When you lose a match you lose five giras for every player you lost to. When you win, you gain twenty giras. If you lose too many matches you'll end up with negative gira, when that happens you lose stuff like weapons. You get your weapons with giras, the more giras the better the weapon. You can buy giras off some of the wealthy spectators, but I wouldn't advise it. If  you buy giras off them you can't leave until your debt is paid, I'm stuck here until I win my hundredth battle, all my winnings are forfeited to Slyn until I've finished. So even when I've won my hundredth battle I'm stuck here with no money.”

“Why did you buy the giras from Slyn in the first place?”

“Because if your negative giras and have no more weapons your stuck here for the rest of your life.” Isha looked up a dark look on her face “So either way your screwed”


 
**********************************







Planet Jipeya





Jaxson  sat in his apartment on the thirty first floor of the building. Siting there in darkness Isha's green eyes were all he could see,  he could see the pain behind the coolness of her eyes. Closing his eyes, he leaned back into his chair. Suddenly a loud crash woke him from his thoughts. Instantly alert, he made his way quietly from his chair towards the noise. His eyes straining in the dark a slight sound told him he wasn't alone. Quickly he grabbed a small pulse gun from his ankle. looking down he saw a red marker on his chest.
Jaxson dived to the side just as a bullet whizzed through the air towards him, missing by millimeters.  Pressing a small button on the wall next to him, the lights flickered on. Quickly looking around he counted four intruders in his apartment. A spray of bullets ripped up the floor about a foot in front of him. Rolling to the right, another spray of bullets ripped up the spot where he had previously been. Jaxson looked out from behind the wall he was hiding from, he had just enough time to take in the location of all the intruders before the bullets erupted again. Only one way out. Quickly firing his pulse gun as a distraction Jaxson took of running across the floor towards a large window. The glass shattered as he hit.

The air stung his eyes as he fell almost blinding him. One, two,three,four,five. Reaching out Jaxson's fingers curled around  a thick rope quickly he clipped a large handle around the rope. He slid along the rope hanging from a small flying fox like contraption. Once it had slowed down enough he let go dropping onto a nearby roof top. Quickly making his way down to the street, he thought about the attack. Plenty of people try to kill him, but this was different these people were professional. He moved swiftly towards his Levi. Jaxson pressed a button on the handle bar. “Changing to stealth mode.” The computers  voice told him. Quickly the bike color changed to black, it's motor turned silent. Making him able to closely follow the men that were leaving his building. He carefully tracked their car through the traffic, before they finally pulled up outside a small building. Jaxson turned into a nearby alleyway, he quickly surveyed the building. Jaxson pulled a gun out from behind his back aiming it carefully at the roof, he fired. A spike with a long rope attached to it sailed towards the building. Pulling a switch he reversed the guns mechanisms so it retracted the rope pulling him easily up towards the roof. Pulling out his holo vid. He opened up a screen showing a boy, with fluro orange and black spiky hair. “Jaxson, what you need man?”
“Tuje, I need you to shut down all building security in sector F.18.” The boy grinned “You got it.”
Shutting down the vid Jaxson carefully made his way over to an airvent and quickly dropped inside. Crawling through the pipe he came across a vent, looking out into a dark room. One man stood in it, recognizing him as one of the men in his apartment, Jaxson moved to get his gun. But quickly stopped when he noticed the man was in a deep conversation. He strained to hear. “The bounty hunter escaped.....Yes sir.....But sir... No sir I would never question your authority.”  The man sighed, reaching over to the wall he pressed a button on the wall. A young man entered. “What did Daylain say?” The man turned. “If you have to ask your a fool.” Jaxson made his way back down the vent. So this was Daylain's operation.  This isn't about the money that much is obvious. Isha's face came to his mind again.


Jaxson moved through the traffic on his Levi at an incredible speed. He opened a holo vid on his bike. Tuje's face filled the screen. He grinned “I see your last mission went according to plan, since your still alive and all.”
“Tuje, I need you to hack into the computer in  Daylain's office and download all the files you can of it.” Tuje whistled “That isn't going to be easy. Hold on a minute.” Tuje's face hardened as his fingers flew across his key board. “K, got some of the files. Most of them have some super locks protecting them, even I can't get through those. If you could connect me directly to his computer, I could get 'em.”
“Download the files on to my palm pilot.”
“Downloading now.” Jaxson turned the holo vid off. Pulling his Levi to a stop Jaxson slid off and handed the keys to a robot to park it, before making his way inside a hotel.


Jaxson starred at a screen on the wall. All the files downloaded of Daylains computer were displayed on the wall. After running a search for the word Isha Jaxson came across her file. Hacking through the security took a few minutes. The file opened a head shot of Isha was in the corner, next to it was one of her as a little girl. It went on to tell about her age, where she was born, who her parents were. Her father was a human man from a planet named Jypen, he had died when she was four. Her mother was some kind of alien, what type was protected by a secure code Jaxson couldn't bypass. Reaching over, he selected another file marked “Isha experiment”. Genetic experiments. He's using her to make a super human. A file down at the bottom of the screen caught his eye. Opening it he quickly scanned it. Three thousand human trials, all fatal. That Gateth man killed three thousand people. Isha was the only one to survive. Jaxson closed down the file anger flashed in his eyes. Spinning around he slammed his fist into the wall. What have I done?









Planet: Dupili'an



Isha stood in the arena, the crowd roared. She stood with a knife against the last contestants throat. The announcer declared her the winner. She had been there for three months. After loosing the first couple of battles, she had learned and was now unbeatable wining countless battles. Isha stalked out of the arena, blood dripped from a knife wound in her left arm but she didn't care. She went into her room, her senses increasing in the darkness. “I know your here Atex.”
Atex turned the light on, almost instantly Isha's senses faded. “You and me tonight, I've arranged a battle. Just us. The we'll see who the best is.” Isha smirked “Done.” Atex turned to leave. He paused half way through the door way. “By the way your bleeding.”
Isha went over to a small set of drawers. Pulling out a strip of plastic she pressed it against her arm, sealing the wound. Closing her eyes she sank to the floor.


                                          ****************************



Isha stepped onto one of the platforms in the arena, a blue glowing partex knife in her gloved hand. She wore black pants and a black tank top. Atex stood across from her, he wore his black trench coat, gloves covered his hands. A small silver earing hung from one ear. In his hand he held a small knife, it was used to do a lot of damage to your opponent. It was capable of killing if used correctly. As the crowd quietened in anticipation, a loud buzz filled the air. Atex grinned “Game on.” He lunged at her his blade slashing through the air. Isha ducked sweeping her foot along the ground she knocked his feet out from under him. Atex rolled as Isha plunged her blade down towards him. Flipping to his feet he lashed out with his fist. Isha spun so that his fist sailed harmlessly past her stomach. As she spun Atex lashed out with his other hand, this time his blade slashed across her cheek. reaching up to touch the cut on her face, Isha's eyes flashed. Jumping up she slammed her foot into his jaw causing him to stumble backwards. The two stood facing each other in total silence. Their eyes locked.  Dropping their knives they moved into hand to hand combat. Atex swung at her every move calculated, Isha dodged and ducked, using her hands to hit hard blows into his sides. Atex ducked sweeping his leg across the ground to knock her off her feet. Isha pushed into a cartwheel her hands on his back. As he stood up Atex reached for his knife. He lashed out at her with it. Isha bent over into a back bend to avoid the blow. Her hand clasped around her blade. Kicking her legs up she hit Atex in the stomach before flipping back onto her feet. Atex swung his blade towards her, Quickly lashing out with hers, Isha landed a clean blow into his side. Atex stumbled the blade weakening him. Still he fought his face filled with determination. His blade ripped through Isha's stomach before he finally fell to his knees. Isha clutched her stomach blood dripping through her fingers. The crowd cheered as she was announced the champion.   
© Copyright 2007 Jay (jayztar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1309075-The-Virus