*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1311086-The-Last-Son-of-Dominus-Chapter-6
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #1311086
The Truth about the Dominion royal family is revealed!
The Crowned Prince of Dominus awoke with a start, drenched in cold sweat and unable to catch his breath. He fought the urge to check his hands for blood just as he had every night for a fortnight.  The only decent sleep he could hope to get followed an exhausting bout of training, when his body simply drug him so far down into slumber that his visions were unable to torment him.  It was only when he had driven himself to the edge physically that the dreams would not come.  Vieft groaned as he arose from bed, his aching body protesting the lack of rest it had received.  He navigated around his chambers with ease, despite the only light provided to him was in the form of moonlight from beneath his heavy velvet curtains.  One dressed, he grabbed hold of his sword and departed for the training area where he hoped to find relief from his nightmares.

It had been two months since his coronation as Crown Prince, three since the end of his trials. The leaves had since fallen from the trees, giving much of the palace surroundings a golden floor.  The celebrations had a done much in the lifting of the Dominion spirit given nearly two decades of seemingly endless wars and conquests and the hardships the common folk endured to ensure the continued prosperity of their realm.  Vieft had welcomed them for a time, though the superficial began to annoy the ShadowFire heir, who had always enjoyed a much simpler life.  He deemed that his place for now was not at feasts and balls, but in the only home he had known and where he could find a greater peace.  After only a few weeks of opulence, he elected to leave the Dominion capital to return to the more modest palace where he had spent the last few years.  No longer pursued b pining ladies and lords, each seeking audience or moments of his time to vie for his favor, Vieft knew peace where none would find him but those he so chose.

Entering the training area and walking down the staircase into the fine sand below, steel-blue eyes took in the oversized facility and weapons racks that remained the same as they had been nearly a year ago.  For a moment, his thoughts drifted to the fair-haired introvert who he had both trained and fought beside.  No word had every come regarding what had become of his friend, most disregarding their friendship as though it were best left in the past. Thoughts of Shaden were suppressed and it was with a rush and a swift hand that his broadsword was drawn , its edge singing as it was swing through the air.  A mock battle ensued with the prince taking the offensive at times and the defense at others.  The intensity quickly sapped the strength from the dark-haired swordsman but he continued the furious pace in hopes that he would soon tire enough to return to sleep.  He would swing that sword until the waking reflections of his haunted nightmares were no more.  He found that so long as his sword was in hand his thoughts were somehow robbed of their significance-through the sword he felt truly powerful.

"I thought I would find you here," the sweet voice of Alis called out to her brother.  She stood at the top of the stairs with a cloak tightly about her shivering body.  Despite the chill in the air, she greeted her brother with a warm smile as he turned to face her.  Upon his return to the palace, they had renewed their bonds, especially considering Alis' emissary skills and political duties and Vieft's difficulty incorporating the politicking associated with his new lifestyle.

"Keeping my skills sharp," he explained before sheathing the weapon.  He told her everything from what really happened at the tomb to the special revelation Shaden had given before her arrival on the eve of his trials.  There were few secrets between them, though it was Vieft's secrets that were their common grounds.  Alis was never as forthcoming, hiding all of her true thoughts, feelings, and even intentions from all but the most piercing eye.

The princess greeted her kin with a kiss on the keep before pulling the robe closer still.  "You do not tell the whole truth," she accused with a slight laugh, "always a bad liar."

"This is true," Vieft admitted with a smile.  She does know me well, he thought to himself,  "In all honesty, I found difficulty sleeping."

"Nightmares again," she said in a tone that betrayed her concern, "It is as I feared.  I am plagued by them as well.  A chase through the woods, but I can hear nothing but my heartbeat and cannot look back despite by best efforts. Its as if some unknown force focuses my attention to the endless forest."

Vieft watched his sister shudder at the recollection, then gave her a comforting hug.  "Just a dream," he reminded her, though her description seemed similar to him in a way that he could not place.

"Vieft?" she asked in a gentle tone, her cheek pressed to his chest, "May I ask you something?"

"Of course," he encouraged her, curious as to what she might ask.

"What would you say if you discovered that your life was not as you had thought? That everything you were ever told was pretense and everything you believed to be true a falsehood?"

"Alis?" he questioned, trying to determine the cause of such an inquiry.  The Dominion Princess merely lifted her head and met his steel-blue eyes in search of his answer before he could utter it.  Yet this time was unlike all those before it, and something within him reminded him of his supernatural encounter below the tomb of Alastine. "I would seek the truth," he said finally to his sister's surprise.

Alis smiled brightly to show her pleasure though it was short-lived, drained by the grave nature of this truth she had wished to share with him for so long. "Let me show you something," she said in a gentle voice, taking Vieft by the hand and leading him from the training room, through the winding halls back to her chambers where she quickly locked the door behind them.  "Have a seat," she advised him as she moved to her bookshelf.  From there, she pulled a worn book with the ShadowFire crest emblazoned on the cover.  She gave it to the prince for his examination before stepping away and watching him.

"What is this?" Vieft inquired in a curious tone, noting the markings of fire and what appeared to be blood on the edgings of the paper.

"It is our true history and heritage, a gift from an old friend that had been purchased at great price...." she paused to allow him time to skim a few pages written in an antiquated language of the scribes and scholarly.  "It contains the memoirs of the knight-blade Cadash, a hero who defended the besieged kingdom of Dominus until his dying breath."

"Besieged," the prince murmured. His mind journeyed back to recall some fact or lesson pertaining to the history of Dominus that pertained to the siege. "By the Shintarian Empire and its allies before I was born."

"The same one," Alis affirmed, "though what you have been taught is not what occurred during that bloody season."

"What do you mean?" Vieft asked with a furrowed brow.  His eyes met those of his burdened sister who took a deep breath to strengthen her resolve.

"Once, a strong and noble king named Dyn ruled the kingdom of Dominus. During his reign, our people were united and our prosperity knew no bounds.  It was a time of peace in a history of war and strife...."

"What are you saying?" her brother asked in a quiet tone.

"King Dyn had a brother on who sought his throne.  Unable to challenge or rival the king, he instead sided with our enemies and had his brothers, his comrades, his family executed following the most valiant stand of our age." Vieft watched her eyes well with tears, then fill with anger and hatred the likes of which he had never before seen in his sister. "That same man usurped the throe from the brother he betrayed and declared himself Emperor."

"There has been but one emperor in Dominus. They say that when the nation was without leadership, when there was nothing but darkness and the throne of Dominus lay empty, he returned and became our land's savior, making peace with Shintar and driving them off and returning a taste of prosperity to the lips of the people. You are saying that Magnis is this kinslayer? This usurper of which you speak?"

"I say he is worse, Emor.  No man of honor would order the deaths of his own blood-kin, of women, children, and elders.  They were butchered like animals and left to the beasts.  Only a monster could do such things and treat their own like common slaves and pawns of his schemes."

"Who knows of this?" Vieft asked quietly, idly thumbing through the aged pages as he struggled to process all of what he had told him.

"Our mother.  She was the only one the bastard spared, and only because of her gift of Sight.  If not for that, we would have been put to the sword long ago as well."

"Surely a father would never --"

"That man is not our father, Vieft," she corrected him, then softened once she realized the blow dealt. "We are fortunate survivors of that massacre, Emor, the means to control a powerful weapon in his conquests–the ability to predict what has yet to come.  It is the reason why we cannot go as we please–we are as prisoners whose stay of execution has been for that reason alone."

"If not Magnis, then who? Dyn?"

"It is hard to believe, I know, but many men have died to preserve this truth from the corruption of the Emperor, who would bury this scandal to preserve his reputation as some sort of avenging saint.  Many more have sacrificed to return the rightful king to the throne. To make you King, Emor." 

Her eyes met his and suddenly he understood the voice in the tomb. "The world deceives me," he muttered under his breath, recalling what he had been told as Alis moved to kneel before the only heir of the Dominion throne.

"There are those in all levels of this Imperium who would have the son of Dyn placed upon the throne, enemies of Magnis and those loyal to the memory of our slain father.  Think of what I have told you, read this account of the stand, and search your heart and what you know to be true."

Vieft nodded and returned her smile.  "When you are ready," she said in a respectful tone, kissing her brother's hand as an expression of her admiration, "there are those who would seek audience with you. I know you shall do what is right and pursue justice."

"I shall dwell upon what you have said, Alis," the crowned prince said with a slight smile before standing to depart."

"Well met, Emor, and farewell."
______________________________________

The Dominion prince walked the palace grounds and the orchard that provided much of their fresh fruit, his heart heavy and his mind consumed with thoughts brought on by his sister's accusations a few nights before. At first, he discounted the validity of her words, believing that perhaps she were stressed from her duties, perhaps resentful of Magnis, or simply misled by some prophet or soothsayer she had encountered abroad.  It was no surprise that the Emperor had many enemies, and sowing discord amongst his family was an effective tool to undermine his power–perhaps by using his children as weapons to usurp the very throne that he had allegedly ascended by treachery and deceit.

Then other thoughts slowly began to draw his attention.  Memories he had long suppressed or failed to interpret resurfaced–his treatment of his bride and children, the amazingly successful campaigns that had expanded their domain despite the odds against them, and dozens more began to change his perception.  A sigh from his mouth released some tension from his body and created a wisp of mist in the cooling autumn air.  His fur-lined cloak was drawn closer to his body as he regarded the simple beauty that surrounded him, the changing leaves in hues of green, red and gold, and found some comfort in memories of times when life was much simpler.  Autumn was a time for change, and he felt a great deal of change was still before him–all that had happened in the last year had led him to this pivotal time.

As Vieft passed by a wooden bench, he sat heavily upon it before running his fingers through his long raven hair.  His thoughts then returned to the book which he had taken and carried with him now.  The truth, according to Alis, lay in the account of Cadash, the legendary knight-blade whose many tall tales had been preserved for prosperity's sake. Leather gloves peeled back the old front cover to the book, the first step towards understanding all that was hidden from him before.

What follows is an account of what may become the end of Dominus, proud and noble Dominus, felled by the hand of a traitor. It is with a heavy hand that I pen these words on behalf of the bed-ridden Cadash of the House of ShadowFire, loyal retainer of the realm and knight-blade of King Dyn.

Vieft's eyes poured over the hand written account of the staged murder on Dominion soil, that of a Shintarian noble and of the decree that the killer was to be found before the end of a fortnight.  Cadash was placed in charge of the investigation, one that took him to all corners of the kingdom in search of a phantom, and even into the depths of a series of catacombs supposedly under what was then Castle Dominus.  It was there that Magnis revealed himself, having thought to still be abroad seeking adventure and glory, as the mastermind who had orchestrated what would become one of the greatest invasions for generations to come.  Cadash's lover, who was of a people called the X'ians was taken captive during a grand battle that resulted in Cadash being wounded and poisoned by Magnis's blade.

The knight-blade would then speak of Magnis's true plans, which were revealed with the assumption that he would not survive to tell another soul.  As the second born, he would not have been in line to ascend the throne unless his brother, Dyn, were slain.  He had personally killed the Shintarian ambassador in order to bring the wrath of the mightiest nation on Gentara down upon his own family.  The capture of the X'ian princess was simply an added bonus, drawing the X'ian nation into the fray.  The castle was besieged on two fronts, both day and night, for nearly a fortnight until it fell, though Cadash had already sacrificed himself in battle prior to the fall.  When the invasion had ended, he would return to the war torn people as a champion and beacon of hope–he would become the Savior of Dominus.

"There you are, milord," a familiar voice interrupted Vieft's reading.  The prince looked up with wide eyes and a pale face to see a man dressed in a Legionnaire's dress uniform of crimson, burgundy and gold.  Pennock approached quickly at first, then slowed, the fair-haired officer looking quite worried at his prince's appearance. "Are you alright?" he asked in a concerned tone.

"I am alright," Vieft quickly answered as he moved the book from sight, taking a deep breath to steady himself.  His heart was racing and he felt weak, the shock of his revelation having slowly sapped away his vitality.  The sun had began to set in the sky and the temperature had dropped significantly in the time it took him to read most of the account. "Just appreciating the scenery for a while."

"Of course," Pennock replied, taking the noble at his word.  The officer who had trained and safeguarded the prince for some time looked about the orchard and the golden floor all about them.  "This place reminds me of home.  On the estate I grew up on, we had an orchard much like this and my brothers and I would harvest the fruit when it was ripe, and during autumn we would play about in the leaves."

"I don't believe you have ever talked to me about your home," the dark-haired prince realized as watched the Imperial officer reminisce.

"I suppose I have not.  I do not speak of home very often, as it has very little importance to my duties here."  Pennock smiled as he looked down upon the Dominion prince and for a moment saw the same boy he had trained years ago.  "I grew up on a small estate, the son of an officer who had served your grandfather long ago.  He raised me and my three older brothers since we were very young, my mother passing before I had the chance to truly know her.  We did well for ourselves, yet when the Legionnaires came looking for soldiers, it was the three youngest who were taken.  Since then, both of my older brothers have been killed in service of Dominus," he revealed, a shadow seeming to pass over his face at the mention of his two deceased brothers."

"I am sorry," Vieft offered, suddenly feeling worse for having asked.

"Make no apologies, milord.  They were noble, honorable men who did what was required of them–they fulfilled their duty to the throne of Dominus."
Both of them shared a nod before Pennock reached into his cloak, producing a rolled parchment bearing the symbol of the Imperial Academy at the Citadel.  "I had sought you out to give you this. I assumed it was your appointment to the officer's academy," he admitted with a proud smile, "but I thought I'd let you open it."

The prince blinked and stood, accepting the document and carefully opening it. "I have been given an appointment at the academy this coming spring."

"You have my congratulations, Prince Vieft.  I am sure that the experience will only make you a stronger leader, and a great king indeed."

"Thank you, Pennock," he replied with a slight smile, still in shock from the revelation he had earlier and now from the sudden shift in his state of mind.  He was not sure whether he should he pleased with his new appointment or apprehensive.  The Academy at the Citadel was amongst the most difficult and definitely the most prestigious.  As the future ruler of Dominus, he could expect another stint under the close eye of some taskmaster who would watch and critique his every move and every decision.  Pennock's words were true–he would be a better leader for it, but it had not been long enough since the completion of his trials and now he was being asked to overcome yet another challenge.

"Of course.  Shall you need an escort back to the palace, milord?" Pennock offered, looking about at their ever-darkening surroundings.

"No," Vieft answered with a dismissive hand.  The Legionnaire bowed in respect, as was expected of him, before turning to leave.  "And Pennock, I would like to hear more of your homeland some time before I depart for the Citadel."

Pennock turned and shared a smile with his maturing prince. "I would like that, Vieft," he responded before nodding and marching back towards the palace, his hand resting upon the pummel of his weapon.  The dark haired prince watched as the distance grew between them before took a deep breath and looked back towards the book he had left upon the bench.  He now saw why his sister had exercised so much caution in its handing and preservation, as the information within was enough to unravel the entire kingdom from the heights of its power down to the very soul of the land.  Alis knew that in the hands of her brother, that truth would become a weapon against Magnis the usurper, one that only the "true king" could wield should he chose. As the moons began to rise into the sky and the sun began to set, Vieft took his book and returned to the palace with a quick stride.  Little attention was paid to those about, servants and soldiers who all acknowledged his presence as they were required. The prince's strides were long and quick, his boots seeming to hover just above the ground as he sought out the only person he could with more information than he–the Dominion princess.

"I knew you would come, Vieft," Alis whispered after she heard her door quickly open and shut.  She could feel her brother's eyes upon her as she finished a phrase in her book, replaced the quill into her inkwell, and set the parchment to the side.  Turning about, their eyes met, and in an instant, she could feel the disbelief, the doubt, the apprehension.  The princess would rise, running fingers through her hair and smoothing her long emerald robe to make herself presentable to her brother.  "I only revealed the truth to you because I felt that you were ready, Emor.  You have come so far... I apologize, but it was necessary."

"How long have you known?" Vieft whispered as he took cautious steps towards her, the book held tightly in his hand as he approached.

"For many years now.  I drew strength from the thought of the sacrifice of so many to preserve this knowledge in hopes that you might find it and believe in order to keep up such a masquerade.  Our mother has lived a life of fear and abuse at the hands of that tyrant believing that one day you would learn the truth of what happened and free the lands from his control–she has endured unspeakable torment and humiliation to ensure your safety for this very reason, Emor." Alis watched her brother's tortured face for a long moment before frowning.  "So much has been hidden away from you, Vieft.  I know this is so very hard for you to accept at one time, but you must. Mother was used as a tool for Magnis's conquests and a plaything and little more, akin to a well-dressed slave, as was I."

"What do you mean?" The dark-haired prince asked softly as he saw the tears begin to well in his sister's eyes.  Her hand gripped the chair behind her as she leaned back, turning her face away from the man she loved more than any other in life.

"I do not mean to cry before you, Emor, but I cannot help myself.  Each of us has a dark secret, something that they would have no one know no matter the cost–and I shall share mine with you now."  The princess took a deep breath and brought her hazel eyes back to her brother's concerned face.  Inside, she had wished that all men were as noble and genuine, though she had learned the harsh reality at a great price to her soul.

"Do you recall when I was to meet my betrothed, Emor? It was many years ago in these very chambers that you lay there on the bed as the servants prepared me... painted my face and clothed me in all the best that the Imperium could provide."  As she told the story, her hands gestured to add power to her speech, and to release the emotional pain she had been holding onto for so long.

"I do," Vieft responded simply, his heart sinking as he watched the pain in his sister's eyes, knowing that what was to follow was absolutely necessary.

"I departed from these very gates that night and rode by escort to the lands of Kadera, then a kingdom on our northern boarder that had only grudging relations with our kingdom.  There I was to meet Dasan, the ruler and the man that Magnis had decided I was to wed when the time was right for him.  I was taken to his summer estate where he had awaited my arrival for days.  The man was the embodiment of all that is foul and despicable amongst men and I knew it from the beginning but I had a duty to my 'father' and to my people. He," she began with a pause as her chin trembled and tears began to flow steadily down her cheek, "he took me that night as if I were his bride, Vieft, and I was but a girl.  Without mercy, without pity, without reservation, he took from me that which was not his to take.  I was abused that night and my soul had been wounded forever. I still remember trying to fight in vain, trying to scream and being unable to breath even as my body betrayed me."

Alis continued to reveal the scene to her brother, but they fell upon deaf ears as the prince took her into his arms, holding her tightly to his chest.  The words slowly turned into sobs as she released tears that she had held in since that night.  Her hands tried to push him away, so that she could save face at least, but her fingers found no place in which to drive away the man she loved.  Eventually, she gripped his back and simply cried into her brother a mixture of sobs, apologies, and mumbled details that had haunted her dreams.  Vieft simply rubbed her back and smoothed her hair, encouraging her to release all that had been plaguing her and that reassuring her that he was there and that the event had passed.

After some time had passed, her grip grew weaker as did Vieft's embrace now that most of her tears had been shed.  The princess took a step back and wiped at her face with both hands to regain her composure before continuing her tale. 

"When I returned to the palace, I quickly realized why I had been prepared the way I had been–the entire event was part of the agreement between Magnis and Dasan. If I had gone to tell the emperor that his newest ally had deflowered his bride's daughter, it would have fallen upon deaf ears since he had finally found a useful purpose to keep me alive regardless of the nature of that purpose.  Instead, I brought my plight to Mother, and she had pity on me.  At that time, people were revealed to me as members of a cause... those who had sought to undermine Magnis's growing power and put you on the throne by any means. Come," she said as she took her brother's hand into her own and met his steel-blue eyes with her own, "there is something you must see."

Alis and Vieft moved along the halls, hand in hand, like shadows in the night.  Many of the servants were either in their dining hall or preparing to bed for the night now that the sun had set, but the guards were still patrolling the grounds and the palace.  At times, Alis would freeze in place, seeing the torchlight of one of the patrolmen in the distance before determining that it was stationary and continuing along their path. All Vieft could do was wonder where he was being led, but he trusted his sister fully that whatever required such cautious measures was well worth the risk.  Finally, they came to a tapestry, one of the palace itself sitting high atop the hill with the sun setting behind its massive white stone structure.  Alis's hand slipped under the heavy cloth and pressed down to produce an audible click.  The prince's mind went back to memories of his Trials, even as he was led into a similar corridor leading down into the hidden depths of the palace's understructure.  Once the door was closed behind them, Alis walked down the tunnel with Vieft's hand in hers, and it was obvious that she had been down this path many times.

"In the days in which this palace was built, the chief architects of Dominus would first design the structure they sought to build, and then would often create an intricate tunnel system below for the storage of materials.  In essence, they built from the bottom up and outside in.  After the building, this palace included, was completed, these tunnels were often sealed away never to be reused unless the entire structure was destroyed and the process needed to be repeated."

After another few feet on travel, Alis released her brothers hand and he could hear her feet moving along the stone floor.  Sparks then illuminated a massive circular chamber, each time revealing more and more detail.  After the third spark, a torch was lit and held up by the Dominion princess, revealing yet another secret that Vieft could never have guessed.  The chamber was a central area that led to several others, seven additional tunnels leading to paths unknown.  It was obvious that they had once been occupied, though it appeared its former residents had left in a hurry leaving behind many tools that could have been mistaken for construction to the untrained eye and signs of a hasty retreat.

"What is this place?" Vieft asked in a hushed voice, pulling the cloak from his shoulders and resting it upon his sister's. 

"Do you recall the peasants revolt a few years ago? The one which was put down after several weeks of struggle with the Legions? Or perhaps the assassination attempt on the Emperor earlier this year?"

Vieft's eyes widened at the events she brought up, especially the failed attempt at Magnis's life.  Suddenly, that night began to make more and more sense as he recalled the dying words of the assassin who nearly took his life, but was cut down by Shaden before he could reveal his identity or the cause in which he had sacrificed his life for.  "The work of this... group that wishes to see me in power?"

"One and the same.  They actually operated out of this very palace at one point, though after the assassination attempt, they had to move abroad.  It had simply become too dangerous to be so close to the royal family, but they still await word from us on how to proceed," she said before turning to face Vieft fully, her light-brown hair covering much of her face, "Words from you, Emor. They wish for you to lead them onward to victory, to prosperity–to return Dominus to that which is was and was always intended to be."

"This is too much," the Crown Prince whispered as he looked about the chamber again.  "You would have me challenge Magnis for the Dominion throne? That is madness!"

"What other choice do we have, Emor? To live under the mercy of a man who has used us since birth and who only allows us to live so long as he can gain from our toils? You are the hope of the people and the future of our land–you will not face him alone."

"You are right, Alis... Now that the truth has been shown to me, I cannot simply ignore it.  It is... destiny."  The words did not even feel as if they were Vieft's, but something within him had seemingly placed those words into his mouth. 

"That is what I hoped for, Emor... now let us return before we are missed."
_________________________________________

"You thought yourself clever, did you?  Did you not believe I could know the actions you have taken against me in private chambers and hushed voices?" Another earth-shaking slap was brought down upon the reddened face of Arianna, who endured the punishment with a face as hard as stone.  Her azure eyes burned with hatred and anger as her husband, the Emperor, stood above her as she knelt upon the ground.  "Defiant as always.  You must forget that I know your greatest weakness as well," he growled as he took a fistful of her hair into his wide, thick hand.

"And I know yours, husband.  You need my vision to continue your success, to continue your mad vision of ruling these lands.  Surely not even a tyrant like you would sacrifice his only true advantage in battle."

Magnis laughed as he cast her face first down to the ground.  The lady ShadowFire hissed under her breath as her elbows and forearms collided with the marble floor of her chambers.  Those fiery eyes peered through a shroud of dark-brown hair towards her captor, who now walked towards her closed curtains to look over the hillside view she often enjoyed during more peaceful nights.  "Tyrant? Is that any way to speak for the man who took you as his own after your husband was tragically slain in battle? Who has fed, clothed, and provided for your children since that day?  I am the Savior of Dominus and your are a low-blooded whore.  I may never understand what Dyn saw in your, but you no longer have a purpose here but as my bride."

"What?" she asked in a voice of shock and horror, knowing what his words suggested.

"You must be punished for your insolence.  Treason is a mighty offense, and I believe that the loss of your eldest shall remind you of what cost betrayal will bring to you and those who would oppose me."

"Milord, no!" she begged, shedding tears now in hopes that he was simply wishing to see her break and not intending to harm her children.

"Caron... do your duty," he ordered, the black-garbed enforcer giving his liege a dark smile before stepping out into the darkened hall to execute his directive.  "All those who oppose me perish, Arianna. After tonight, I trust I will have no further trouble from the House of ShadowFire and this pathetic rebel faction you have been nuturing–else the people shall mourn both of their shining jewels."

© Copyright 2007 The Last Son (onixstryke at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1311086-The-Last-Son-of-Dominus-Chapter-6